Send me my one-time password. Please. Thanks.

GetPloughed

Waiting over 20 minutes, help page is completely useless. Had a security key for years but new phone so haven't bothered. But this one-time password system is trash, can I remove it? It benefits nobody, and it's now taken away half my playtime for the night.

Waiting over 20 minutes, help page is completely useless. Had a security key for years but new phone so haven't bothered. But this one-time password system is trash, can I remove it? It benefits nobody, and it's now taken away half my playtime for the night.

It benefits people who want extra security.

Seriously?!

A self induced problem right there...otherwise known as an unforced error on your part. ;)

Also... this is not a support site, and is not staffed 7/24 ... for that you need to go over to the EA support site for SWTOR.

You can't be bothered to spend a few minutes installing the security key app... but you have time to roll through the forum making demands on a Friday afternoon... after the studio staff have gone home for the weekend. :rolleyes:

In today's world.... additional level security is a must.. and the studio is prudent to put in a fail-safe (the one time password) if a player is too lazy or indifferent to use a readily available software security key. Get the security key app on your new phone and move on.

Edited by Andryah

I think I would be a whole lot more forgiving if it were truly a 'One Time Password' instead of an "Every Time Password". I respect that some people want to have extra security devices and such, but I am with the original poster on the idea that I shouldn't HAVE to wait on customer service literally every time I log into the game and every time I log onto the forums.

For a security system that is so aggressively secure, they sure are unfriendly if your computer auto-clears the cache and deletes the cookies.

I think I would be a whole lot more forgiving if it were truly a 'One Time Password' instead of an "Every Time Password". I respect that some people want to have extra security devices and such, but I am with the original poster on the idea that I shouldn't HAVE to wait on customer service literally every time I log into the game and every time I log onto the forums.

For a security system that is so aggressively secure, they sure are unfriendly if your computer auto-clears the cache and deletes the cookies.

It *IS* a one-time password. That password can be used ONE TIME.

I respect that some people want to have extra security devices and such, but I am with the original poster on the idea that I shouldn't HAVE to wait on customer service literally every time I log into the game and every time I log onto the forums.

You don't have to wait.

There is a nice little function that's called a Security Key, set it up and no more waiting for a password.

You don't have to wait.

There is an almost mandatory extra hoop to jump through that's called a Security Key, requiring third party software not included in the game, just to be able to access the game..

Fixed your typo there.

Perhaps it's the old man in me, but I refuse to download extra junk. Whether it's the crafting helper or the star-parse as a DPS meter, or just a plain ol' security key, anything not included on the disc that I purchased or patched directly in through Bioware is a peripheral that I consider to put not just my SWTOR account, but my entire computer, at risk. If the security key was intended to be a mandatory part of the game, it would have been included with the game. It is not. Instead, we are expected to engage in some shadey internet dealings of downloading this additional app, along with whatever keyloggers and viruses and Trojans it might carry, because if we don't, there is a 10-30 minute delay each and every time you log into the game.

When you are logging in from the same computer, these extra measures should be 100% optional. I get it, requiring a One Time Password every time I log in from a new computer, a new internet connection or wifi spot, or with a different account. But seriously, if I'm playing the game and I shut it off for 10 minutes to go to the washroom and get a glass of water, do they really think some burglar broke into my home, stole my computer, and is now sitting in my living room trying to access my account on the same computer/internet combination that was just in use 10 minutes prior?

Security features are great. But security features should be optional. The SWTOR 'Every Time Password' is the equivalent of having your auto dealership recall your car to put a second ignition switch into the car and require you to carry and use two keys every time you need to drive.