Potential Server Restarts

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Quick heads up! We are seeing issues related to the start of Season 10. Specifically that matches are not properly recording wins/losses and are not rewarding players Seasonal Tokens. In order to fix this we will need to have a quick server restart on all servers. This will take less than an hour.

I do not have timing right now but this is likely to happen in the next few hours. I will post more info as I have it.

-eric

Can you address this as well?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=952431

We've seen this sort of transaction lag before after a patch. I'm not sure what goes wrong after the servers come back up... but this really needs to be addressed.

Note: I have seen this on both US servers today, and ping to the servers is rock solid... so it's clearly something within the servers themselves. It almost feels like the servers are disk thrashing or something along those lines... because everything appears to work.. yet a simply transaction like interacting with an NPC merchant, or the GTN, etc... can result in delays of up to 10 seconds (and it is not consistent.. it's all over the place).

Edited by Andryah

I'm hoping this will also address some really strange server lag that's been going on. Sometimes my SH isn't loading with all my stuff. I'll see other players in my SH. Having horrible lag trying to vendor stuff, opening Cxp packs, getting into my Legacy bank. It's strange and kinda annoying. Please fix! Oh, and please fix Conquest! That 'Once per day per toon per legacy' thing is still there and it needs to not be. K thnx :) Edited by AlainaFlute

I'm also seeing issues with toggling PvP on and off in the stronghold. It still has to be clicked multiple times to get the PvP to actually toggle off, and this has to be done every time I leave the stronghold or log out.

I experienced the same issue this morning when I bought the Rishi stronghold. It's the same bug that was on the PTS, that we were told only happened to people who had bought the SH on the PTS before the button was added, and it wouldn't happen on live servers. Apparently that wasn't the case. :/

I'd also like to ask for you guys to look in what's causing the repeated lag while attempting to take in-game actions, if you aren't already going to be looking into that during the maintenance.

Edited by AscendingSky

while you are at it, I am having some trouble setting down decorations in the rishi stronghold I click on a hook and none of the appropriate decorations turn up, the decoration inventory is empty

That not just rishi this bug been there since strong hold the only work around is hitting edit each time you place a deco

I'm also seeing issues with toggling PvP on and off in the stronghold. It still has to be clicked multiple times to get the PvP to actually toggle off, and this has to be done every time I leave the stronghold or log out.

It was reported on the PTS and Eric assured us it wouldn't happen on live:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9629746&postcount=6

I guess he was wrong.

Same here. Maybe they'll get it right by the time the double XP event is over.

where your toons in the Tatooine SH when you first logged in? Almost all my toons were there and they are all laggy. However, the 3 that were on Cor and the one on DK are perfectly fine.

where your toons in the Tatooine SH when you first logged in? Almost all my toons were there and they are all laggy. However, the 3 that were on Cor and the one on DK are perfectly fine.

I'm having lag in all of my strongholds. I've been avoiding Rishi, thinking maybe it was just bugs there, but I'm seeing lag in DK/Coruscant/Tat/NS/Yavin. It seems a bit worse in the NS stronghold than the other ones, but the lag is becoming progressively worse by the hour in all strongholds.