How to get to Iokath?

Lhancelot

I want to farm Iokath. How do I get there? My ship map does not have it available.

Someone told me I needed to progress a quest series, and I am guessing I have not done that yet.

What quest series do I need to begin, and how do I pick it up?

On my ship, I did find a quest for Iokath called "Forgotten World" under "Fractured Alliance," is this all I need to do is grab this quest and that will progress me to eventually be able to fly my ship to Iokath?

Or, do I have to do the other series from the ship terminal, called "Fallen Empire", with a sub-quest called "The Hunt?"

I don't care if I miss previous quest story points, I just want access to Iokath so I can farm mats and do my crafting without having to buy GTN over-inflated mat prices.

I am not sure what I accomplished before taking a long break about 1.5-2 years ago, I guess I must not have done the story quests that get you into Iokath.

Can someone give me clear instructions on how to get access to Iokath, please. :D

Just get the Forgotten World quest and you're good to go.

Although you will have spoilers about KotFE & KotET, if you have never done those.

OK thank you!

lol I just wanted a simple answer I sent tells to people asked guild, no one could give the simple direct answer haha.

So, will this open up the planet so I can end up flying to it, or do I have to always do this quest just to be on Iokath?

That Questseries works like Oricon or Ziost, it unlocks the Daily Area and by extension the Planet, once done you can travel there any time you want. Its compareable in length to the two Questchains that I mentioned also.

I've opened up the planet a couple times on insta-70's just for the mats and conquest.

For the dailies you have to finish the questline. For opening up the planet to travel to by ship you can just start the forgotten world questline, you don't have to finish it. You can escape out at any time and then travel to the planet for mats/rampages.

Realize if you start Iokath and you haven't done KOTET or KOTFE that it will make some decisions about those expansions for you. You can go back and do those chapters, but I'm not sure if the decisions you make will have any impact or not.

I've gone through the expansions on several characters, but alts that I play occasionally I bypassed and went to Iokath for conquest, dailies etc. and honestly would rather pull my eyes out with a spoon than take all of my characters through the chapters.

Realize if you start Iokath and you haven't done KOTET or KOTFE that it will make some decisions about those expansions for you. You can go back and do those chapters, but I'm not sure if the decisions you make will have any impact or not.

I've gone through the expansions on several characters, but alts that I play occasionally I bypassed and went to Iokath for conquest, dailies etc. and honestly would rather pull my eyes out with a spoon than take all of my characters through the chapters.

I just wanted to be able to farm for mats, that's all.

I don't really see any highly efficient spots to farm, maybe i just have not come upon them yet. I only see robots to scavenge, and there's only 1 heroic to every 8-12 in the spots I go so it seems really slow farming for polished chanlon and polished plasteel this way.

Is this how I should be going about it, or are there some areas i can access where there are ground nodes to farm? I only see indoor places mostly, it looks very industrial. Is this what Iokath is?

I don't really see any highly efficient spots to farm, maybe i just have not come upon them yet. I only see robots to scavenge, and there's only 1 heroic to every 8-12 in the spots I go so it seems really slow farming for polished chanlon and polished plasteel this way.

Is this how I should be going about it, or are there some areas i can access where there are ground nodes to farm? I only see indoor places mostly, it looks very industrial. Is this what Iokath is?

Mainly just scavenging, but there a few crystals and bio spots but they are outside in small round circles, normally around where the droids are on the outside. Iokath is very industrial and for scavenging you have to kill the droids so I suggest doing the daily/weekly for that as it makes it easier in the long run.

If you need to scavenge it is kill silver and golds.. There are a rare few items around, but it makes sense that it is an industrial planet with not a lot of waste.. So you have to kill for what you need.. Crystals will increase in number in direct proportion to the number of mobs you have to kill to get there it seems. There are quite a few nodes down near the big factory way, but it isn't like finding level 9 nodes on Zakuul. Not even close.

I want to farm Iokath. How do I get there? My ship map does not have it available.Can someone give me clear instructions on how to get access to Iokath, please. :D

Unlike the other daily areas, Iokath does not show up on your galaxy map until you start the quest line. Unlike the other daily areas Iokath does not have a Legacy Quick Travel Ability. Yet, in spite of these restrictions, EAware continues to put Iokath objectives as part of Conquest. Yet more evidence that EAware is no longer thinking straight. Why not give us the option of at least flying to the planet so that we can do rampages and farm mats, (putting it on the galaxy map) like Yavin 4 for instance. Or, barring that, why not give us the option of PAYING for a Legacy Quick Travel Perk for the planet, like all the other daily areas. This would seem to me to be the intelligent choice, meaning that EAware will never implement them.