Is there any point in doing daily missions?

DarthWoad

What's the point in doing daily missions aside from getting a few extra conquest points? I just spend some time in CZ-198 and did the dailies there, I spend my time fighting and playing the game and in the end I got a disappointing 100k.

I could earn 12x that amount by sitting on the fleet and doing 4 group ranked warzone matches. I could do this each day of the week, and in the end I can make around 15m+ per character per week. I wouldn't even have to put any effort in these warzone matches, and I don't even have to be fully geared. I could be a fresh level 70 and still do these matches.

My opinion might be biased after sitting on 1b+ credits in my bank, but at max level I see no point in doing the daily missions, even as a fresh max level. I feel this content is wasted and is being under appreciated and I feel there should be more drive for people to do them.

How about you add some charged matters to the weekly missions of the daily areas? Then at least people will have some drive to go to those places and do them?

I never thought the daily areas were about the credits as much as the CXP and reputation vendor access. If you do the weeklies as a level 70 it can give you enough CXP to help you level up through the tiers quickly. There are some nice decos and armor to be had from some of the reputation vendors so if one's into that, the one needs the daily areas to earn the rep.

- Unless you need those points for your guild conquest or you need the credits, or to max the rep, there are no compelling reasons to keep doing dailies.

OTOH if you enjoy them, or your log-on time is limited, then they are a fun way of spending 10-25 minutes of your time. - even more rewarding if you catch someone doing them as well and team up to blast through them at double-quick rate.

It's your time and sub, OP, spend it in whatever way you feel happiest.

:)

"It's your time and sub, OP, spend it in whatever way you feel happiest." By Storm-Cutter

Above is always the best advice. I do them but since the server merge not as often as I once did. I think the weekly though is still worth doing for the CXP points if you are level 70. As for credits? well the amount go's up with your level so a level 70 would get more than a level 50.

Edited by StormForceDax

I'm kinda in the same boat here. I've ran the daily's everyday from planet to planet and my fav. FlashPoints over and over. I'm really not so much a "Group Player" all the time (SWTOR fit this very well before) and mostly do my own schedule. Considering the amount of time running the original, longer FPs and a number of Daily's. the value other then "Fun Way to spend Time" is really negligible Lotta time, Little money. Kinda getting away from the way it started.

I never thought the daily areas were about the credits as much as the CXP and reputation vendor access. If you do the weeklies as a level 70 it can give you enough CXP to help you level up through the tiers quickly. There are some nice decos and armor to be had from some of the reputation vendors so if one's into that, the one needs the daily areas to earn the rep.

The only reason I ever do the dailies is for cxp, I will only run when the weekly is available once I have done the weekly they are ignored for a week.

The only reason I ever do the dailies is for cxp, I will only run when the weekly is available once I have done the weekly they are ignored for a week.

Same. And I only run the ones I don't find a hassle at this point. I"m not going to fight with people for the quest goals on Yavin or Oricon anymore so I only do those weekies when they're part of conquest.

It depends on what you like. I am not a pvp person so I don't do those. I do the weeklies on my characters. I wind up with a fair amount of credits, but I also loot items. It is also good for the CXP, but if it is not something you enjoy then don't do it.

I was able to contribute enough to have enough for the Rishi stronghold for the guild. We had someone put in 23m and now we are at 48m and most of that is from my characters (minus the 23m) (since we are a small guild) so I would say you can get a fair amount of credits.

Edited by casirabit

Same. And I only run the ones I don't find a hassle at this point. I"m not going to fight with people for the quest goals on Yavin or Oricon anymore so I only do those weekies when they're part of conquest.

For the most part I only really do CZ-198 as they are very quick and simple. I only play at weekends so when I play I prefer to be story questing then to be running dailies, its the reason after I came back to the game after a short absence I stayed guild free, I felt like I should help with conquests which at the time only had heroics available for my play style so doing that took a large part of game time away from me and I did not want to be a freeloader.

- Unless you need those points for your guild conquest or you need the credits, or to max the rep, there are no compelling reasons to keep doing dailies.

OTOH if you enjoy them, or your log-on time is limited, then they are a fun way of spending 10-25 minutes of your time. - even more rewarding if you catch someone doing them as well and team up to blast through them at double-quick rate.

It's your time and sub, OP, spend it in whatever way you feel happiest.

:)

^^ Pretty well sums up the topic.

I personally do not enjoy them, so I avoid them like the plague. But I have friends and guild mates that love doing them. To each their own, and certainly not something worth complaining about in an MMO.. where player choice is at it's broadest in terms of what to play or not play.

Same here unless they are part of a conquest.

I'm an achievement hunter and reputation maxer, so I spent many, many months on most of them (those 10k kill achievements are a slog). The only daily area I don't have maxed (besides OWPvP achievements) is Iokath. I'm sure I'll get to it eventually but that planet is so boring and expensive to run (needing to use a high amount of Iokath currency just to start many of the missions. This was a ridiculous design choice in my view). I'll keep whittling away at the kills on Iokath but I haven't even completed all the possible missions yet, nor the Reputation.

The other reason I would run them was to get my 8 classes to 300 for the Eternal Commander achievement (I think that was the name...). Running all the dailies on the day that Planetary Missions are up for the CXP bonus, with the max legacy bonus, and a CXP boost, would get me over 50 ranks in a day. I'm not in a guild that just sits around running OPs 24/7 and I'm not a fan of PvP usually, so running the dailies this way solo was the fastest way to max that CXP to 300 relatively quickly. Even when they're not part of the daily bonus I could get around 40 ranks.

Dailies *used* to be the primary credit fountain pre-4.x

Depending on what you're looking for, they still have a decent rate of return on time to credits earned, and many of them still have rep attached for vendor access (but not all).

I could earn 12x that amount by sitting on the fleet and doing 4 group ranked warzone matches. I could do this each day of the week, and in the end I can make around 15m+ per character per week. I wouldn't even have to put any effort in these warzone matches, and I don't even have to be fully geared. I could be a fresh level 70 and still do these matches.

You've answered your own question. I rejoined after a 3 year break, so now I do the content I want to do. Earning credits means nothing to me since there is very little I want to buy.

For those who like PvP (FYI, I do, but not in this game), you make a good point. Lots of people don't like PvP -- at least in SWTOR.

Dasty