Why would you give Manaan 150 more hooks?

inexadus

Extra hook slots in all the Strongholds are welcome, though, in Manaan's case, it _is_ somewhat unnecessary. However, if you're going to add some extra rooms to use the hooks on, I certainly won't complain. Don't worry about an extra door messing with people's decoration placements; none of us would mind a little rearranging in exchange for more opportunity to capture the wonderful beauty of Manaan even further. Besides, it does feel like it's lacking a few private rooms, y'know?

Manaan already had too many hooks for its size when it was first released, but this is ridiculous. With a maximum of 800 hooks, Manaan should at least have two more medium sized rooms to go with it. I want all this junk out of my front yard already.

Manaan already had too many hooks for its size when it was first released, but this is ridiculous. With a maximum of 800 hooks, Manaan should at least have two more medium sized rooms to go with it. I want all this junk out of my front yard already.

Yes. I rather enjoy having my strongholds maxed out, and the addition was not well thought out, without adding rooms for it.

Why is that an issue? Conquest points bonus is no longer tied to having 100% filled strongholds.

Stronghold listings are still affected by completion. As a result, you'll get fewer visitors.

I already had to "hide" dozens of pets inside walls to make Manaan complete. I really wanted more Flagship hooks, not more Manaan hooks. (I should check, did we get more hooks anywhere else?)

Edited by Xina_LA

Stronghold listings are still affected by completion. As a result, you'll get fewer visitors.

I already had to "hide" dozens of pets inside walls to make Manaan complete. I really wanted more Flagship hooks, not more Manaan hooks. (I should check, did we get more hooks anywhere else?)

I've gone through it twice now and not seen any new hooks. I was hoping for the left hand roof the opposite sides of the fountains. Maybe some underwater ones where sides were empty but nothing spotted. Why did it have to be 81%? I could have lived with 80% but 81% is just going to bug the snot out of me.

I completely agree. Why add another 150 hooks to a small stronghold like Manaan? If it had been added to something like Yavin or the guild ships, that'll be great? but Manaan? come on, its completely unnecessary. Roll it back, having 650 was already too much to start with.

I agree.

Here's what I would prefer:

* Add a grid of Large hooks in the empty underwater areas.

* Add a ceiling hook above the underwater viewing port (and remove the existing thing).

* Add many more rug hooks around the stronghold.

But assuming they don't want to go back and adjust the hooks a second time, I would love a roll-back.

We've been asking for a higher hook limit on guild Flagships. I don't remember anyone asking for Manaan?

Oh, and the point of reaching 100% is because your SH kiosk ranking is affected if you don't. I love getting visitors but I don't when I'm below 100%.

Edited by Xina_LA

IDK, the stronghold ranking has no meaning anyway. Unless you have the full 2997 (or 4995 on SS) decorations from all ops achievements, your stronghold will be listed after all the conquest dumps. Since it's no longer possible to get more than 999 of any kind of decoration, the lists on the terminals are pointless.

Now that the conquistador's convenience is no longer the deciding factor that limits the available hooks, it's the convenience of those that consider a rigged ranking list important? Then that factor needs to go as well.

Number of decorations owned multiplied by hooks used is a bad way to rank a stronghold. When the ranking-list fans don't want to use all hooks, then count full prestige for any SH that is decorated to at least 25%. Or even better: add a player voting system instead.

Edited by Mubrak

In all strongholds there are many empty areas which could've had hooks on them.

I realize that the intro movie, which has your toon walk through the stronghold, would otherwise have your character ghostwalk through those decorations, which looks awful.

However, I still think they should've increased the amount of hooks that CAN be decorated, instead of increasing the amount of hooks that MUST be decorated to get to 100% completion.

It'd probably be for the best to add more ground hooks, even if they're in the middle of the hallway, perhaps also some more wall hooks; and also add more ceiling hooks, even though the decorations might clip a little with the architecture.

In fact, the clipping is sometimes preferable to a seemingly 'hovering' decoration.

Players would probably be served by giving them more freedom to decorate the strongholds the way they want, and one way is to add more hook 'locations'.

I always double check my decoration placement to make the intro movie shine.

It has taken me a bit but I've managed to squeak back up to 95% completion. I think there is where it will have to stay. It was quite daunting to swap out one big deco for nine others and only see the meter go up 1% for that area. But I think I've managed to not overdo it and add to it some. I will have to beg some guild mates to check it out at some point and hope I didn't clutter it up too much.

They could add some underwater rooms for those extra hooks. That would be nice.

Extra rooms to make up for the new deco cap, sounds like a great idea.

Preferably underwater, or an extra surface-level branch, that you can reach with an elevator button/terminal, perhaps.

That would take minimal effort, I think.

The argument used by some, that you don't need 100% on decorating, is an invalid argument. That's not what the issue is about.

It's the fact that Manaan is one of the smallest strongholds, and now needs even more hooks filled for 100% completion than the much larger Yavin stronghold. Removing the cap on Manaan would be one option, but perhaps just making Manaan larger would be a better idea?

Normally, I keep my SHs fully decorated because it puts them at or near the top of the rankings.. this change killed my Manaan rating. This was already the hardest one to decorate and not overstuff it. WTH were you thinking??????

Please either put it back the way it was or add more actual space to it.

Yavin actually could use more hooks in the tons of vacant places. The vast tracts lawn and the cave and tunnel.