Could we see a preview of the Rishi stronghold?

Lunafox

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Have been stockpiling decos for a while now and would love to see if some of my ideas will be possible.

Also a small update on the timeline would be nice. I think it was mentioned that it will be tested on PTS first, so I fear the release will be August, not July.

Edited by Mongorr

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess a full unlock will be 13 millions.

Seems rather low...you don't think there's going to be some new currency to unlock it? There was with the train...I assume they'll make it something you need to earn to unlock...probably via some FP on Rishi.

Also a small update on the timeline would be nice. I think it was mentioned that it will be tested on PTS first, so I fear the release will be August, not July.

The July update is for the matchmaking fixes. I also thought I read somewhere that it was also the return of Jaesa and Kira.

They said the rishi stronghold was to be much later and they were going to put it on the PTS first.

Edited by Ld-Siris

Probably about right.

One thing we do know from their prior comments.. there will be no "gate" other than credits and/or CCs to unlock it. There was initial concern it would be behind a PvP play wall.. but they quickly shot that concern down.

Seems rather low...you don't think there's going to be some new currency to unlock it? There was with the train...I assume they'll make it something you need to earn to unlock...probably via some FP on Rishi.

Easy answer - Nope! This is your stronghold and you'll purchase it on the fleet just like all the other strongholds.

No PvP prereq so it doesn't sound like any currency prereq either but they have been known to leave out those details before. :rolleyes: I guessed 13 mill because that's what Manaan was, but he did say it's a large SH so maybe it'll be more along the lines of Tattooine. That was around 20 millions IIRC.

Edited by kodrac

Was thinking a bit higher since they said this one was the largest stronghold yet. Sort of like Yavin. That one was expensive and it was large. According to dulfy Yavin cost 13 m and Tattoine cost 9.5m

Edited by casirabit

You can always talk about how the game is dying, like 80% of the other posts. Or maybe talk about how the number of people on Rishi is "declining" [/sarcasm}

Oh, I know, but I like to be original. And all the good whine topics have been taken. ;)

The July update is for the matchmaking fixes. I also thought I read somewhere that it was also the return of Jaesa and Kira.

They said the rishi stronghold was to be much later and they were going to put it on the PTS first.

Not that I doubt you or anything, but where did you see that they'd put it on the PTS first? I've been digging a bit and found nothing that indicates any kind of timeline, or test plans. I'd be interested in reading anything you've found.

Not that I doubt you or anything, but where did you see that they'd put it on the PTS first? I've been digging a bit and found nothing that indicates any kind of timeline, or test plans. I'd be interested in reading anything you've found.

I would too, since I haven't heard or seen anything of that nature.

Although given the voluntary PvP aspect of the SH they are so proud of, it makes sense that they would need to PTS it to ensure that the PvP part works as they want.

It was said during an interview with eric and a dev with some streamer. I watched the interview. I think even swtorista or someone even posted the hand yped of the interview on the forums here. There was also a second interview here. You can read what was said but they also linked the videos. BTW you said you could find anything? both these came up instantly when just a quick search of the forums.

Edited by Ld-Siris

It was said during an interview with eric and a dev with some streamer. I watched the interview. I think even swtorista or someone even posted the hand yped of the interview on the forums here. There was also a second interview here. You can read what was said but they also linked the videos. BTW you said you could find anything? both these came up instantly when just a quick search of the forums.

I reread those posts. The first one mentions the stronghold, but says nothing about it being put on the PTS or when to expect it. The second one has absolutely nothing to do with the stronghold. Did you link the wrong posts?

I also reread the summer roadmap. It lists the stronghold as “Summer” along with the rest of the pvp stuff. No mention of it being put on the PTS. Story content is listed as “Past September”.

There was a mention of a PTS to test some of the changes on the stream. While strongholds may not be mention specifically it might be added to the PTS due to the fact it has some pvp elements in this one, since you can pvp in it so testing it is not that far out of line. Of course things can change so until we here from Keith or Eric regarding this, we don't know for sure.

There was a mention of a PTS to test some of the changes on the stream. While strongholds may not be mention specifically it might be added to the PTS due to the fact it has some pvp elements in this one, since you can pvp in it so testing it is not that far out of line. Of course things can change so until we here from Keith or Eric regarding this, we don't know for sure.

^^ I agree.

Despite the usual ambiguities that arise among players (mostly fear or skeptic based) about virtually anything and everything the studio reveals (and the studio is not the best a clear and concise messaging without leaving ambiguities).... I think in this case.. we likely will see the Stronghold on PTS (regardless of what people currently perceive.

It would be prudent to get some public player feedback about the PvP component of the stronghold before it goes live. Which has the side benefit of providing all players an early glimpse of the Stronghold.

Of course.. they could very well not put it up for player feedback on PTS. And.. even if they do.. some feedback may not be embraced.. or may not represents a change the studio feels is needed before initial release (regardless of what players opinions may be on the matter).

Edited by Andryah

Okay, those are the ones I've seen. They do mention the PTS but don't specifically link the SH to it. I was hoping you'd found something else that specifically stated that. It would be prudent for them to try it on the PTS so I can certainly see that being a possibility. As much as I want Rishi I would wait for it if it meant they took the time to test things and get it right for the people who want to use it for PvP and for those who, like myself, just want to set up a home on Rishi. Time will tell, I guess.

• Dev Post
Hi :)

Like the title says, could we have a peek at it? It'd give us something to talk about, forums are a bit slow these days.

A floor plan, a little video? Anything?

Please and thanks. :)

You betcha! In the next week or so we will be doing a live stream where we will show off the Stronghold. Also, it is our intention that 5.9.2 will be on PTS where you will be able to see it, play around in it, and help us test!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

You betcha! In the next week or so we will be doing a live stream where we will show off the Stronghold. Also, it is our intention that 5.9.2 will be on PTS where you will be able to see it, play around in it, and help us test!

-eric

Great news! I'd like to check that out. How does one get on Test center?

• Dev Post
Great news! I'd like to check that out. How does one get on Test center?

The only thing you will need to access PTS is that you have to be a subscriber. Then you just go download it. There will be detailed instructions and more info once we get to opening it up.

-eric