take mats out of group ranked

Going

And it'll never pop again

It pops fine for people that want to actually try to be competitive. Group Ranked is supposed to be the hardest content in the game so of course it's not popping as much as regs and shouldn't.

Mat farmers just give the mediocre kids high rating for no reason, then everyone stops Queueing when they get against a real team.

You only get farmers if your rating sucks. If you are even over 1500 you wouldnt get farmers that much. On DM anyway. Vast majority of my games are competitive. Before mats we had to organize to get just 4 teams to que.

But maybe people got to like the format and even without mats it would pop, who knows.

It pops fine for people that want to actually try to be competitive. Group Ranked is supposed to be the hardest content in the game so of course it's not popping as much as regs and shouldn't.

Mat farmers just give the mediocre kids high rating for no reason, then everyone stops Queueing when they get against a real team.

Then the mediocre kids will find a way to get their ratings, like they already do in SR.

That solves nothing. BW starting to act on people using shenanigans will be way more effective.

I would suggest taking matts out of solos, at least in group ranked if you queue up to simply farm mats it only hurts the people you group with.

Matt farmers also provide opponents for newer/less experienced players to play vs; when mats were introduced to grouped ranked SF/SS had a lot of group ranked activity and this encouraged newer groups to queue up.

Once the mat farmers stopped queuing and these newer groups were forced to constantly play vs the more experienced groups group ranked activity died down again on the NA servers but on DM were people still form mat farming groups on a daily basis these newer/less experienced/"mid-tier" groups still queue fairly regularly.

TLDR: Mat farming in group ranked is not a bad thing, if anything mats should be removed from solo ranked.

I would suggest taking matts out of solos, at least in group ranked if you queue up to simply farm mats it only hurts the people you group with.

Matt farmers also provide opponents for newer/less experienced players to play vs; when mats were introduced to grouped ranked SF/SS had a lot of group ranked activity and this encouraged newer groups to queue up.

Once the mat farmers stopped queuing and these newer groups were forced to constantly play vs the more experienced groups group ranked activity died down again on the NA servers but on DM were people still form mat farming groups on a daily basis these newer/less experienced/"mid-tier" groups still queue fairly regularly.

TLDR: Mat farming in group ranked is not a bad thing, if anything mats should be removed from solo ranked.

REALLY so I can't get a ranked match as it is a now you want to take away the only incentive for doing the rank matches I do get when I have manage to actually find peeps who are actually doing it! How about Bioware balances the effin classes so there's no reason to choose one class over others!

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

Mat farming is a bad thing in group ranked because it provides a cover for people to farm rating as well.

Also it makes no sense to have it in a mode where the intention is for high level pvp, not for people to form groups and just run in and die for mats, and in turn learn nothing relating to know how of ranked scenarios.

Solo ranked should be disabled for these mats as well because it brings in people who are not there to play competitively, and just want to get their mats. That is the opposite of what ranked play is intended for. It ruins the already tough experience for the ones who want to play how it's intended.

I don't mind not having mats in Solo Ranked. It'll stop the farmers from queuing, but the mats I get in teams to craft augs is my only source of credit income; This also goes for a lot of us who only pvp. If your rating isn't low you won't get the mat farmers much anyways so I don't see the problem. Out of the dozens of 4s I do every time I'm on, I maybe get mat farmers 1 or 2 of those games so it's really not a big deal.

REALLY so I can't get a ranked match as it is a now you want to take away the only incentive for doing the rank matches I do get when I have manage to actually find peeps who are actually doing it! How about Bioware balances the effin classes so there's no reason to choose one class over others!

Um, don't know when u r trying to Q Kazz. On Star Forge (the server u r on) Solos pops steadily from like 7 pm to 12 am.

Mat farming is a bad thing in group ranked because it provides a cover for people to farm rating as well.

Also it makes no sense to have it in a mode where the intention is for high level pvp, not for people to form groups and just run in and die for mats, and in turn learn nothing relating to know how of ranked scenarios.

Solo ranked should be disabled for these mats as well because it brings in people who are not there to play competitively, and just want to get their mats. That is the opposite of what ranked play is intended for. It ruins the already tough experience for the ones who want to play how it's intended.

Once you get past ~1500 you only encounter mat farmers if there is no one else in queue, mat farmers provide an incentive for lower rated players to play because they will always have someone that they can "beat."

I have no desire to play vs mat teams but after seeing how many people actually played 4s when mat farmers where in queue I can't see it as being a negative thing.

Once you get past ~1500 you only encounter mat farmers if there is no one else in queue, mat farmers provide an incentive for lower rated players to play because they will always have someone that they can "beat."

I have no desire to play vs mat teams but after seeing how many people actually played 4s when mat farmers where in queue I can't see it as being a negative thing.

group ranked is for the highest level of competitive play. group ranked is not for any type of farming unless it's a bad team actually trying to play granked and learn.

If u take out mats farmers u will face with another problem - no POPs. Then if there is nobody to farm(mats farmers group) for casual PvP players - they quit too and so on. There is problem for swtor PvP - no 1 wants competetive gameplay here in arenas at least - its dead horse. And if there is nothing to do for competeive players in games like swtor. U can't beat WoW on his field, WoW have much better arenas.

All whats was here is objective based WZ - RWZ, not like WoW RBG AOE cleave DPS META on the middle, untill healers mana will ends.

Edited by helpmewin

Group ranked shouldn't be a place for people to farm mats. Bring mats to weekly's for regs maybe.

In real, it is a bad idea. If you remove mats from tr it WILL DIE COMPLETELY. Currently thx to mat farmers people can get basic skill and fights for rating. A pity but swtor needs such rude methods of incentivize because games population is lower than ever

In real, it is a bad idea. If you remove mats from tr it WILL DIE COMPLETELY. Currently thx to mat farmers people can get basic skill and fights for rating. A pity but swtor needs such rude methods of incentivize because games population is lower than ever

But look at the quality and the cheating going on because of it. Wouldn’t you rather better quality?

But look at the quality and the cheating going on because of it. Wouldn’t you rather better quality?

What cheating is going on because of mats ?

Quality is good, I mean if you are over 1500 you will hardly ever get a mat farm team ... even if you do it only take 5 mins or so

mats should stay in - the issues it creates are worth their while because it has obviously made group ranked more active both at the top and the bottom this season

it will go back to being like season 7 (nobody plays) if mats are removed and nothing can be worse than that

Edited by yellow_

What cheating is going on because of mats ?

Quality is good, I mean if you are over 1500 you will hardly ever get a mat farm team ... even if you do it only take 5 mins or so

Cheating isn’t just about ELO. “Cheating the system” by going in and losing as fast as you can to get the mats and requeue is still cheating .

Everyone know's the players that farm their elo off matt farmers.

Exactly ^^

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I think we are well past the point of those mats needing to be rare so crafters can profit. Just like they did with VMCs, let’s push CMTs out to everywhere. No need to remove them from ranked but make them also rewards from doing daily and weekly rewards across all/most platforms and drops on bosses etc.