Mercenaries have to many DCDs and Powertech do not have enough. Yeah, this again.

KevinQCowart

This issue has been discussed ad nauseam, because it has not been fixed, its broken. PvP is not imbalanced its completely dysfunctional.

There is no debate to be had, this is a glaring design flaw that has continued for a year and a half. Mercenary TTK is off the scale, they are tankier than Shieldtech or any melee class. There is no justification for this, no class should get 30k HSMs and 3 lifes, and electonet.

I am thrilled at the recent attention to PvP, in fact, I returned to the game and bough a 6-month subscription. But, Bioware, you need to tackle the large issues before you do the fine tweaking. Desync and Mercenaries make this otherwise amazing game frustrating.

Edited by KevinQCowart

Healing mercs are not OP'd. Removing what DCDs they got would gimp them. So if you want to create dialogue then do it proper and be specific.

I agree PTs need to be improved, but crying for nerfs for a specific class then asking for buff on another sounds like you just got wiped all over a WZ by a merc while playing on your PT.

Healing mercs are not OP'd. Removing what DCDs they got would gimp them. So if you want to create dialogue then do it proper and be specific.

I agree PTs need to be improved, but crying for nerfs for a specific class then asking for buff on another sounds like you just got wiped all over a WZ by a merc while playing on your PT.

When do PTs ever not get wiped by mercs? Seriously, a PT could time their CC and burst perfectly and it would not matter, Mercs will win through raw math, PTs will run out of HP before they can kill even a mediocre merc.

When do PTs ever not get wiped by mercs? Seriously, a PT could time their CC and burst perfectly and it would not matter, Mercs will win through raw math, PTs will run out of HP before they can kill even a mediocre merc.

Skill and gear being equal, a DPS PT will get beat by nearly any DPS class, not just Mercs. So are you going to create a nerf thread for Marauders, Juggs, and Operatives too? Give me a break.

I agree with you that PTs need a DCD buff for either Kolto Overload and/or Energy Shield. You should focus on that. Crying for nerfs only erodes the credibility of your argument otherwise.

I realize you are saying DPS mercs need a nerf to their DCDs and PTs need a buff... But you are saying mercs, as in all mercs need a nerf and I am saying healing mercs do not need a nerf at all.

As said above by others, nearly every dps class outclasses PT dps atm. Why not lobby for improvements instead of demanding a nerf to one of the many classes that beat you?

When you aim your thread at one specific class, not even a spec of the class it comes off as shortsighted and does nothing but sound like a vent thread, not a reasonable discussion thread.

Crying for nerfs only erodes the credibility of your argument otherwise.

If you are seriously implying that mercs are balanced and need no changes you are beyond reasoning with.

I realize you are saying DPS mercs need a nerf to their DCDs and PTs need a buff... But you are saying mercs, as in all mercs need a nerf and I am saying healing mercs do not need a nerf at all.

As said above by others, nearly every dps class outclasses PT dps atm. Why not lobby for improvements instead of demanding a nerf to one of the many classes that beat you?

When you aim your thread at one specific class, not even a spec of the class it comes off as shortsighted and does nothing but sound like a vent thread, not a reasonable discussion thread.

Merc and PT are extreme outliers. Merc is enormously overpowered and dps PT is basically a dead class. Everybody else is in the middle of the bell curve.

Merc healer is a special case it never had a moment of glory in SWTOR PvP because its just lame. The ability set is generic and it does not bring any exciting group utility besides enet securing a kill, but thats not a healer/support function. Merc healer issues have never been with DCDs, it needs an entirely new rotation. I wish it would be centered more around the kolto shell heal-on-damage effect, that is a unqiue style but its just incredibly weak atm.

Edited by KevinQCowart

If you are seriously implying that mercs are balanced and need no changes you are beyond reasoning with.

I'm not implying anything. What I'm saying is that you aren't going to convince many people to see your point and up-vote your thread if you cry for nerfing one class and buffing another in the same plea. It smacks of someone who's butthurt, and no one will take you seriously. You'll get more mileage if you champion a well-articulated, reasonable request to buff PT DCDs - there's virtually no one who will disagree with you there.

As for Mercs, I don't deny their DCDs are over tuned, but Bioware had the perfect opportunity to address that in 5.9 with all the other class nerfs and didn't touch them. So either they don't consider it the same problem that you do, or they see it as a much lower priority than other game issues they are working on. Either way, you won't elicit much sympathy for your cause there, from the players or the developers.

So again, my advice is to just focus on requesting that PTs get some love. If you don't want to take my advice, np, it's your time you're wasting, not mine. Best of luck to you.

Edited by Mournblood