PSA - 10cc unlock for new A7 droid companion!

Johnycat

For those who may be interested...

Unless I missed reading it somewhere... looks like there is a generous and unadvertised unlock currently in Collections (could be other hidden gems, but just noticed this one this evening).

Droid Companion: A7 Surveillance Drone = only 10 Cartel Coins to unlock account wide!

:eek:

Happy unlocking!

Cheers,

J

Edited by Johnycat

I have so many pets and droids in the email of my toons that now I just delete them.

Not to sound entitled, but I agree. My characters are overlfowing with droids. Droids are coming out my ears.

Now, if they made certain armor sets unlockable for 10cc, I'd be pleasantly surprised. Droids? Not so much.

So effectively it's a 15.6% discount on purchasing and unlocking the companion.

A pretty standard deal if you look at it this way. Seeing the menagerie of companions on my Knights of... chars, I'm still not convinced that I need yet another companion, so I'll pass on this one. Thanks for the heads-up, though.

Edited by Mubrak

I wish I could take advantage of this. It's the only companion I don't have, but I'm not willing to spend 2.1k cc or 35+ million creds for it :(

Shop patiently... someone will list for lower. I bought mine when they first released.. for 12M... when typically new items like this are listed for way over price. I would expect it to price in at about 20M based on average exchange rates between CCs and credits from CM resales on the GTN.

Of course.. prices will probably spike for a bit now that some know the unlock prices is so absurdly low compared to other companions.

Edited by Andryah

Shop patiently... someone will list for lower. I bought mine when they first released.. for 12M... when typically new items like this are listed for way over price. I would expect it to price in at about 20M based on average exchange rates between CCs and credits from CM resales on the GTN.

Of course.. prices will probably spike for a bit now that some know the unlock prices is so absurdly low compared to other companions.

I've been watching it since it released. The GTN price get's higher every time I look :( Unfortunately the new pack structure/direct sale method seems to be keeping the prices high on a lot of the new items. I am hoping the prices will drop when the next batch of shinies releases!

Gah! I just checked SS and they are only 15 million there, but I don't have 15 million on SS :(

I've been watching it since it released. The GTN price get's higher every time I look :( Unfortunately the new pack structure/direct sale method seems to be keeping the prices high on a lot of the new items. I am hoping the prices will drop when the next batch of shinies releases!

Gah! I just checked SS and they are only 15 million there, but I don't have 15 million on SS :(

Check your PMs here at the forum.... I will help you with that. :)

Edited by Andryah

I just looked and there is no a7 at all for 10cc at all so it was a lie if its one thing I dislike is being lied to and I was going to get it. :mad::mad::mad::rak_02::(

I think you misunderstand here.

It is 10cc to unlock it in collections.... NOT to purchase the companion on the CM. Big difference.

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't see your post here. Thank you for my lovely little droid :)

My pleasure. :)

Did you give the little fella a nickname or anything like that yet? I call mine Dyson...because it looks like the kind of companion James Dyson would design for SWTOR. :p

Hopefully you got the 10CC unlock before this happened:

It's 400 CC to unlock it now :(
Edited by Andryah

My pleasure. :)

Did you give the little fella a nickname or anything like that yet? I call mine Dyson...because it looks like the kind of companion James Dyson would design for SWTOR. :p

Hopefully you got the 10CC unlock before this happened:

And here I thought your heart was made of ice. I'm glad you are proving people wrong. :p

And here I thought your heart was made of ice. I'm glad you are proving people wrong. :p

:) heh... well.... my heart is most often a direct reflection of what I observe.

The forum ... broadly speaking.... consists of 3 categories of members for me.

1) There are people on my ignore list here in the forums. They had to go the extra mile to get there too.... as these are people that, for specific reasons, impressed me with their ability to wear their backsides as a hat. I won't help these folks, no matter what.

2) There are some really great folks here on the forum that I can and will go out of my way to help when it is something I can help with. Note: this covers a range of people that I both agree with and disagree with. It''s never about disagreement for me... I am happy to engage in a productive discussion and even hearty debate. Some of my favorite people here on the forum are people I often do not agree with... but they are capable and willing to have an actual constructive discussion even in disagreement.

3) Everyone else.... since I don't know, or interact with, everyone on the forum. But... I have in the past reached out and helped folks in this category as well.. because I am a firm believer in "paying it forward" both in real life and in virtual life.

I also do periodic gear give-aways on the starter planets in game too... to help a clearly new player get going on their journey.

I have long wanted a way to do away with some of my companions. There is a (hard to find) Companion Relocator Terminal. So not a Companion Dislocator Terminal? Could be used as a credit sink also.

Even though I read Dulfy guides over and over I accidentally got Malavai and Koth back have been triggered about it ever it since. I need medication.

Edited by jimmorrisson