Few game suggestions.

sypolts

I have been playing this game off and on since it first came out and have a few suggestions for the game that would make people happy.

1. Add a function that allows guilds on both sides to communicate with each other as long as the leader of both guilds are the same account.

2. Increase the allowance for preferred status players credit cap 350k is not enough to do anything make the cap 1m or more.

3. add a feature that allows people to purchase gametime to be a subscriber using cartel coins.

4. create an app that allows you to login to your account when away from a computer to send out companions on crafting missions.

5. make a single player version of uprisings and ops so that people that have lower tiered gear wont get kicked out of ops groups.

i have more suggestions that i will type up later.

1. Add a function that allows guilds on both sides to communicate with each other as long as the leader of both guilds are the same account.

Discord?

2. Increase the allowance for preferred status players credit cap 350k is not enough to do anything make the cap 1m or more.

Wrong. 350K is plenty to play the game.

For reference: I played as preferred status for two years. I touched 350K credits exactly NEVER during that time. In fact, I didn't even get as high as 250K, much less 350K. For sure, you can't buy those fancy things in the GTN, but not one of those things is necessary to enjoy the gameplay and the stories.

During those two years, I levelled up a character to 55 (I paid actual money for RotHC that unlocked levels 51-55) and trained her Armstech and other crew skills to 450. In fact, training those skills to 450 was a big part of why I never had more than 250K credits. Well, that and training my combat abilities, back when that cost credits at the class trainers.

So no, it's in no way even remotely necessary.

3. add a feature that allows people to purchase gametime to be a subscriber using cartel coins.

Providing a way for people to get subscription time without paying money is not good. If you have cartel coins, either you're overpaying for your subscription OR you're managing to gather coins in some non-monetary way. At the very least, accumulating CCs from referral links should be impossible if your active subscription time is from a CCsub token. (The objective here is to make it impossible to continue being a subscriber *just* by having lots of referral coin income.)

4. create an app that allows you to login to your account when away from a computer to send out companions on crafting missions.

That would fairly violently disturb the game economy and e.g. the crafting parts of Conquest. Can you imagine the recriminations? "Hey Juniorguildie! Why aren't you crafting as much as the rest of us? Don't you have the crafting-app on your phone?" "I don't have a compatible phone." "/gkick Juniorguildie"

5. make a single player version of uprisings and ops so that people that have lower tiered gear wont get kicked out of ops groups.

Solo ops are a recurring request, but "recurring" doesn't make it a *good* request. If you're getting kicked out of PuG Story Mode Ops for "bad gear", that's an indication that the people kicking you are ... um ... let's just say that they lack understanding of how "bolster" affects SM Ops, and you are therefore better off without them. Find a good guild that can help you with Ops. (Note: I don't mean "hard-core progression raiding". Just a good friendly guild that wants to help its new members get better at playing.)

Discord?

Wrong. 350K is plenty to play the game.

For reference: I played as preferred status for two years. I touched 350K credits exactly NEVER during that time. In fact, I didn't even get as high as 250K, much less 350K. For sure, you can't buy those fancy things in the GTN, but not one of those things is necessary to enjoy the gameplay and the stories.

During those two years, I levelled up a character to 55 (I paid actual money for RotHC that unlocked levels 51-55) and trained her Armstech and other crew skills to 450. In fact, training those skills to 450 was a big part of why I never had more than 250K credits. Well, that and training my combat abilities, back when that cost credits at the class trainers.

So no, it's in no way even remotely necessary.

Providing a way for people to get subscription time without paying money is not good. If you have cartel coins, either you're overpaying for your subscription OR you're managing to gather coins in some non-monetary way. At the very least, accumulating CCs from referral links should be impossible if your active subscription time is from a CCsub token. (The objective here is to make it impossible to continue being a subscriber *just* by having lots of referral coin income.)

That would fairly violently disturb the game economy and e.g. the crafting parts of Conquest. Can you imagine the recriminations? "Hey Juniorguildie! Why aren't you crafting as much as the rest of us? Don't you have the crafting-app on your phone?" "I don't have a compatible phone." "/gkick Juniorguildie"

Solo ops are a recurring request, but "recurring" doesn't make it a *good* request. If you're getting kicked out of PuG Story Mode Ops for "bad gear", that's an indication that the people kicking you are ... um ... let's just say that they lack understanding of how "bolster" affects SM Ops, and you are therefore better off without them. Find a good guild that can help you with Ops. (Note: I don't mean "hard-core progression raiding". Just a good friendly guild that wants to help its new members get better at playing.)

350k is not enough and i can easily make $350k just doing heroics on 1 character and also if your using credits to purchase stuff from the GTN most people over price stuff.

Cartel Coins for sub time alot of games did it in the past and actually florished after doing it..

as for the OPs and Uprisings its true but the thing is alot of people just hang around and do nothing and when groups are called for sometimes its impossible to get groups.

crafting App the thing is about it it would not hurt the game economy and would be optional just like the security key is.

crafting App the thing is about it it would not hurt the game economy and would be optional just like the security key is.

I am going to have to agree with the above poster with regard to the crafting app. While it would be optional there are guilds that take their conquests seriously and if a person doesn't use an app for the crafting, they could be kicked from the guild just for that reason and then the forums will be full of people talking about this issue. So no I don't think this is a good idea because of the reasons stated above. Yes there are some good guilds that will not make a big deal about it but those that take conquest seriously will make a big deal about this to their guild members.

350k is not enough and i can easily make $350k just doing heroics on 1 character and also if your using credits to purchase stuff from the GTN most people over price stuff.

I never once mentioned the GTN. 350K most certainly *is* enough. I did it for two years that way without ever even reaching 350K. Never. Not even once. The closest I got was still over 100K short.

The key point is that everything that the in-game merchants sell for credits is either priced below 350K for non-subs, or there's another vendor that sells something functionally equivalent. Most stuff on the GTN, especially if it has the Cartel Market symbol on it, is cosmetic frippery and therefore of no special benefit for gameplay purposes.

Cartel Coins for sub time alot of games did it in the past and actually florished after doing it.

Yes, and those games don't have trivially simple ways of getting cash shop currency without paying real-world money(1). SWTOR does(2). The token would absolutely have to be NOT purchasable for Cartel Coins, since it's easy to get enough CCs for free each month to pay a subscription fee. (OR the token would have to not allow the user to receive CC grants from Referrals, and preferably not the "standard" grants either.)

In SWTOR, the economics of the token are completely infeasible. There is no way that players would be willing to sell sub tokens for a small enough price that non-subs could actually afford them on the 350K credit limit. The normal pricing of such tokens is such that if a month's "normal" subscription is, say $15, the token costs $20. There are plenty of things that can be acquired for $20 of CCs that will sell on the GTN for way far more than 350K credits.

(1) Example: ArcheAge. You can buy a subscription token for two units of a special currency called, if memory serves, PEX. This token allows you to buy a month's "Patron" status. The player-to-player price in-game for two PEX is achievable with less than a month's gold farming. PEX, on the other hand, can only be bought for actual real-world money, and the only thing you can buy with them is the subscription token. (In effect, PEX are a way for me to use my real money to acquire gold that you farm for me.)

(2) The Refer A Friend system allows a subscriber to get free Cartel Coins each month as long as the "friends" are subscribed. At one point, I ignored my CC balance for a few months, and I was able to buy three 5400 CC hypercrates with the free CCs I had accumulated, and still have a couple of thousand left over.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

5. make a single player version of Ursprings and ops so that people that have lower tiered gear wont get kicked out of ops groups.

The only OP I want to have on my own is Oricon, and that's just to end the story. I would also be satisfied with an alternative solution. Otherwise, no. OPs have been made especially for a group with many people.

For Story Ops, you do not need good gear, as long as you have something in each slot you will be automatically padded.

The same applies to FP and Urspring. From master mode you should but first keep your fingers until you have better gear. :)

strongly yes !

Edited by Syal

I'd like to point on (don't know if not already mentioned anywhere else) that you developers should add the possibility to play the class story again, like you did with the last expansion (KOTFE and KOTET).

That's something i'd like to see :)