Referral from Customer Service - Issue with getting HK-51

ZippyPingu

Hello - I've been asked to post this issue here by Customer Services. I'm rather disappointed with the response given that it looks I won't be able to receive this companion now or complete the related story. I tend to play SWTOR for narrative reasons mostly and was looking forward to treasure hunting for the parts and "rebuilding" the droid. I attach both my ticket detail and the CS response below for review. I'd be most grateful if this can be reviewed and would be most grateful for any suggestions on how to get around to this or if there's a technical fix that can be applied. The issue is in relation to my main character called Eyrionne...

My ticket details below...

Hello,

I was in the middle of completing the 'Fatal Errors' quest to obtain HK-51. I got about halfway through the Theoretika chapter and, unfortunately, had to quit to make dinner. When I reclogged I started outside the Theoretika mission area, but the illumination probe wouldn't work. To try and fix this I:

1. Went back to my ship and returned - still the same issue.

2. Went to fleet and returned - still the same issue.

3. Reset the local phases various times.

Still, the problem remained. I decided in the end to drop the mission (the reset option wasn't available) to start the whole quest line again. But on return to Section X (Belsavis) B6-31 doesn't have the mission icon anymore and now, I'm unable to start the mission again.

Please can someone kindly look into this?

Thanks in advance

Eyrionne

Customer service response...

Hi Eyrionne,

Thank you for contacting Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service. My name is Maridee. I'm coming back to you in giving an assistance regadring your request for help about the missing quest called Fatal Errors that has gone in your logs.

I'm very sorry for the inconveniences and I'd understand that this mission is a stepping stone for you to get HK-51. I have checked this for you so let me provide you information for your concern.

Upon further checking, I can see that the Fatal Error quest is no longer available in your mission logs even if mission tracker is already enabled because I'm thinking it might be hidden or just lost. You've mentioned several steps you've done before contacting to us and I appreciate your best effort in looking into this but in line with the concern, the fatal error is an heroics misison in order for you to get HK-51 as your companion. I've managed to check our resources and apparently, it is only done once which means if you already abandoned it, there is no way to re-grant or return the said mission. The droid in Belsavis section is no longer giving the quests and we can only provide missing class quest mission.

I would understand that this could be upsetting on your part however I would recommend you posting this sugegstion to our forums for them to reconsider it to become available again. I can assure you that once you post this to our forums and in the swtor community, our developers will definitely look into this and is always interested in receiving constructive feedback from our players.

To ensure that your ideas are seen by the right people, I would recommend posting them on our Suggestion Box forum at http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349 so that they can be seen by the Development team. While our Developers may not post in every thread created there, they do read the forums on a regular basis, and are constantly looking for feedback from our players.

You can check back on the details of this case, and all your other cases, in-game.

Click on Request Help or press Ctrl and / to open your case history.

I'll recommend you reading this page for self help links as for references: https://help.ea.com/en/star-wars-the-old-republic/star-wars-the-old-republic/

Hopefully, I was able to clarified the missing quest called Fatal Errors to get HK-51and have provided information for your concern despite of not completely resolving this case for you.

If you have any further issues that we can assist with please don't hesitate to contact us anytime!

Thanks for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

The Force is Strong With You!

xxxxxxx [i've opted to edit out the CS reps name to avoid privacy concerns]

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

Not sure anyone would do anything about your problem. It's an old mission, and I didn't see them updating old stuff.

If you really want HK-51, and have more characters, you can pick it up on another character, complete it, then unlock HK-51 on the character you want him on.

Try going back to Section X, go to the area with the Fatality crash ship and look for the (SIS) agent Bren out on the frozen lake area and see if they give you the mission you need.

The droid sends you to them from the beginning of section X so you may need to talk to them to get the mission.

If you really want HK-51, and have more characters, you can pick it up on another character, complete it, then unlock HK-51 on the character you want him on.

This is the way to go about it.

You've really just barely started the thing anyway so doing it on another character should not be an issue. In fact, you'd probably be done by now (Theoretika, at least) for the time and energy you spent with your tickets and your posting about it.

I remember doing this 9-12 times all the way through cuz back then 1,000,000 credits *was* actually a lot for an unlock but now it's nothing. So just do it on another character and you're done.

I really wish they'd go back to stuff like this. The original HK-51 missions are still my favourite part of SWTOR, before they dumbed it down to the Forrest Gump level it is these days.

Try going back to Section X, go to the area with the Fatality crash ship and look for the (SIS) agent Bren out on the frozen lake area and see if they give you the mission you need.

The droid sends you to them from the beginning of section X so you may need to talk to them to get the mission.

I would try this. As I recall, the frozen section should be the H2 section and he's the one who gives you all subsequent quests after the droid in the starting area sends you there. Although if your character is Imperial (I didn't see if you specified in your OP) then you'd be looking for an Imperial officer not an SIS agent.

Edited by Elessara

I would try this. As I recall, the frozen section should be the H2 section and he's the one who gives you all subsequent quests after the droid in the starting area sends you there. Although if your character is Imperial (I didn't see if you specified in your OP) then you'd be looking for an Imperial officer not an SIS agent.

OP mentioned the Droid B6-31 which is for the republic side of the quest chain.

Just to report that by returning to Agent Bren I managed to pick up the Theoretika portion of the quest line again. I'm now happily hunting for parts to reassemble my Metalbag - ok bad pun! :)

I'd like to thank everyone for their kind advice, especially Nightblazer for pointing out such an obvious solution. I also agree that it would be good if these older missions can be maintained. There are many players, like myself, who has limited play time and may still be working their way through the various narrative threads. Just because something is "old" doesn't mean that there aren't long-time subscribers, like myself, who are still enjoying these stories for the first time. That said, at least this thread will now be out there and may help anyone who run into the same problem.

Thanks again everyone!