Recruited Companions’ Faces Are Stuck

MortemXFive

All companions recruited through Alliance alert missions, including returning companions for a specific class, no longer blink nor do their lips move when clicked on after being summoned. They address you when you click on them, but their faces remain completely still. Is anyone else experiencing this? It just started for me after the last update, as far as I can recall. Class companions returned through the holoprojector in the Alliance base are unaffected at the moment. Edited by MortemXFive

All companions recruited through Alliance alert missions, including returning companions for a specific class, no longer blink nor do their lips move when clicked on after being summoned. They address you when you click on them, but their faces remain completely still. Is anyone else experiencing this? It just started for me after the last update, as far as I can recall. Class companions returned through the holoprojector in the Alliance base are unaffected at the moment.

It's an old bug that had been going on since they started returning in KOTFE. That's just one of functions they lost; also no more influence from conversations and no more ambient commentary on planets.

It's an old bug that had been going on since they started returning in KOTFE. That's just one of functions they lost; also no more influence from conversations and no more ambient commentary on planets.

While it might not be reasonable for the story-returned companions to say the same things they said before(1), it is a pity they don't say new things instead.

(1) What exactly should Aric Jorgan say when you, after finishing KotFE Chapter XI, when you and he go back to Coruscant and enter the Senate Tower? Is it reasonable to expect that he still comments about it being hard to believe that you and he are going to be reporting for duty there in the future?

And what exactly should he say to a Jedi Knight in the same circumstances? Or a Sith on Dromund Kaas?

In fact, I suspect that the last part is why the story-returned companions are not the same. Of course, that doesn't explain the silence of Ashara, Andronikos, Risha, and Corso, since they are only story-returnable by their original classes.

While it might not be reasonable for the story-returned companions to say the same things they said before(1), it is a pity they don't say new things instead.

(1) What exactly should Aric Jorgan say when you, after finishing KotFE Chapter XI, when you and he go back to Coruscant and enter the Senate Tower? Is it reasonable to expect that he still comments about it being hard to believe that you and he are going to be reporting for duty there in the future?

And what exactly should he say to a Jedi Knight in the same circumstances? Or a Sith on Dromund Kaas?

In fact, I suspect that the last part is why the story-returned companions are not the same. Of course, that doesn't explain the silence of Ashara, Andronikos, Risha, and Corso, since they are only story-returnable by their original classes.

Fair enough. Still, the loss of approval system for their original class and not moving mouths can't have an in-game reasoning. They bothered enough to change Quinn's "my lord" references when accepting gifts to something more generic for all but Warrior and Inquisitor, they could also leave some functionality for their original classes in.

I can't think of a reason why they can't have reactions when going to Oricon and doing the story there. Or Makeb. Or Ilum. (Those can still be done after starting KOTFE/ET).

New lines and comments would be nice :::dreaming dreaming dreaming::: :rolleyes:

Fair enough. Still, the loss of approval system for their original class and not moving mouths can't have an in-game reasoning. They bothered enough to change Quinn's "my lord" references when accepting gifts to something more generic for all but Warrior and Inquisitor, they could also leave some functionality for their original classes in.

I can't think of a reason why they can't have reactions when going to Oricon and doing the story there. Or Makeb. Or Ilum. (Those can still be done after starting KOTFE/ET).

New lines and comments would be nice :::dreaming dreaming dreaming::: :rolleyes:

I'm with you on the static mouth thing, although the approval items (e.g. Warrior running BT with Vette) seem ... dubious ... as a thing to keep. Why does post-XIII Vette care about what you do in the Black Talon FP?

I'm with you on the static mouth thing, although the approval items (e.g. Warrior running BT with Vette) seem ... dubious ... as a thing to keep. Why does post-XIII Vette care about what you do in the Black Talon FP?

Why would post-Corellia Vette care? Or post-Ziost?

If we can run Oricon with a post-KOTFE comp, why can't we know what they're thinking?

One thing is we lose a useful mechanic to raise their influence beside gifts. Another that we learn something about them and their thinking, especially important since we don't have any personal convos with them any more after Corellia.

Edited by Lammia