Best pvp on the pts

TrixxieTriss

I had the best pvp in a long time on the pts today. The quality was so much better than it is on the live servers.

I actually got to play with a lot of you guys and it was good to be able to see how I stacked up.

Actually playing good players was refreshing and allowed me to see some areas I need to improve on, plus knock some of the rust off.

It’s a shame we aren’t all on one server and have 8 man ranked.

Actually there was a lot of good evening regs matches if we back in times. Not like now S-key backpedlaers clikerinno elite warllords-all stars all seasons DPS squads and halers-tanks matches.

RWZ was something like elitist clubs salty kids raging on each other, q-dodge, exploits(aka macro-grab key on huttball) and other drama every weekend.

Edited by helpmewin

Actually there was a lot of good evening regs matches if we back in times. Not like now S-key backpedlaers clikerinno elite warllords-all stars all seasons DPS squads.

RWZ was something like elitist clubs salty kids raging on each other, q-dodge, exploits(aka macro-grab key on huttball) and other dramas every weekend.

I assume you mean ranked? Yeah we had a few around back then. But my idea for ranked 8s would be to make the queue work exaclty the same as the reg queue so you can be solo, semi premade or 4 man premade.

Basically just a better quality 8 man queue for more advanced players to be away from casual newbies.

Its a dead horse. In a game where u waiting pops 5-15 mins instead of insta(TOFN had insta reg pops almost 24/7 and insta yolo pops since midday 7/7) to do elite mini club? :rolleyes:

If the pts is anything to gauge, then yes, it should happen. You can’t get instant pops 24/7 7/7 a week on any server. At least not on SS or SF.

I’ve been tracking it for over a month and prime time is down 30% on both server from 2 months ago and outside of prime time it’s a ghost town a lot of the week.

I would rather play 3 hours a day with an elite mini club than play 6 hours with noobs.

The other few times I've played on the PTS I also found it to be more fun, and to end up with more competitive matches. Also the atmosphere just seems better; more social. I like to think it's because people (mostly) leave their ego and need to show top numbers at the door. We are there to test things after all, not to (primarily) stomp the other side into the ground.

Maybe it's that. Maybe it because the only people that bother with all the hassle to get to the PTS to begin with are those who actually care about our PvP games (yes, even regs! :eek:). Or maybe it's just rose colored glasses?

The other few times I've played on the PTS I also found it to be more fun, and to end up with more competitive matches. Also the atmosphere just seems better; more social. I like to think it's because people (mostly) leave their ego and need to show top numbers at the door. We are there to test things after all, not to (primarily) stomp the other side into the ground.

Maybe it's that. Maybe it because the only people that bother with all the hassle to get to the PTS to begin with are those who actually care about our PvP games (yes, even regs! :eek:). Or maybe it's just rose colored glasses?

Hi again! lol

Good matches indeed, and was really impressed with the balance of the matches.

Yeah, I think the atmosphere is more relaxed and people actually want to play the map objectives using strategy and tactics. There is also more team work and it’s less selfish.

I went back to the live servers after the pops died on the pts and it was terrible. People raging, egos, not playing to win. etc. I stayed on for a few matches and got off because it just wasn’t fun.

Hi again! lol

Good matches indeed, and was really impressed with the balance of the matches.

I didn’t have one match that was over dominated by one team. All were pretty balanced. Except when the queue got small and it swapped to arena. Then we had a premade against us the whole time. Which kind of messes up testing the balance and match making. Especially when you get to those numbers in the queue, then the premades on the pts aren’t helpful in testing.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I didn’t have one match that was over dominated by one team. All were pretty balanced. Except when the queue got small and it swapped to arena. Then we had a premade against us the whole time. Which kind of messes up testing the balance and match making. Especially when you get to those numbers in the queue, then the premades on the pts aren’t helpful in testing.

I saw a few games where either our team or theirs took the match by far, but most except a couple had healers on each side. In my opinion it is nice to see that arenas pop more frequently now that cross faction is a thing. When the population is low or when there isn't enough for 2 warzones, it's nice to get into a match of some sort and play quickly.

I saw a few games where either our team or theirs took the match by far, but most except a couple had healers on each side. In my opinion it is nice to see that arenas pop more frequently now that cross faction is a thing. When the population is low or when there isn't enough for 2 warzones, it's nice to get into a match of some sort and play quickly.

Yeah, waiting for matches is a pain, so having the crossfaction and it reverting to arena helps. Although I’m not sure whether they’ve fully implemented it on the pts yet because I waited a a really long time and then it popped 8 man. I would have expected an arena to pop before that if the queue was so low.

It would be good to know what the queue numbers need to be before it switches to low pop arena mode.

Yeah, waiting for matches is a pain, so having the crossfaction and it reverting to arena helps. Although I’m not sure whether they’ve fully implemented it on the pts yet because I waited a a really long time and then it popped 8 man. I would have expected an arena to pop before that if the queue was so low.

It would be good to know what the queue numbers need to be before it switches to low pop arena mode.

They will never tell us business logic so don't expect that.

I waited a little bit a couple times, but otherwise it was usually pretty steady.

They will never tell us business logic so don't expect that.

I waited a little bit a couple times, but otherwise it was usually pretty steady.

I got the tail end of the session and played till it stopped popping. I’m pretty sure I had a few matches with you too ;)

I can’t stress enough how much I now hate pvp on the live servers.

7 matches in a row with 5-7 healers in them. I think one was a 4 man premade healer team. I took screen shots to edit and hopefully upload.

Then I had matches of people giving up and sitting at the node.

The worst I saw were 4 healers in HB standing in the green sludge healing themselves all match.

This game is becoming more of a joke every day. I think I’ve seen it all and then I’m sadly surprised by something even worse.

Don’t get me started on the weird activation lag that sins and operative cause around me on the live servers or the 2 hackers the last 2 days.

None of this is happening on the pts. We should petition Bioware to keep it open permanently with only one Rishi SH for us all to hang in and the ability to queue pvp. ;) dedicated pvpers don’t need more :p

If the noobs aren’t going to try, let them have the current servers.

I’ve seen hardly any dysnc on the pts or bad lag or activation lag. Let’s hope they are actually fixes that will go live. :rolleyes:

The worst I saw were 4 healers in HB standing in the green sludge healing themselves all match.

I didn't even know that was possible... although I wondered once, and actually ON the PTS. In the one Quesh HB I played there, I tried a knockback of an operative healer into the acid and I thought I saw him heal through it. But I figured... "no way, that must have just been some weird thing that happened or there was another healer I didn't notice".