Please let us /who for pubs and /whisper pubs.

septru

Yep, you should be able to whisper them if they are on your team

Why stop there? Why not /whisper them outside of the match or send mails to them? GTN was always X-Fac, there is no real reason not to enable private communication and a method to transfer items as well.

+1 for the cause.

Why stop there? Why not /whisper them outside of the match or send mails to them? GTN was always X-Fac, there is no real reason not to enable private communication and a method to transfer items as well.

+1 for the cause.

No.

This is a short sighted viewpoint from only one prospective (likely pvp) you need to understand that a massive portion of this game population only plays because of lore. If you choose to remove lore you will lose so many subscribers/CM money this game will shut down in 2 months. Like it or not pvpers do not make up the majority of this game (some do pvp but don't make it a focus) in any business you cater to your majority then tweak it for the minority, if and only if, it minimaly affects the majority. Removeing lore entirely from this game I promise it will not go well for a game that already has 2 feet in a grave.

Edited by Seterade

No.

This is a short sighted viewpoint from only one prospective (likely pvp) you need to understand that a massive portion of this game population only plays because of lore. If you choose to remove lore you will lose so many subscribers/CM money this game will shut down in 2 months. Like it or not pvpers do not make up the majority of this game (some do pvp but don't make it a focus) in any business you cater to your majority then tweak it for the minority, if and only if, it minimaly affects the majority. Removeing lore entirely from this game I promise it will not go well for a game that already has 2 feet in a grave.

I didn't ask to merge fleets or hubs or even to merge general chat. I asked to enable private communications such as whispers and mails between 2 players from different factions. This is useful in all aspect of the game. Imagine you could whisper your rep friend to relog his imperial toon to come raid with you without having to relog a rep alt (you might not even have a rep alt). Anyone who has a lore-wise problem with that can very easily NOT engage in chat with people from the other faction. Nobody seems to care so much that the GTN enabled cross-faction trade since release even though it is unrelated to PVP and is lorewise impossible. Nobody ever suggested to remove lore...

Also let imps and pubs group together, we should be able to play whatever alt we want to.

That might break lore in some aspects. Several FPS and OPS have different agendas for each faction. It wouldn't make so much sense if imps and pubs could team up to do group content which is all about saving your own faction and hurting the other directly or as a byproduct.

There could possibly be exception such as the dread ops and gods of the machine, but I doubt they would consider implementing such a specific thing. Think of all the exploits that would be possible if a X-fac group could exist at will outside of PVP instances, that would be Tython ganking all other again :p

what it comes down to is once you start opening "pub" and "imp" friendly activities (like chatting) you start on the slope removing lore. In of itself? not that "bad" persay, but where does it end? Gamers always want more and they will get from the devs until theres nothing but a game that caters to a specific group, then they all leave for a more populated game.

imp vs imp and pub vs pub pvp has existed since launch. the "grouping" is new from 4.0 OPG wz but it was needed. If I had to hazard a dev guess, they have been planning this since OPG was in development, and it was the test trial.

would I personaly love it if faction were abolished? absolutly, the game would be so much easier. that being said I recognize my opinion is not the majority so I would never suggest it. it helps a little bit these days that I no longer care what happens to the development of this game, but I would make this arguement in any game that used factions as its principle story

Edited by Seterade

+1 for the cause.

Why not just make one faction and thats it? Who needs lore in star wars anyway? Game is dying, full of buggs and glitches so there is no way they can maintain full-scale mmo with two fighting factions. Iam already downloading wow since swtor isnt role play mmorpg anymore. Will be watching on forum how this game is dying

what it comes down to is once you start opening "pub" and "imp" friendly activities (like chatting) you start on the slope removing lore. In of itself? not that "bad" persay, but where does it end? Gamers always want more and they will get from the devs until theres nothing but a game that caters to a specific group, then they all leave for a more populated game.

If lore keeps the game alive, then this majority who would leave if lore was gone would object to any "serious" offenses to lore (such as merging fleets or general chats or enabling grouping in the open world and PVE). "Gamers always want more" will not apply if the majority would be against it. So we gotta address any specific suggestion on its own. There is no need to fear "if you do that, what will happen next". Private communications do not harm lore more than the combined GTN (which was around since release) did.

Why not just make one faction and thats it? Who needs lore in star wars anyway? Game is dying, full of buggs and glitches so there is no way they can maintain full-scale mmo with two fighting factions. Iam already downloading wow since swtor isnt role play mmorpg anymore. Will be watching on forum how this game is dying

I will not bother reiterating my reasonings to a person who quotes my first post and ignores my responses to post such as his. You are welcome to read the rest of my posts here and see that I addressed the specific concerns about exaggerated faction-merging.

I would also ask you to cease hostility toward all of us who spoke actively in favor of X-fac PVP and "made it happen". It is getting too obvious.

Have fun in WOW :)

No.

This is a short sighted viewpoint from only one prospective (likely pvp) you need to understand that a massive portion of this game population only plays because of lore.

That ship has sailed long time ago, with cartel market (when just came, I remember back then, 80% of ppl in wzs were wearing eradicator set). Part of game lore is visualization, which cartel market broke. And now we have cross faction, so...

Edited by Shivax

If you're looking for cross faction communication, I made a voice emulation sort of Discord many moons ago. It would serve the purpose you're looking for. Its not associated with any community, just a way to organize and get stuff done. The channels are set so that they won't consume more than 1mpbs when you're connected, to keep Discord from messing with game play. The link is:

https://discord.gg/N5cDuet

No.

There are plenty of times in lore where members of opposite factions share private communication. There are plenty of times where you work with members of opposite factions in the story line of this game. This does not break RP

explaining it in terms of real life is all well and good, but in real life troopers got slaughtered by jedi, jedi could be hunted by hks, sith lords conquered time and space... all this is well and good, but you are playing a videogame whos bigger purpose is to play the money market and cater the majority of players.

I know about.... maybe 20 people these days who play this game? 9 of those 20 flat unsubscribed and uninstalled swtor when cross faction wz went live. (if 50% of my known friends left.. think about how many I didnt know who left) every single year this game has attempted to revolutionize their game, every single year they lost subs, they lost CM sales, every year has been a decline. the first 3 expansions were their biggest revenue... then it began to dry up. year after year.

and I personaly only log in to hang with said buds.. do maybe 2 ranked and 3 regs then log out. every year, every idea this game loses more and more, which then it takes then longer to make content, no content makes people leave and the cycle continues until the 1 server still online cater to the last of the diehard swtor fans

if you're wondering how far has this game is gone I would remind of one thing that we all know and dont need to look up anything. 5.x has gone on for 2 years without more levels or skills, in those 2 years we have had maybe a class rebalance centered around pve (with side thought to pvp) every 6 months. before these 2 years we had whole class changes 2 times in a 1 year span expansion. 1 vs 2 years. games thriving, top of the mmo merket these days.

lastly... this game cost 15$ a month. "You can't afford 15$? Get a job mooch!" The number isnt the point, the point is this game charges the same sub cost as the top MMOs on the web but doesnt come close to content output.

Edited by Seterade

explaining it in terms of real life is all well and good, but in real life troopers got slaughtered by jedi, jedi could be hunted by hks, sith lords conquered time and space... all this is well and good, but you are playing a videogame whos bigger purpose is to play the money market and cater the majority of players.

I know about.... maybe 20 people these days who play this game? 9 of those 20 flat unsubscribed and uninstalled swtor when cross faction wz went live. (if 50% of my known friends left.. think about how many I didnt know who left) every single year this game has attempted to revolutionize their game, every single year they lost subs, they lost CM sales, every year has been a decline. the first 3 expansions were their biggest revenue... then it began to dry up. year after year.

and I personaly only log in to hang with said buds.. do maybe 2 ranked and 3 regs then log out. every year, every idea this game loses more and more, which then it takes then longer to make content, no content makes people leave and the cycle continues until the 1 server still online cater to the last of the diehard swtor fans

if you're wondering how far has this game is gone I would remind of one thing that we all know and dont need to look up anything. 5.x has gone on for 2 years without more levels or skills, in those 2 years we have had maybe a class rebalance centered around pve (with side thought to pvp) every 6 months. before these 2 years we had whole class changes 2 times in a 1 year span expansion. 1 vs 2 years. games thriving, top of the mmo merket these days.

lastly... this game cost 15$ a month. "You can't afford 15$? Get a job mooch!" The number isnt the point, the point is this game charges the same sub cost as the top MMOs on the web but doesnt come close to content output.

Well, none of my friends left due to the X-fac PVP. I guess it depends on the people, but you can't assume anything about the total number of losses only due to the fact that half your friends left. Anyway, as me and many people have said, unlike the X-fac PVP, which affect people regardless of their choice, the ability for private communication will not affect anyone in any way unless he chooses to use it. The one and the only difference is, this time credit spammers could mail you from another faction, but who even cares for their identity?

Lastly, I think it is more about people just looking for reasons for dissatisfaction:

"Game is imbalanced so I sometimes get stomped" got replaced by "game is more balanced so I don't get to stomp as often as I used to".

"I hate 4 healers versus 4 DPS" became "I miss 4 DPS vs 3 DPS and a tank, it was so much faster than the full trinities we get now".

"Star Wars VII was too much like the old movies" - "Star Wars VIII was too different from the old movies"

"Huttball is too soloable" - "Huttball is no longer soloable"

"Voidstars are all stalemate" - "sapcapping in voidstar are too easy"

As loud as the complaint prior to the change was, as loud is the new one. People WILL always complain. We shouldn't worry about that when we suggest new features. It is not even a "change", just an addition.