DLC Suggestion: New Class - Rogue Droid

Tenacity

Back when the game was relatively new, I had written up a lengthy suggestion about this topic, but obviously it's been years now and lost in the dust. Here's a re-draft of the idea, possibly as a purchased DLC for the game and a way to add more content.

Concept:

This addition/DLC allows you to play the first new class added to SWTOR, and along with it an exclusive race - droids. Selecting the Rogue Droid Class during character creation will limit your race options to droid, with male or female personalities available.

Droid customization differs from traditional species in SW:TOR - body type allows you to select from a multitude of basic chassis, from protocol droid to utility droid or combat droid. This chassis adjusts your general body appearance and size, but has no effect on gameplay.

In addition to the chassis, you are able to select from numerous parts and adornments, head and face details, and the material composition of your chassis (skin color). While droids have no gender, the gender selection option still exists as a representation of your droid's voice archetype and personality.

Intro:

Your character begins as a service droid for either the republic or imperial military, aboard a starship belonging to your faction. During a routine mission, your ship is attacked, and your droid is subjected to severe damage.

Following the attack, you awake to a crashed starship on either ord mantell (republic) or hutta (empire). Your chassis has suffered damage that must first be repaired using parts and tools throughout the ship. Your programming has also been altered by the event, you no longer have a restraining bolt and your personality has emerged. You are independent.

Once repaired, you venture out to the planet, with the ultimate goal of establishing yourself as an individual. Your loyalties still lie with your creators, for the most part, but you work on your own now.

Companions, starship, and story:

Throughout your class story arc, as you follow the same path other classes of your faction do from planet to planet, your overall purpose is to establish your own independent operations as a rogue droid. You partake in bounty hunting, smuggling, and assassination missions for individuals on each planet in order to build yourself a line of credit. You offer your services to the empire or republic in military operations as well.

Ultimately, the story arc focuses on the acquisition of new software, hardware, and technological advancements that improve your abilities. Your driving force throughout the class story arc is to improve yourself, to become the most advanced droid you can be, and to sustain your existence in the face of organics who wish to subjugate and control you.

Light side choices throughout the story arc tend to be oriented towards the use of negotiation and bartering to get what you need and remain free. Dark side choices throughout the story arc tend to focus on killing organics and taking what you need by force.

Throughout the class story arc, you will find other droids of varying types that you may 'free' (or corrupt) to gain as companions. These include utility droids, power droids, construction droids, probe droids, and combat droids. These droids follow you as you work towards establishing yourself and your power base.

Early in the story arc, you acquire a vessel that serves as your personal starship. This vessel takes design queues from the IG-2000, an aggressor assault fighter used by IG-88: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/1/17/IG88A-XWM.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150309031509

Relation to the IP:

Just as every other playable class in SW:TOR takes it's design base from significant sources in the movies or extended universe of star wars, so too does the rogue droid. This class is based on the likes of R2-D2, HK-47, and IG-88 - droids with strong personalities and a sense of individuality that differentiate them from the typical servant-like droids controlled by organics.

Class proficiencies and Abilities:

The droid class comes in two specializations (advanced classes): Combat droid, and Utility droid.

The combat droid is capable of using blaster rifles, sniper rifles, or assault cannons. This wide array of weaponry gives the player more freedom in their choice of style for their character - which weapon you use has no impact on the power of your abilities.

Combat droid abilities include a variety of weapon based attacks, such as high power shots and suppressive fire, as well as supporting abilities that utilize technology: Missile/rocket launchers, thermal detonators, explosive charges, jump jets, shield generators, and stealth field generators.

The combat droid's disciplines are as follows:

Defensive Subroutines: This discipline focuses on the TANK role, and includes improvements to threat generation, damage reduction, mobility, and shielding.

Assault Subroutines: This discipline focuses on the DAMAGE role, and includes improvements to overall damage, with a focus on weapon-based attacks.

Prototype Subroutines: This discipline focuses on the DAMAGE role, and includes improvements to overall damage, with a focus on damage over time and the use of non-weapon based attacks such as explosives, launchers, and devices.

The Utility droid specialization turns you into a support role for you rallies. This specialization is capable of using blaster pistols and blaster rifles. Utility droids focus less on weapon combat (though they do have several weapon attacks to fall back on), and more on the use of advanced technology and tactics.

The utility droid's disciplines are as follows:

Medical Subroutines: This discipline focuses on the HEALING role, and includes the use of numerous medical probes, kolto injections, and bacta emitters to keep your allies alive.

Slicing Subroutines: This discipline focuses on the DAMAGE role, and includes improvements to overall damage, with a focus on high-tech attacks such as shock probes and ion blasts.

Demolition Subroutines: This discipline focuses on the DAMAGE role, and includes improvements to overall damage, with a focus on damage over time and the use of explosive and flame-based attacks.

Edited by Tenacity

My Pyrotech Bounty Hunter is a Cyborg. In my head, my Bounty hunter Borg, is mostly machine. With nano-bot tech to transform her mostly Cybernetic body to A Variety of other borg like appearances as well as full droid appearances. So her enemies will truly never know which form is her real form. Kinda the Ultimate disguise. Also very nice just to walk up to your bounty in a droid form and either execute them or arrest them b4 they knew what has happened. :D

I have a long back story for her and her crew but thats for my own amusements, i guess........

I would be on board for this new class.....

Take care and Be Well....

Edited by Sith-Viscera

My Pyrotech Bounty Hunter is a Cyborg. In my head, my Bounty hunter Borg, is mostly machine. With nano-bot tech to transform her mostly Cybernetic body to A Variety of other borg like appearances as well as full droid appearances. So her enemies will truly never know which form is her real form. Kinda the Ultimate disguise. Also very nice just to walk up to your bounty in a droid form and either execute them or arrest them b4 they knew what has happened. :D

I have a long back story for her and her crew but thats for my own amusements, i guess........

I would be on board for this new class.....

Take care and Be Well....

I wish I could afford the pieces of armor necessary to make a full on droid look. I know it's possible, I've seen it done and seen the armor pieces used, but some of them are waaaaay out of my price range on the GTN.

I've been wanting to make a commando/vanguard droid for a while - a republic military droid. Would be fun with M1-4X as a companion.

I wish I could afford the pieces of armor necessary to make a full on droid look. I know it's possible, I've seen it done and seen the armor pieces used, but some of them are waaaaay out of my price range on the GTN.

I've been wanting to make a commando/vanguard droid for a while - a republic military droid. Would be fun with M1-4X as a companion.

Yup it can be done i have 2 full droid looks and other variations. Yes it has cost me millions of credits over the years and about as long in time going on 7 years, not quiet 7, more like, 6 and a half years to collect all of the gear to capture that look all my Cyborg personas have.

If you have a imp on Satale Shane server ( i dont think i spelled that right) Look up Viscero Borg and i'll show ya 12 different variations of her. Plus her allies half of them are cyborgs or full droids.

I wish there were cyber limbs and chassis like Arcanes. and the More transparent so you can see the wires and mechanisms. Love to see a Head that you see a mechanical skull thru transparent flesh like with glowing eyes or something cool like that.

Well see ya on the flip side perhaps.

take Care and Be well.......

that or make it a new species ... it might get weird around kotfe/et ... but it'll be no worse than it already is.

The idea sounds very interesting, but ^^this.

How would this rogue droid become The Outlander? At the very latest the last KotET chapter would be impossible.

The idea sounds very interesting, but ^^this.

How would this rogue droid become The Outlander? At the very latest the last KotET chapter would be impossible.

(Here is How)

Ever since this Outlander was a boy/girl, he/she had always possessed a wizard like power for building mechanical things. The utmost sophisticated Tech, one could dream up. He/she can hear a tick in a engine and pin point the issue and fix it before most professional can turn the engine on. Thats by the time he/she was a teen. As a teen he/she designed and built the utmost unique Communication network the galaxy would ever see. That could reach out to the edge of the outer rim in the dead space. A decade and a few years later would go by and he/she would build a Droid like no other, so he/she thought, at that time. His/Her Droid would be able to do any thing any common droid can do and 100s of 1000s more things a common droid could never do. Oh and by the way, it learns as it goes on through The Outlanders life. Nope, No Programming here. It would be the Ultimate Companion for this Outlander. Over the years The Outlander has become quite a loner, all accept his/her Ultimate Companion Battle Droid or, UC - BD for short. A Self Contained Droid that would never need a recharge. Do to the solar absorber re-generator chassis. It will never need Normal maintenance. It has a AI system (as far as the Outlander Knows) like NO OTHER In the Galaxy.

Once Uc-Bd was fully complete and functional. The Outlander began building a new star Ship with Uc-Bd's help of course. a Couple of more years went by. The Ship is done and the Outlander is broke. The Credits he made from his communication network is down to a couple 1000 credits, enough for the new ships first tank of fuel. Few months later The Outlander had turned to smuggling and thievery to make a living. Soon his name would get a round. He/she had made quite the reputation for his/her self & that Unforgiving Droid of his/hers.

They made so much noise, it caught the attention of the Dark Council. More impotently, the attention of one Darth Marr. Darth Marr contacts the Outlander via Holo and makes him a proposition The Smuggler couldnt refuse. Or the Credits is what he/she couldnt refuse.... But what was the real reason Marr wanted the Smuggling Outlander for? Marr heard that The Outlanders ship can not be traced or tracked or shows up on any radar. A Perfect Stealth Ship. It could enter Forbidden territories and no one would be the wiser until seen with their own eyes. But the Stealth Tech is so advance and off the charts, fat chance of that ever happening. It is virtually invisible.

Marr wanted the Outlander to smuggle him through the Unknown Regions of the Wild Space. There Marr thinks, is where the Sith-Emperor may be. The outlander agreed as soon as he/she heard how many crates of credits he/she be receiving. Uc-Bd let it be known he/she (voice) doesn't like this idea.

After Coming out of Hyper jump into Wild Space, Marr sense a great powerful Influence in this realm of space.

He asks the Outlander;

Marr: How much time do you need to jump to lightspeed if we need to in a hurry?

Outlander: I don't need any time. Just how long it takes me to pull that green switch there. *points at control panel next to the pilot seat*

Marr: Impressive, Most Impressive.

Out of Know where the Eternal Fleet show up out of know where on all sides of the Outlanders Stealth ship.

Marr: What the hell is this, I thought we could be seen?

Outlander: We cant or we shouldnt be able to be seen. Uc talk to the ship see whats happened?

Uc-Bd: Yes sir.

Uc_Bd: Every Thing is Functioning as it suppose to be, Sir. There is nothing malfunctioning. I can not explain this. I'm Sorry Sir.

Outlander: It's ok, Uc.

Marr: I should of known, it's my fault. The Emperor is here in this region and he can sense me through the force. and he zeroed in on us because of me.

Outlander: The Force? what is, The Force?

Marr: ask me later if we are still alive.

Uc-Bd: Sir, i can enlighten you on the force.

Outlander & Marr: Not NOW!!! * They both shout LOUDLY*

Uc-Bd: *Twitches with fright & frustration* * Then gives an evil gaze at them both *

Marr: The fleet can only surround us but they cant see us, i take it?

Outlander: Yes but, They dont dare shoot at us, do to, they don't know where to blast at and they may hit the other ships in the fleet.

Uc-Bd: Excuse me sir, Why is those sets of ships in the fleet glowing like that?

Marr: Because The Emperor Sense MY Location, and he is controlling the fleet through the force and he is about to destroy us. If this thing can jump to light speed, do it NOW!

Outlander: Buckle up we are going to get the hell out of here. * Marr & Uc-Bd does just that, and light speed they jump.*

Just to come out right in front of another huge set of ships, the Eternal Fleet awaits them but now they all sit out side of the atmosphere of Zakuul. Now all 3 stare at the spectacle that is, the Spire.

Marr: The Emperor is in there.

Outlander: You Sure, You Sure its that Sith Emperor?

Marr: No, Not a 100%. But the Darkness i feel is, So Familiar. No, i am not sure just yet...

Uc-Bd: Sir a transporter is approaching our ship.

Outlander: Well i've been wanting to test out my ships, state of the art Weapon system.

Marr: No!!! We will let them aboard.

Outlander & Uc-Bd: WE WILL? *They say at the same time and with a surprised and dumbfounded look on their faces.*

Marr: Yes we will, Just don't say a word, either of you, and let me do the talking.

2 days later Marr and The Outlander was waking up from the drugged induced coma like state. Then Greeted By Arcane. Soon they both was standing in front of the Eternal Emperor of Zakuul.

Marr: Now i fully sense you. You are the Sith Emperor, Aren't you?

Emperor: I am Valkorian. But i have had Many Names over the millennias.

Valkorian: You are an interesting Human. *looking at The Outlander*

Outlander: Why you say that?

Valkorian: Because, I sense the force in you like no other.

Outlander: * A puzzling look over comes the face of the Outlander * Again With this DAMN FORCE talk. What the Hell is this Force?

Valkorian: Just say you'll kneel to me and i'll teach you.

Marr: *Screams* He'll NEVER KNEEL to The Likes of YOU!

Valkorian: Will you kneel for me, Marr?

Marr: *Angry and enraged Voice, and violent aggression* *Screams* NEVER, NEVER Will i Kneel to You, Valkorian!

Marr breaks his shackles, and reaches out his hand and force grabs a saber staff and swivels around and begins executing the Eternal guards, one by one. While the Outlander uses his abilities over mechanisms and frees him self from his bracers. He turns around in time to see Valkorian Electrocute Marr to death with lightning from his hands.

The Outlander reacts with out thinking and grabs a guards shield and Staff and began running towards Valkorian Like a Jouster on a tauntaun.

Valkorian: * he lifts his hands and force suspends him in air * Enough! *he says with a slight roar in his tone of voice*

Arcane, out of know where he throws his saber, and in an blink of an eye, watching it pass threw the mid of the back of the Outlander, and he then follows it up with a huge, Force Push that throws the Outlander clear off the spire walk way and over the side that. That surly would be his death.

Valkorian: *ROARING SCREAM* NOOOOoooooo!, What did you Do? *He runs to the edge to see maybe he could force grab him. But no, he was to far away and falling faster and faster, he was totally out of sight. The Emperor just stood there looking down.

Valkorian: *still looking down* He had untapped Force powers like you, Arcane & your Brother, and your sister at one time.

Arcane: How can that be, Father?

Valkorian: Are you that foolish? Are you that Damn Ignorant? What, you think the 3 of you are the only little slithers that came from me? *He Laughs* HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I cant remember all my projects but he was one i truly forgot about and he was DIfferent like no others. And now i will never know cause of you, You DAMNED DAMNED FOOL!!!!

Arcane: Step towards his father and force grabs a staff and pushes it into the back of his father and out the chest it burns threw.

Valkorian: *turns around gazes into his sons betraying eyes.* He would of been Better, then you ever could of. * Valkorian falls to his knees, then his side and there he dies.

Vaylin comes running in and see her brother knelt down by their fathers corps.

Vaylin: *Evil & anger expression in her voice & on her face* WHAT HAPPENED? FATHERRRR !!!

Arcane: I got here to see Marr, i guess with his dying breath, grab a staff saber and threw it into the back of Father after he pushed that Outlander off the spire walk way. Then i looked back at Marr, His body smoking from Fathers electrocution, I guess. Then he, Collapsed dead.

When the Outlander Was Pierced with the staff he was barley alive but with in the first minute into his fall down to Zakuul, He died. Uc-Bd had a built in vitals reader on his Master and as soon as his heart stopped. Uc-Bd Turned on and broke free from the droid impound. They thought a restraining bolt would keep him down. He is after all no ordinary droid. Also at the moment of his masters death. When the heart monitor stop it started a series of Protocols with in his main frame, that will eventually give Uc-Bd Utterly and Totally Free Will, as if he was a Human Being or any other Humanoid. And Now what was the Ultimate Companion Battle Droid. Is Now, The Ultimate Battle Rogue Droid. Or UB-RD.

And Now he can pursue, Revenge & Adventure & the Pursuit of Life & Liberty. The Story of the ROGUE DROID Begins.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys i wrote this with no sleep or coffee i was out of coffee. So this is by know means what is going to happen or any thing it was the posters premise and i just ran with a story like scenario. I change some things with in The KOTFE just because how thing unfolded and to fit a new story line for a new class. I hope you get where i was going with this and to try to give an Picture how this COULD WORK. Thats if Bioware wants to and wants to put the time nad money into it. But this Should be a DLC like story, and this new class & story, should only be started with KOTFE. This shouldnt even be considered for General Story not at all.

Ok guys i hope you can get what i was trying to do and hope this helps those see that this could be done and how cool it could be.

P.S. Ub-Rd becomes the outlander when Arcane and Vaylin Pursue Rd, mainly for the tech of the ship and Rd. Which in return now gives Rd the chance to seek revenge for his Master..........

Edited by Sith-Viscera