Why is the PvP community so hostile?

BarbarikDave

I know what the HK quest had - but I will absolutely not put my character in any area where they can be flagged for attack from other players, and that was what going into the Outlaw's Den required. So it's a hard no.

The bait and switch is a huge problem, I will agree with that. Whether it's Oricon, Iokath or the thing with Pierce, it's just wrong.

There is a way for you to go into the Outlaw Den without too much problem, that is if you have a stealth character. The way i did HK to get the item from the vendor is I used my stealth character and stealth through the area, though no one was there. When I got to the vendor, I opened up my stronghold menu and then click on the vendor, bought the item and hit one of my strongholds and viola I vanished from the area and waited for a bit for the cooldown. I decorated some while waiting. Now this is just a suggestion

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh.... ^^ reasoned, objective, and substantially based on fact. :)

In the end.. PvP is substantially about one player predating on another player, often at any and all costs. It gets the reptile brain (the most primal sections of our brain) revved up, and even when under the control of the logical brain... can and will both issue and provoke passionate responses. Even in PvE.. some players are very much reptile brain driven. Once the reptile part of our brain is engaged..... nothing good comes from it really as it was never intended to be triggered by virtual game play events, because it is driven by survival at it's basest levels. The reason some people come across more friendly, team oriented, and compassionate in their play is that they have better lock and control over the reptile portion of their brain.

:::::barks in agreement:::::