Patch notes are up (5.9.2 )

Lundorff

https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/872018/game-update-5.9.2-galactic-legend

Characters that reach places they shouldn’t be, such as outside of maps, inside of objectives, or in the ground, will die.

It shall be interesting too see how many complains they get over this one. With all the dsyncing, glitching etc. I reckon quite a few players will be killed by this mechanic.

Game Update 5.9.2 marks the end of Season 9 of Ranked Arenas! Please refer to our Season 9 Ranked PvP Rewards Blog for details.

I thought season 10 would start at the same time, but I guess not?

It shall be interesting too see how many complains they get over this one. With all the dsyncing, glitching etc. I reckon quite a few players will be killed by this mechanic.

I like this one Nova Coast Players will no longer be able to cap a point outside of the intended 20m range (we’re looking at you, Phase Walk).

As for ranked season most likely be in 5.9.3 just a guess though.

Edited by Neoforcer

Corrected an issue where a player could change their Class Specialization before accepting a Ranked Arena queue.

Uhhh...is that as big of a deal as I think it is? Seems like that would have been a pretty major exploit. Queue as a dps, get a pop, quickly respec to heals, accept pop. One team gets a healer, the other doesn't.

No. this exploit only worked for team ranked. Any "group" queues for warzones allowed respeccing up to acceptance of match. I don't believe it ever worked for solo queue, and it certainly didn't when I last played solo ranked 2 months ago.

No. this exploit only worked for team ranked. Any "group" queues for warzones allowed respeccing up to acceptance of match. I don't believe it ever worked for solo queue, and it certainly didn't when I last played solo ranked 2 months ago.

Then why would they "fix" it? Does group ranked take into account team composition (as far as known?)? I thought it just tried to match up based on ELO. So why would anyone care if someone in a group switched spec at the last second? :confused:

And so...no class changes. As promised I will never again speak as much as a letter regarding any rumored upcoming nerf/buff changes to any class or spec until they are live.

After been waiting over 2 years now for some dps buff to lightning sorcs, which Eric and SWTOR Creative Director Charles Boyd even said they are lacking behind (

around 3rd minute) and all the hints from PTS, ohh well. Time to put my dps sorc on the shelf. Casted TB 18-22k crits is comparable with instant/uninterruptable 30-35k crits, right.

I hope others got some good news for this patch except the parts we already new like Rishi SH, WZ changes and on.

Edited by vXCozmoz

Um none of the season have ever run back to back. Seasons end and go into review to assess the leader boards and look for cheaters and give out rewards.

And so...no class changes. As promised I will never again speak as much as a letter regarding any rumored upcoming nerf/buff changes to any class or spec until they are live.

After been waiting over 2 years now for some dps buff to lightning sorcs, which Eric and SWTOR Creative Director Charles Boyd even said they are lacking behind (

around 3rd minute) and all the hints from PTS, ohh well. Time to put my dps sorc on the shelf. Casted TB 18-22k crits is comparable with instant/uninterruptable 30-35k crits, right.

I hope others got some good news for this patch except the parts we already new like Rishi SH, WZ changes and on.

Not once did they ever mention any class updates coming for this patch. The only thing even close to class updates was the changes to crit vs shielding. That stuff about Sorcs was all rumors by forum posts and nothing came from the devs about that.

Edited by Ld-Siris

Nothing in the patch notes regarding dysnc :mad::mad:

And I have to say, I’m really disappointed and annoyed that no buffs for Lightning Sorcs are in the patch. I guess that means another twelve months till 6.0 is released or never.

It was one of my hopes it would be done after it was mentioned in a pod cast that Lightning Sorcs needed work. I guess class balance still isn’t something they take seriously enough.

I don’t need know if this patch will now be enough to keep me playing more than another few months. Especially with the continued degrading of pvp quality and increased dysnc.

At some point, the game just becomes too broken to keep playing.

Um none of the season have ever run back to back. Seasons end and go into review to assess the leader boards and look for cheaters and give out rewards.

Not once did they ever mention any class updates coming for this patch. The only thing even close to class updates was the changes to crit vs shielding. That stuff about Sorcs was all rumors by forum posts and nothing came from the devs about that.

While they never officially said “we are going to buff other classes” ie Sorcs, there was a pod cast where they acknowledged Sorcs needed work. The follow up questions suggested they were working on it and I’m sure like myself, others assumed that meant changes for 5.9.2

While they never officially said “we are going to buff other classes” ie Sorcs, there was a pod cast where they acknowledged Sorcs needed work. The follow up questions suggested they were working on it and I’m sure like myself, others assumed that meant changes for 5.9.2

Of course they acknowledge changes. Just like they acknowledge future plans. That said though, they specifically have been mentioning for over a month now (If not for a few months) the plans for 5.9.2 and other plans for future updates. Nowhere ever did they say that there were to be class changes for 5.9.2. In all there livestreams and dev posts and various pod cast people bring up ideas and they will comment on it.

The fix to the problem is to stop assuming and wishful thinking and just listen to what they are saying. This is how rumors get started and false information spreads.

Besides you know what they say when you assume right.

I have a concern with this change “if” the proposed healer changes don’t work properly.

Yavin

Teams now start with 500 points (down from 600).

When players die, they reduce their team’s score by 2 (up from 0).

What’s to stop teams from stacking healer tanks in the queue to force the queue to pop them so it reduces queue times?

If that happens, this map will turn into an even bigger parsing exercise than it already is or the death squad mentality will be even worse as they run in a group to 8v1 people.

Shouldn’t the “when players die, they reduce the teams score by 2” only work “if” a team holds at least one node? IMO, they should have to hold 2 for the reduction to work.

I think we will see these tactics possibly used and it’s already being discussed.

1. You won’t need the nodes, so if you have a strong team or premade, split 4/4 and camp both the enemy respawn exists. You can then win on kills alone as you don’t need to have people guarding, You just need 1 healer and 1 tank each side to hold them up.

2. Cap one node and run in a 7 man gank squad to kill everything in your path. You only need to guard one node (assuming you get enough kills) to win.

3. Cap both nodes and guard with healer tanks and let the rest of your dps run in a gank squad to 4v1 people.

4. Continuation of healer tank cancer at mid where nothing dies all match.

I think this system will make it less attactive to play the objectives (capture nodes) in this map. Which I believe is the opposite to what Bioware are trying to do, which was to make people play the objectives more.

Atleast under the old system, a single good player could pressure an off node to get the other team to panick by running to it and release pressure else where so your team can cap. It didn’t matter if you died doing it because you gave your team a chance to cap.

But under this new system, that tactic will become null and void unless they are a stealth because if you can’t escape and end up dying, it’s detrimental to your team. This could lead to more healer parsing exercises at mid. Which is boring and the matches will be won on who has the best healers and not on who has the best team players.

Honeslty, I thought these changes were supposed to encourage better objective play. All I see will happen is the opposite.

This is the problem with not getting enough testing done on the pts.

I can see this map becoming more hated than it already is by some people and possibly more than Odessen and HB.

I have a concern with this change “if” the proposed healer changes don’t work properly.

What’s to stop teams from stacking healer tanks in the queue to force the queue to pop them so it reduces queue times?

If that happens, this map will turn into an even bigger parsing exercise than it already is or the death squad mentality will be even worse as they run in a group to 8v1 people.

Shouldn’t the “when players die, they reduce the teams score by 2” only work “if” a team holds at least one node? IMO, they should have to hold 2 for the reduction to work.

I think we will see these tactics possibly used and it’s already being discussed.

1. You won’t need the nodes, so if you have a strong team or premade, split 4/4 and camp both the enemy respawn exists. You can then win on kills alone as you don’t need to have people guarding, You just need 1 healer and 1 tank each side to hold them up.

2. Cap one node and run in a 7 man gank squad to kill everything in your path. You only need to guard one node (assuming you get enough kills) to win.

3. Cap both nodes and guard with healer tanks and let the rest of your dps run in a gank squad to 4v1 people.

I think this system will make it less attactive to play the objectives (capture nodes) in this map. Which I believe is the opposite to what Bioware are trying to do, which was to make people play the objectives more.

Atleast under the old system, a single good player could pressure an off node to get the other team to panick by running to it and release pressure else where so your team can cap. It didn’t matter if you died doing it because you gave your team a chance to cap.

But under this new system, that tactic will become null and void unless they are a stealth because if you can’t escape and end up dying, it’s detrimental to your team. This could lead to more healer parsing exercises at mid. Which is boring and the matches will be won on who has the best healers and not on who has the best team players.

Honeslty, I thought these changes were supposed to encourage better objective play. All I see will happen is the opposite.

I can see this map becoming more hated than it already is by some people and possibly more than Odessen and HB.

Eric Musco directly stated in the stream that you cannot win Yavin Warzones with 1 node and kills. 2 Turrets will still win.

Edited by Seterade

There shouldn't be many complains. Dsync is a problem with the game registering where your player is, however at no point will you be "in a place you shouldn't be".

Instead of b*tching and foot stamping on the forums, how about you give this patch a chance before crucifying it? Do BW need to cater to your every whim and satisfy you in every way before they can update this game?

Also, how do you go from 'not sure how long I'll keep playing' to being the most vested player in the game, in the space of 3 posts?

Instead of b*tching and foot stamping on the forums, how about you give this patch a chance before crucifying it? Do BW need to cater to your every whim and satisfy you in every way before they can update this game?

Also, how do you go from 'not sure how long I'll keep playing' to being the most vested player in the game, in the space of 3 posts?

Instead of being snarky, how about having a discussion about the changes, like I was trying to do. NO where did I ask Bioware to cater to anything. I was encouraging a debate and asking questions, not asking for a lecture from you about not posting my thoughts.

If you don’t like my posts, nobody is forcing you to read them. Honeslty, who are you to tell anyone what they can and can’t post. It’s not like I’ve broken the TOS or tried to attack anyone like you’ve done. Looking at your posting history shows you’ve been away from the game for 3 years. So it’s kind of hypocritical to give me a hard time for saying I don’t know how long I’ll keep playing considering I’ve been playing nonstop for 6.5 years. I think I’m entitled to say how I feel about these changes.

Also if you bothered to go look at my posting history in this forum, including the pts, you will see I’m in favour of this patch and think it’s a positive step. It doesn’t mean I dont have concerns about some of it, which lots of us expressed when we were testing. There were things tested and feed back given to the Devs during the testing and some of that are missing or changed in the patch notes, ie Dysnc.

There shouldn't be many complains. Dsync is a problem with the game registering where your player is, however at no point will you be "in a place you shouldn't be".

I agree. It will actually be helpful for players who get stuck in weird places and can’t get out. ie, under the stairs at the Yavin Jungle node from leaping to a player, etc.

I’ve been under there twice now and /stuck didn’t work or kill me. The first time I had to leave a match, the second time I was lucky and someone AOE killed me so I could respawn.

nowhere ever did they say that there were to be class changes for 5.9.2.

On this point you are mistaken.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=950926

Sure, it’s not about Sorcs, but there is a whole thread started by Bioware to do with Tank class changes (even though they aren’t going ahead).

I’m pretty sure Keith mentioned he played a Lighting Sorc in one of the “interview” podcasts conducted by one of the influencer sites about 5.9.2. In that he said Sorcs were over due for some love.

So you can see how someone might equate that to mean they were looking at buffing Sorcs. Add to the fact that I asked multiple times for some confirmation on wether they were or were not doing them, and all we got was silence. There was no denial, even when I asked in the pts section regarding testing it,

Of course you can read that as them not doing it or you can look at it as they are doing it. I went with the second because Bioware have dropped things on us many times and not announced them before. I would even go as far as saying that’s their normal way of doing stuff.

On this point you are mistaken.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=950926

Sure, it’s not about Sorcs, but there is a whole thread started by Bioware to do with Tank class changes (even though they aren’t going ahead).

I’m pretty sure Keith mentioned he played a Lighting Sorc in one of the “interview” podcasts conducted by one of the influencer sites about 5.9.2. In that he said Sorcs were over due for some love.

So you can see how someone might equate that to mean they were looking at buffing Sorcs. Add to the fact that I asked multiple times for some confirmation on wether they were or were not doing them, and all we got was silence. There was no denial, even when I asked in the pts section regarding testing it,

Of course you can read that as them not doing it or you can look at it as they are doing it. I went with the second because Bioware have dropped things on us many times and not announced them before. I would even go as far as saying that’s their normal way of doing stuff.

Of course you cut out the part of my post where I clearly mentioned the tank changes in your quote. But this proves my point. You “hear” what you want to hear and don’t read/listen to the full message. In that thread you linked is about a stat change not class change. The crit vs shield, which was my original post you quoted. Also in that thread they flat out say in the very next post that none of those discussed tank changes will be in 5.9.2 and even go on to say that they “might” be in 5.9.3.

In many of the podcasts and threads over the last several months a lot of changes and things they wanted to change were discussed. That said however they have been clear all along what was going to be included in this patch and what was future stuff they were looking at. From the get go they stated that the focus of this patch was match making changes, Rishi pvp SH, crit vs shield, and general warzone changes.

Like I said before, this is how rumors and misinformation is spread.

Edited by Ld-Siris

Ok, thanks.

One question though, what if neither side owns any nodes and just tries to win on kills, ie my spawn camping scenario?

in theory if no nodes were captured and yavin doesnt get a point lockout like hypergates no pylon no points, "it could work" but the bottom line is if you are getting spawn camped so bad you cant even get a node it wouldnt matter if you did get it, you would stilll lose cause the other team is worlds ahead of 6-7 of your teammates.

This is BW. I would not be the least bit surprised, if they manage to mix up dsync with this auto-kill function :D

I told someone else about what I am about to say now to you, my information/rumor did not come from any forum post, but from some people playing on the PTS who claimed to have spoken to someone close to the dev team. Just I can't remember the name who that was but at of this stage it is irrelevant.

But I will stand on my words and close both my ears and eyes in the future about any class changes before they are officially live with patch notes or some kind or dokument. Like what Trixxie said, one could kinda hope and/or believe some class changes were coming (to dps sorcs) given all the things going around and what has been said in this topic already.

Thanks for the reply and continue to keep it under constructive critisism manner.

Edited by vXCozmoz