take mats out of group ranked

Going

could they be taken out of solo ranked though? I enjoy more players playing, but I don't enjoy players not wanting to learn or play the way solos are intended. Just here for the mats, -runs in and dies- is what sucks

I joined a number of TR mat farming groups over the last few months. - Okay so we're not nearly as skilled as TR diehards, but not once did we stand there just to get killed, we tried real hard and even won a fair few matches. - As soon as 4 random people get into a rhythm, they can actually be quite effective.

Let the mats stay. ITt introduces people into Ranked, and the farmers can farm mats or matches. - The elite players will rise to the top - compete for those oh-so-desirable rewards and mix with the cheats to their hearts content. - The rest of us are having fun, and not worrying about a rating system that can so easily be manipulated.

could they be taken out of solo ranked though? I enjoy more players playing, but I don't enjoy players not wanting to learn or play the way solos are intended. Just here for the mats, -runs in and dies- is what sucks

That's what vote kick is here for.

heres a crazy thought what if mats could only be earned by a win?

I've been advocating this - rewards ties to wins -

OR

Rewards given to winning team and only top x number of losers. ( to weed out AFK-ers and also-rans.)

But it never got much traction.

Only downside is people using good groups to carry them- but In TR there is not much room for people to be carried. - Tho' in regs you can still win a 7v8 but it would be disheartening to anyone backfilling to gain no reward whatsoever coz of someone else's rage-quit.

I expect Bioware have been busy making oodles of content for 6-odd years and never got any time to comment or make this change.

People tend to take the path of least resistance. - It's human nature. - if you don't believe me, check out how amyn people park as close as they can to the entrance to the supermarket. :)

TR for mats was supposed to inject some life into Ranked. - OFC getting a few 1000s of more people playing was too difficult for a studio with a 'print-money' licence, but a shoe-sting budget.

Group ranked shouldn't be a place for people to farm mats. Bring mats to weekly's for regs maybe.

Mats are the only reason group ranked pops....you take away the mats, then good luck sitting in queue for hours

Group ranked shouldn't be a place for people to farm mats. Bring mats to weekly's for regs maybe.

I completely fail to see the argument. If you play group ranked and are serious about it you will have a fix team, use voice chat aso. So the only concern you could possibly have is that mat farmers give you free elo.

If you are actually good and only want competitive matches even in the current state - provided there is another good team in queue you should not have many matches against farmers.

I think removing mats from group ranked would just kill it.

For solo ranked I can see a valid argument to remove it. But for group ranked? D you have any real argument?

Cheating isn’t just about ELO. “Cheating the system” by going in and losing as fast as you can to get the mats and requeue is still cheating .

I think this is extremely rare. I played quite a bit of group ranked - always in pugs - and I never ever saw this even once.

All pugs I have been in at least tried to win.

Group ranked popped before. Only difference was it was for the sole purpose of beating the other team and obtaining rating. Not to farm mats.
the difference in how active it was pre mats and post mats is absolutely enormous

a good, tangible reward just for playing the mode is the only thing that is going to reliably get any non trivial number of players who aren't already on the handful of best 4s teams to keep playing

If anything there should be more incentive q and if you want to get rid of mats you better think of one hell of a replacement reward. Something like tying the ability to purchase various ranked rewards to getting placements in (on top of purchase cost) could help but def wouldn't be as impactful as mats. Even if placements done on a single char provided an account wide unlock I could see it getting some more coordinated teams to q. Edited by LeglessChair

Most of you have really good arguments, and I can agree with the majority. I have seen the light. :rak_04:

Tbh I really hate the situation with mats and gear in general, but at least there is some upside to it. I get your point about some people not even bothering to put a proper comp together or even trying to win but I see them as a catalyst for getting other people to q. Someone needs to be at the bottom of the barrel anyways.

Edited by LeglessChair

I think this is extremely rare. I played quite a bit of group ranked - always in pugs - and I never ever saw this even once.

All pugs I have been in at least tried to win.

Depends on the server, faction and time. Just because you don’t see it when you play, doesn’t means it’s extremely rare. When they first added mats to ranked, this was happening a lot.

heres a crazy thought what if mats could only be earned by a win?

I was thinking the same thing as i read through this thread. I'm not a ranked player but i do feel losses should not be rewarded in PVP regs or ranked. No CXP awarded, no dailies or weeklies, nothing.

I was thinking the same thing as i read through this thread. I'm not a ranked player but i do feel losses should not be rewarded in PVP regs or ranked. No CXP awarded, no dailies or weeklies, nothing.

That would be the worst thing they could possibly do for pvp participation.

People would rage quit even faster and onmass as soon as someone ran the wrong way.

Less people would queue. We’d have less people to play with.

I agree people shouldn’t get participation rewards “the same as winners”. But they should get something, especially CXP and UCs because gearing system is already ridiculous.

I do agree that ranked rewards for things like mats should only be for winners.

We had this already in the past that PvP dailies/weeklies would only progress with wins. It was removed because it would often be very hard or even close to impossible for the weaker faction on a few servers to finish their quests. Especially for those not playing in tryhard premades.

Rep side DM doesn't deserve to be able to complete the weekly within an appropriate time frame? If you honestly think that this is a good idea and will improve the PvP experience all I can suggest is to get a brain so you can start thinking instead of *feeling*.

Funny how the top pvpers dont complain. TR became their main farming activity. I dont think it was ever so easy for them.

Most of them are sitting on their brains and don't realize that the main reason they are so high rated is because there are lots of mat farmer semi-tryhard groups in que.