This game is not dying

Right now there is people in Korriban 137 and in the rep side starter planet 110, I keep seeing new low level players in everyday on these planets. Yesterday there was an RP group on sith academy entrance, that was a crowded group.

so no, this game is not dying.

and NOW what? Are you going to debate with me how old game engine is? an error in the game's source code? or perhaps all those plenty people are spam bots?

Have a nice day

/////////////////////////////////////////venting complete///////////////////////////////////////////

Edited by ShieldProtection

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[VENT]There are FOUR starter planets. Two are Imperial, TWO are Republicist. There is no "the" rep side starter planet. Or were you forgetting Tython?[/VENT]

Sir, I'm a huge fan of your forum signature, and I'm not even trolling.

Belsavis is basically a meme and I love it.

They're not wrong that there seems to be a doomsayer thread started/bumped on most days that end in y :D.

In all seriousness, IF the game is dying it's dying very slowly. It takes some real commitment to keep a topic going that long, it's impressive really :D To bad we can't recruit them for some positive propaganda ;).

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused

Right now there is people in Korriban 137 and in the rep side starter planet 110, I keep seeing new low level players in everyday on these planets. Yesterday there was an RP group on sith academy entrance, that was a crowded group.

and NOW what? Are you going to debate with me how old game engine is? an error in the game's source code? or perhaps all those plenty people are spam bots?

Have a nice day

/////////////////////////////////////////venting complete///////////////////////////////////////////

Consider the fact that there are only a few servers now, and the fact that these players might not be putting any money into the game...

Consider the fact that there are only a few servers now, and the fact that these players might not be putting any money into the game...

Except for the people who post on the forums, a sub for that.

Except for the people who buy crates, armor, companions, mounts, weapons, species unlocks, etc. off the CM.

Except for the people buying game time on various web outlets.

Yeah. Except for them, you're probably right. Might not be putting any money in the game.

Except for the people who post on the forums, a sub for that.

Except for the people who buy crates, armor, companions, mounts, weapons, species unlocks, etc. off the CM.

Except for the people buying game time on various web outlets.

Yeah. Except for them, you're probably right. Might not be putting any money in the game.

I was talking about the free players on these starter planets and this could be why the numbers are so high on these planets, my guess is the majority are free players who are not putting money into the game (on these starter planets).

You'd have to be silly to assume I was talking about every single player in game.

Edited by DarthWoad

SNIP...

SNIP...

Oh, I very much think that statement is wrong. This game is dying but what it is not, is dead.

You don't kill off the entire west coast and APAC players considering them a very real acceptable loss and move everything to the east coast because things are going well.

TUXs you're implying that the OP saying there's 137 players on Korriban is not enough proof of a healthy game, but you claiming fleet numbers being low is enough proof of the health of the game. :rolleyes: Edited by Drendal

500 servers down to 5 = loss of players = dying.

Pretending death does not exist will not make life eternal. Or game. Dying game is dying.

Hey, that being said it's OK.

No game lives on forever, except that one game.

Enjoy swtor while it is here, and stop worrying about it's impending doom.

TUXs you're implying that the OP saying there's 137 players on Korriban is not enough proof of a healthy game, but you claiming fleet numbers being low is enough proof of the health of the game. :rolleyes:

I would agree with him on this. People who are new to the game obviously go onto starter planets. Maybe those people are trying out the game and seeing how it is. The fleet is the hub of the game, and so it would indicate population levels throughout the whole server.

I would agree with him on this. People who are new to the game obviously go onto starter planets. Maybe those people are trying out the game and seeing how it is. The fleet is the hub of the game, and so it would indicate population levels throughout the whole server.

Not really. There''s more people on Nar Shadaa on imp side SS than there are people on the fleet.

But, Pub side is definitely very thin.

"Game is dooooom!" and "game is awesomesauce!" threads are nearly always too imprecise to make any conversation useful. Of course the game is dying - it's nonsense to argue otherwise. But in some sense, all games are dying. Even healthy games. Just as all people are dying, even healthy ones. Not sure what pointing out that the sun appeared this morning proves, just as what an isolated data point out of context from a single planet proves.:rolleyes:

So the question isn't really whether SWTOR is dying or not - it's unquestionable that it is. The question is whether or not the game is still "healthy": enough players to help others fill their PUGs, keep guilds engaged, fill PvP queues, keep an active in-game economy, still producing new content, keeping bugs fixed, and so on. It's also worth pointing out that "health" isn't static - it can change/fluctuate over time, so long views are really critical here.

Here's what I can say for sure (noted and documented many times over my posting history). Since 5.x conquest changes, this game has seen--objectively:

1. a drop in number of players on the fleet in prime time (as compared to just prior to conquest over multiple data points)
  2. an increase in queue times for PvE and PvP activity (again, compared to just prior), and
  3. a decline in forum participation and diversity (this has been gradual, and shows a less precipitous drop)

That data above is objective. People can dispute the significance of that data all they want to -- that's fair. But the data itself is accurate, as I and others have measured over time. IMO, this data suggests that the game is less healthy than it was a few months ago. It's certainly less healthy than it was a couple of years ago, etc. Others may disagree. But as someone who's been around since launch, and who relies on other players for enjoyment (PvP, GTN, PUG FPs), the game feels less healthy than it did only a little while ago. Perhaps a newer player, without as many reference points will feel differently. Purely solo players, and guilded players will notice this less than others as well. In either case, the facts still remain what they are.

Still, for me, the game hasn't reached the point where I've stopped caring or subbing -- which indicates that the game hasn't fallen below the "healthiness threshold" for me. But I have largely stopped playing - for the reasons above, but suspect that when some new things drop, I'll pick back up where I left...

TUXs you're implying that the OP saying there's 137 players on Korriban is not enough proof of a healthy game, but you claiming fleet numbers being low is enough proof of the health of the game. :rolleyes:

No...I didn't say that. I'm suggesting that there has been no proof offered at all. No server named, no time of the day stated, no day specified...just a blind claim that you seem eager to believe. Fleet is still the only barometer that matters. You can pretend it doesn't matter, but it quite clearly does.

No...I didn't say that. I'm suggesting that there has been no proof offered at all. No server named, no time of the day stated, no day specified...just a blind claim that you seem eager to believe. Fleet is still the only barometer that matters. You can pretend it doesn't matter, but it quite clearly does.

It's ok next time I post something here I will gather some CIA level proof. :eek:

He said "Right now" So I am assuming that means today, and as for the time of day just check the time of the post. ;)

What server? Or should I assume that as well?

Edited by TUXs