Yep. It's 'Independence Day' week yet again for 2018 & No Fireworks Bundle Sale on CM

JepFareborn

Have they ever done fireworks for July 4th? They don't seem to do much for holidays in game unless they can make an in universe version of it (Life Day). And outside the US, nobody cares.

Yes they have sold the Fireworks Bundle the first and second years of Cartel Market's inception then they have not done it since. :mad:

Seeing how there is a decent player base where July 4th either means absolutely nothing to them or a reminder that they lost 13 colonies I don't really see a reason to cater to the US. I understand it's based here but at the same time I don't think just because we have our own special holiday that the game should be required to do anything to celebrate it. They didn't do anything for Canada Day and BioWare is a Canadian company.

Now to celebrate Summer in general I could see them offering something but I doubt they have plans for it since we're already a week into it.

Independence day in my country was February 1st and I didn't come here to complain that there were no fireworks on CM on that week :rolleyes: but I guess the American Independence day is something the whole world should celebrate, right?

Independence day in my country was February 1st and I didn't come here to complain that there were no fireworks on CM on that week :rolleyes: but I guess the American Independence day is something the whole world should celebrate, right?

Yeah, where were my Australia Day fireworks on the 26th January :D

Damn right!! :rolleyes:

We are the center of the universe after all!

For shame (Canadian) EA!!

/s

Though it would have been lovely to see the pitchforks out in force if they had wasted any dev time on something so useless in these content starved times.

What is Bioware afraid of? Making money?

Because many don't care? Lol why they don't sale fireworks during independency day of Zimbabwe? Poland? Or any other country?

Edited by omaan

I want to see fireworks return to the CM. I'd buy them!

I wish they'd sell them twice a year. Once around 4th of July and in December during the Life Day season.

I even made a post in the Suggestion Box sub forum a long time ago.

I don't understand why they won't put them on sale. For me, it's kind of a "shut up and take my money" situation.

Edited by SolarSaenz

I agree with many of you that this game isn't just an American game, but it is made in America and the two US servers are pretty big in comparison as far as catering to that market goes. I doubt they'll do anything. Even double double would be cool though.

Happy Independence day! :D

For a few credits, I'll follow you around and pop off my flare gun every time it resets...throw in a few CC and I'll make *BOOMING* sounds and douse you in sparkle powder every now and then :D

I honestly have no idea what exactly the American Independence Day is about, but I'm all for more fireworks in this game.

The real Independence Day is on 6th December by the way.

For a few credits, I'll follow you around and pop off my flare gun every time it resets...throw in a few CC and I'll make *BOOMING* sounds and douse you in sparkle powder every now and then :D

Which server?

Edited by JattaGin

I figure its like the World Series of Baseball pretty much one country and its called World Series.

Now look at the World Cup pretty much the world vies for that one.

And here's something refreshing - No commercial breaks while the players are on the pitch.

I honestly have no idea what exactly the American Independence Day is about?

It's a long standing US holiday in celebration of sending the British home with a black eye, no boots, and their imperial tails between their legs to get $#%&* slapped by their monarch. :) Of course for most Americans.. it's simply a day off from work and an excuse to get drunk, over eat, and perhaps blow a couple fingers off playing with fireworks while drunk.

Thing is.. most nations have an independence day of one form or another.. and it is pretty much along the same line -----> a celebration of independence from some old world oppressive government. And along this theme... fireworks in SWTOR would be reserved for some specific similar celebration of the defeat of a tyrant (see the original episode 6).

As for the topic.... fireworks is by no means THE item of 4th of July celebration... it is just a popular tradition and fireworks mimic the explosions taking place during a siege of some city or fortress. It's eye candy for two dimensional thinkers.

Edited by Andryah