Bug or Hack?

TrixxieTriss

A particular guild I’m not allowed to name :rolleyes: has either worked out a specific bug against Sorcs using Force Barrier or it’s a hack. I can’t work out which.

Here are the facts.

A. Pop force barrier, its working against other people hitting me and it’s only half way through (so it’s not lag)

B. Particular guild on classes that can push or pull other classes. Sins, PTs, Juggs, Sorcs.

C. They are able to pull me to them or push me away while I’m in Force Barrier and make it cancel

D. Only this guild has been able to do this too me

E. Every match I’ve been with them so far, they have targeted me and done this “every time” I use Force Barrier.

F. No other players in the game have been able to do this and I’ve had others use overload, force push, etc, on me while on Barrier.

Is this a bug that these guys know exactly when to use those abilities to make this happen, hence exploiting it or is it a hack? I’ve not had anyone else been able to replicate it and it only started today. I even asked some people to try it on me and it doesn’t work for them.

So how does this guild do it everytime I fight them?

If it’s a bug, I’ll post a bug report. If it’s a hack, I’ll report it. But I need more info so I can report it to the right people and don’t waste their time.

there are a couple pub abilities that pull you when they're not supposed to pull at all, including out of casts, through whitebar, and iirc barrier as well

one is definitely focused burst, not sure if it's only concentration, focus, or both specs

I think blade blitz or whatever that ability is called these days sometimes does it as well, not sure which specs though

I have no idea under what circumstances these pull effects happen, versus what circumstances they don't. But it's definitely a thing and has been for a long time

Edited by yellow_

there are a couple pub abilities that pull you when they're not supposed to pull at all, including out of casts, through whitebar, and iirc barrier as well

one is definitely focused burst

I think blade blitz or whatever that ability is called these days sometimes does it as well, not sure which specs though

I have no idea under what circumstances these pull effects happen, versus what circumstances they don't. But it's definitely a thing and has been for a long time

Ok thanks. I didn’t know that. But these guys are all Imps and I’ve never actually encounter this before. What’s really pissing me off is they know they can do it every time and focus me. It makes using Force Barrier pointless if they are on the other team.

because sorc pull breaks sorc bubble cast, if... if they were determined to troll you.. and they knew you.. timing their bud on your team to sorc pull then their team uses kb/pull.. it would be possible

It’s not someone on my team doing it. I would be able to tell if it was. Especially when it’s 1v3 and none of my team are around

Makes guarding a node impossible to hold till help arrives,

Edited by TrixxieTriss

thats a terrible bug.

Has anyone tested to see if it works with Juggs/Maras ?

That is exactly what is happening to me while I’m in Sorc Force Barrier and it pulls me out of it, making it pointless to use when against people who can recreate this at will. 😪

That is exactly what is happening to me while I’m in Sorc Force Barrier and it pulls me out of it, making it pointless to use when against people who can recreate this at will. 😪

Which is exploiting a bug on purpose to gain an advantage. Essentially it’s cheating if done on purpose.

But how do you report something like that without recording it each time because Bioware may not even see that in their data and it “could” be triggered accidentally.

So many bugs that are destroying this game from with in.

Which is exploiting a bug on purpose to gain an advantage. Essentially it’s cheating if done on purpose.

But how do you report something like that without recording it each time because Bioware may not even see that in their data and it “could” be triggered accidentally.

So many bugs that are destroying this game from with in.

I've never noticed this happening to me on my sniper while entrenched, odd that it would go through force barrier and not entrench.

I'm definitely going to pay more attention to it now to see if it does happen.

I've never noticed this happening to me on my sniper while entrenched, odd that it would go through force barrier and not entrench.

I'm definitely going to pay more attention to it now to see if it does happen.

I’ve had similar things happen on my sniper, but I just thought it was me until I saw Hotties video. Now I know what’s happening, it’s easy to spot.