What happened to marauders ?

DavidAtkinson

I seem to be lonely as a marauder in warzones as they are 1 or 2 in a team while groups are full of juggs, sins, and mercs....

One or two months ago there were a lot of them running around. Are the FOTM fanboys so sensitive that after a minor tweak to a dcd they jump ships to the enraged defense - heal to full club ?

I seem to be lonely as a marauder in warzones as they are 1 or 2 in a team while groups are full of juggs, sins, and mercs....

One or two months ago there were a lot of them running around. Are the FOTM fanboys so sensitive that after a minor tweak to a dcd they jump ships to the enraged defense - heal to full club ?

Yep, sadly I keep leaving classes before any tweaks are announced so as to not play FOTM and then my next class ends up as FOTM.

It’s a bad omen for Juggs cause that’s what I’m on at the moment.

Dont know what you're doing wrong but there is usually at least 3 or more when i play during normal hours. If its 3 to 8 or 9 am not so much of any side really but the last time i played b4 quitting last not the match had at least 3 maras.

Yep, sadly I keep leaving classes before any tweaks are announced so as to not play FOTM and then my next class ends up as FOTM.

It’s a bad omen for Juggs cause that’s what I’m on at the moment.

A concentration sent is still better than a focus gusrdian at everything except maybe 1v1. For gusrdians in general, the FD rescale was nice but the issue with focus exists as it has since 5.0. FD is not an answer to this, as it is actually less effective under focus, especially heavy focus by multiple enemies.

On topic though, I am a guardian main and always will be, wherever the class stands with respect to others. I play all 3 guardian specs, mainly tank. I would argue that the class is relatively popular as it's basically the stereotypical jedi single lightsaber wielding class (that actually uses said lightsaber).

Most Maruder FOTM re-roller has swapped to something else (read merc/sin skank). When I rolled my marauder about 4 moths ago I could get 5-6 in a match. Now 2-3 if I am lucky. Good for ppl to hone their skill for this pure dps class I say. :)

Most Maruder FOTM re-roller has swapped to something else (read merc/sin skank). When I rolled my marauder about 4 moths ago I could get 5-6 in a match. Now 2-3 if I am lucky. Good for ppl to hone their skill for this pure dps class I say. :)

Been a Marauder for 2.5 years and gonna stay marauder till the end.. .

I just found it hilarious that the FOTM squad quit Fury and Mara in general after one minor nerf to bloody slashes and Obfuscate. Sadly the class is indeed weaker now, but still potent...

At least now we have a better picture of who is skilled. ;)

Edited by DavidAtkinson

A concentration sent is still better than a focus gusrdian at everything except maybe 1v1. For gusrdians in general, the FD rescale was nice but the issue with focus exists as it has since 5.0. FD is not an answer to this, as it is actually less effective under focus, especially heavy focus by multiple enemies.

On topic though, I am a guardian main and always will be, wherever the class stands with respect to others. I play all 3 guardian specs, mainly tank. I would argue that the class is relatively popular as it's basically the stereotypical jedi single lightsaber wielding class (that actually uses said lightsaber).

1+ Agreed

Ive always played a Rage Jugg.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Been a Marauder for 2.5 years and gonna stay marauder till the end.. .

I just found it hilarious that the FOTM squad quit Fury and Mara in general after one minor nerf to bloody slashes and Obfuscate. Sadly the class is indeed weaker now, but still potent...

At least now we have a better picture of who is skilled. ;)

Fury Mara’s are still doing well. I may even go back to mine if it’s lost it’s FOTM status. It’s much harder hunting those Snipers on a Rage Jugg than Hunting them on a Fury Mara

Edited by TrixxieTriss

A concentration sent is still better than a focus gusrdian at everything except maybe 1v1.

Considering that Fury is a hybrid (quasi) spec and Rage is a burst spec that is the way it should be. Carnage and rage should now be putting up similar numbers as carnage is now the burst spec.

Considering that Fury is a hybrid (quasi) spec and Rage is a burst spec that is the way it should be. Carnage and rage should now be putting up similar numbers as carnage is now the burst spec.

no, because jugg is a sub tank class. in theory it should put out a lower pecentage of dps than a class who can only be a dps and bring no "support" stat to the table.....

that being said, the only thing rage is good for is for hardswaps... and its not tha great at that. vengance pulls 8.5k dps single target, no stim, rage does too... veng brings far more dmg reduction, stun immunity and utility (endless root ravage) than rage does. kids, dont play rage mkay?

seriously.... they both hit the same SINGLE target dps. single.... not dot spread.

P.S. no. an anni mara is next to useless in current pvp of swtor, meanwhile (rage is not) veng is asked for and welcomed in granked and performs averagly in solos and excels in regs.

Players want their favorite class to be indestructible, and went not they yield for a nerf to other classes. My favorite class is Merc and we took a Hard tone down in dps. am I gonna stop playing the class or yield for a nerf to other classes..obsoletely not!

no, because jugg is a sub tank class. in theory it should put out a lower pecentage of dps than a class who can only be a dps and bring no "support" stat to the table.....

that being said, the only thing rage is good for is for hardswaps... and its not tha great at that. vengance pulls 8.5k dps single target, no stim, rage does too... veng brings far more dmg reduction, stun immunity and utility (endless root ravage) than rage does. kids, dont play rage mkay?

seriously.... they both hit the same SINGLE target dps. single.... not dot spread.

P.S. no. an anni mara is next to useless in current pvp of swtor, meanwhile (rage is not) veng is asked for and welcomed in granked and performs averagly in solos and excels in regs.

Anni was my favorite when 5.0 hit and it was very deadly if played well.. Now the only place it's viable is in tryhard team ranked premades with AOE PT skank tanks and engi snipers. I have zero clue why they had to kill that spec so hard, same with carnage. I was basically forced to fury alone while I was playing all 3 before depending on my mood.

Like I said before, 2 years ago all 3 Marauder specs were very viable for PVP and you could pick them according to your playstyle, and I suspect that a class with 3 viable specs for PVP was too OP for the Devs.

Now we have a still decent Fury with the other 2 specs totally out of the spot lights unless you played anni or carnage since you were born.

Anyway.. another day of PVP for me ended with the same conclusion. The apparent nerf to Fury scared away the FOTM club back to mercs Ven Juggs and Operatives as these are the most dominant in numbers. No idea what's the situation in ranked tho. ;)

PS: Marauder was considered one of the most balanced classes in 5.0 and suddenly it was labeled fotm by the angry "let's nerf everything we can't counter" activists. And for good reason. The only nerfs players wanted was to Snipers and Mercs survivability, but the devs thought that DPS sins are too OP and nerfed the hell out of them, which led to Fury and Marauders being too over the top vs sins, which again.. resulted in nerfs for marauders also.

Do the devs know what they are doing ?

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Anyway.. another day of PVP for me ended with the same conclusion. The apparent nerf to Fury scared away the FOTM club back to mercs Ven Juggs and Operatives as these are the most dominant in numbers. No idea what's the situation in ranked tho. ;)

Idk about opers, I'm not even going to pretend i understand where they stand pvp wise.

Vigi guardians i will speak for. The FD scaling does not make the class anywhere near the OP defensives of mercs. Dps guardians are the least mobile melee class by design, that is why we even have FD in the first place. Maras, and particularly fury maras, are infinitely more mobile than a vigi guardian. Mercs have mobility AND range. A mercs self heal also directly works as an antifocus. A mercs reflect also reflects more damage types than the "direct single target force, ranged, or tech" of a guardians reflect. Ours has a shorter CD but is far less effective as an antifocus (though reflecting a sniper for 20k is very amusing).

I personally havent seen maras leaving in mass amounts, but if they have been jumping to vigi, they are sacrificing superior burst and single target damage for a dot spread and self heal.

Anni was my favorite when 5.0 hit and it was very deadly if played well.. Now the only place it's viable is in tryhard team ranked premades with AOE PT skank tanks and engi snipers. I have zero clue why they had to kill that spec so hard, same with carnage. I was basically forced to fury alone while I was playing all 3 before depending on my mood.

Like I said before, 2 years ago all 3 Marauder specs were very viable for PVP and you could pick them according to your playstyle, and I suspect that a class with 3 viable specs for PVP was too OP for the Devs.

Now we have a still decent Fury with the other 2 specs totally out of the spot lights unless you played anni or carnage since you were born.

PS: Marauder was considered one of the most balanced classes in 5.0 and suddenly it was labeled fotm by the angry "let's nerf everything we can't counter" activists. And for good reason. The only nerfs players wanted was to Snipers and Mercs survivability, but the devs thought that DPS sins are too OP and nerfed the hell out of them, which led to Fury and Marauders being too over the top vs sins, which again.. resulted in nerfs for marauders also.

Do the devs know what they are doing ?

the reason mara specs stopped being as good, wasnt because they got super nerfed in 5.0 but because outside of obsculate dcd they didnt really gain too much in 5.0, as opposed to sniper/merc and sins.

PT was in the same boat in this context, only difference, it legit gained nothing useful for pvp, but more importantly took heavy class nerfs the expansion before. a lot of the imbalances with pvp in 5.0 was that the pvp changes for certian advanced classes were vastly superior to others. if you buff something, but dont buff something else, inevitably it will underperform... particulary in a dcd race like pvp

Juggs are no longer an immobile class. if you choose to play dps (I do, skanking gives me more hives than irl skanking) you need the utilitys (I dont remember their name so I will describe in dept effect) :

skillful: every attack lowers cd on force leap,

masterful: rage/focus gen cd purges movement impair (this will purge the 70% slow on enet, it will not allow you to leap or maddash however)

optional alt to 10% dps inc from slow: no movement impair for 4 sec after leaping ( a lot of people disagree with this, I perfer it. it offers higher mobility on jugg which I believe on an average class is more effective the a 10% dps boost to 1 move if... if you get slowed/rooted. it also combines very well with veng no stun leap)

heroic: ED and FD gain immunity to movement impair and increase speed 50% for dur (this will not stopp knbs, nor will it purge initatal roots on activation, but is still the best choice)

finally legenary: root purge and lowered cooldown for mad dash.

using these utilitys as a veng jugg, you will be very mobile, remember to use root ravage to open a gap and reuse force leap (for that sweet sweet veng/vigi leap)

Edited by Seterade

Idk about opers, I'm not even going to pretend i understand where they stand pvp wise.

Vigi guardians i will speak for. The FD scaling does not make the class anywhere near the OP defensives of mercs. Dps guardians are the least mobile melee class by design, that is why we even have FD in the first place. Maras, and particularly fury maras, are infinitely more mobile than a vigi guardian. Mercs have mobility AND range. A mercs self heal also directly works as an antifocus. A mercs reflect also reflects more damage types than the "direct single target force, ranged, or tech" of a guardians reflect. Ours has a shorter CD but is far less effective as an antifocus (though reflecting a sniper for 20k is very amusing).

I personally havent seen maras leaving in mass amounts, but if they have been jumping to vigi, they are sacrificing superior burst and single target damage for a dot spread and self heal.

Maybe I am biased on this, but I consider self heals in PVP a huge advantage over a class that has none. Smart play can always win you the trophy 1v1 on your Jugg vs a Mara. Before they buffed ED, it was worthless as you could DPS through it, but now I often see them healed to full which means you easily win. Superior burst isn't enough if you can't keep yourself alive.

In 4 man ranked Jugg is still garbage as it can do nothing under focus after he burns his defenses. They go down first.. but are slightly more difficult to take out now.

Let's wee what 6.0 brings us. I have my... bets as to which will be the next fotms.

jugg tanks

mercs dps

sorc hls/op hls

jugg dps

mara dps

reasons: jugg tanks thanks to ED/FD are the only overperformers currently with tanks. offer good aoe/stuns and burst for hrdswap/cleave. merc dps never lost any of their cds and as long as they retain all 3 they will remain fotm (my stance to this day is move trauma regulaters to pt and fix two birds with one stone) burst hls/aoe hls when you can only have 1 hlr will remain on top... merc is just kinda.... meh, veng/vigil class great spread, 2 hard stuns, aoe cc, mobility, and h2f cd, finally maras will still be fotm because they are still performing great (fury mostly) but far more imporatnly, no class changes as of yet have been posted... so 3 mara pred spam ftw

trixxie seems to think sorc dps is getting something. sorc dps has been getting "something"s all 5.0.. they are still bad.

Edited by Seterade

Maybe I am biased on this, but I consider self heals in PVP a huge advantage over a class that has none. Smart play can always win you the trophy 1v1 on your Jugg vs a Mara. Before they buffed ED, it was worthless as you could DPS through it, but now I often see them healed to full which means you easily win. Superior burst isn't enough if you can't keep yourself alive.

In 4 man ranked Jugg is still garbage as it can do nothing under focus after he burns his defenses. They go down first.. but are slightly more difficult to take out now.

Let's wee what 6.0 brings us. I have my... bets as to which will be the next fotms.

i did say, "excepting a 1v1 situation" which is practically irrelevant as far as anything outside of node guarding. ED scaling helps.... it is NOT an anti focus tool.

I can't speak for others and yes probably there is some rerolling but may it not also be that a lot of marauders are maxed out by now? I.e. full 248/240?

For me at least once I have a char maxed out I tend to play them a lot less especially in regs.