Whatever

LinkinPein

Be more respectful. They are busy making "mega server" SS and SF sound like it's much bigger than Harbinger and Ebon Hawk population. Give them time for the players to realize all they did was buy new servers that could handle the same/less players then move a bunch of dead servers together. It's good marketing to say they bought better servers to accommodate a vast population rather than same or less new servers. Edited by Seterade

Be more respectful. They are busy making "mega server" SS and SF sound like it's much bigger than Harbinger and Ebon Hawk population. Give them time for the players to realize all they did was buy new servers that could handle the same/less players then move a bunch of dead servers together. It's good marketing to say they bought better servers to accommodate a vast population rather than same or less new servers.

Oh! I thought with all this time, they talked about those super duper special mega servers, they were just waiting for subs to drop off first. So no new equipment was needed.;)

In all seriously, I was really pulling for BW do a mega server about 3-4 years ago. When the game really needed it then.

There are a lot of pvp'ers that have left the game in the last two weeks alone (since 5.9.2). I'm amazed, I've never seen so many of my mates cancel subs after a patch before.

At this rate, the ranked scene will be a graveyard by Christmas. Just look at the leaderboards and the progress (or lack thereof) in ratings. I've had fewer pops in SR than I had before the patch. In group ranked, on SF you'll now sit for hours without pops while spamming in chat for ppl to q. I've had a total of 9 group ranked matches on SF in the last two weeks, in stark contrast to ~25 matches per week before 5.9.2.

A lot of the people are heading over to WoW (BFA) or other mmos with bigger/healthier populations.

BW absolutely need to merge SS and SF if they want to keep the remaining few ranked enthusiasts interested in this game. This needs to happen NOW. I think in three months time, it'll be too late.

Once ranked is dead, it'll only be a matter of time (very little time) till the rest of pvp goes with it.

Indeed, queue times are far longer than before. At this point quality in SR is a distant, utopian dream; we need it to pop all the time. Just imagine for a moment SS Imps vs SF Pubs, no need to swap servers chasing the pops. However, it is the big issue here that will never change: greed. They just want to have an excuse for people to buy character transfers. The fact that they do not realize that thinking from a player perspective, what is for the best for the game is more profitable in the long term than milking casual players.

Come and try playing outside of the middle of primetime. Ranked will never pop and regs can take upwards of a few hours (depending on the time of day).

This is exaclty how it was before the last mergers in December. I stated then that this would happen in the next 6-9 months and people told me I was an idiot and didn’t know what I was talking about.

Now it’s happened and some of the same people who told me to shut up, have started to comment how this looks like it is becoming a problem again.

I noticed not one of them has apologised, which I honestly dont expect. But I do feel vindicated that I was right, even though I wish I wasn’t :(

There was never a reason to split the US population onto two servers unless they were geographically seperate. Putting them in the same data centre on the east coast ****ed over all the apac players and a tonne of west coast players,which made them leave.

Bioware couldn’t have been that naive to not known they would lose most of the APAC players and some of the west coast players.

It was short sighted of them to think they would ever need two servers ever again after those people left. They were never going to get enough people to fill two servers after the first month and a half past the mergers. Which means they should have just made one server.

Now if they want to merge again, all those people who hate mergers will have to go through it all again, instead of just ripping the bandaid off once with the last mergers, they will now need to rip it off again and piss off all those same people who are already arguing against mergers. And by not mergering soon enough, they will piss off all the people who need the population to be consolidated.

All Bioware have done is shoot themselves in the foot yet again with that stupid decision and will anger all the players. Bioware shouldn’t have any limbs, torso or head left after all the self inflicted wounds in the last 2 years. They must be an octopus. Maybe they should change their company emblem to 🐙. “All Hail Hydra”. Cut off (shoot off) one arm/foot and another grows in its place :rolleyes:

The obvious short term solution is to offer cheap transfers again. The reason I;think they aren’t doing that is they know there will be a big jump of players to one server and it will leave one dead. Which would expose how many people have actually left the game in the last 8 months.

In one breath it’s about how everyone sucks, in the next it’s about how there are no pops. Coming back from a few months off I am gobsmaked by two things: how awesome pvp in this game can be; and how utterly awful and uninviting the established pvp community can be. A lot of people in these forums are really cool. But man, so many in game are just so terrible. I can see no way for a new player to ever advance and compete to the satisfaction of the established pvp old guard. There really has to be a better on ramp for new players.

I think about playing often because I spent so much time studying the game mechanics and I love it. But all it takes is one angry group to neg me out and I just leave. Since Elo is broken I wish they would let us select a league for ranked, say expert or novice. That way if I select novice I would never have to deal with the elite players and their bad attitude. I bet there are a lot of solid C+ to B+ players who would play a lot more and get better but for the negativity of the serious players. It’s a real shame and a missed opportunity.

I really don’t think the elite players realize just how much their negativity drives players away.