Game Client update not finishing

miclanman

Did you log out the game and restart your PC? I found I had to do this when I installed the game just recently, it would get stuck at a certain point and need to be restarted. I eventually got the game installed it's working fine now.

Yes.. I had this problem this morning. I thought it was just something funky with my PC somewhere as I had the same issue in last patch in May as well. Luckily, from the prior event.. I already knew what to do about it.

I'm not sure the actual cause.. but for some reason the launcher hangs when trying to install the client. Restarting the launcher will not solve it... it will just hang on a different percentage complete.

What I had to do was (Windows 8.1 in my case, and I use the non-streaming launcher):

1) force the launcher to end (it appeared to be hung and I had to use Task Manager to end it.

2) log out of my PC (a full restart was not required)

3) log back in to my PC

4) run the launcher again.. and it will complete with errors and tell you to run the repair utility

5) ran the repair utility and it fixed the issues and everything was fine

I checked the log files and for some reason during the client install.... one or more files get corrupted... and that causes the initial hang as the launcher is somehow borked in it's process. I do not know if the launcher hanging corrupted the files, or corrupted files hung the launcher.... or both.

I also think there is something funky about the client versioning during the patch because the launcher says it is installing client 242... yet my log file at the end of successful patch clearly states that it installed client 241. So I also checked the client version file and it also stated that the current client is 241.

I see that the OP already put this in the bug report forum... so I encourage anyone who has this issue to echo that fact over there.

Edited by Andryah

Yes.. I had this problem this morning. I thought it was just something funky with my PC somewhere as I had the same issue in last patch in May as well. Luckily, from the prior event.. I already knew what to do about it.

I'm not sure the actual cause.. but for some reason the launcher hangs when trying to install the client. Restarting the launcher will not solve it... it will just hang on a different percentage complete.

What I had to do was (Windows 8.1 in my case, and I use the non-streaming launcher):

1) force the launcher to end (it appeared to be hung and I had to use Task Manager to end it.

2) log out of my PC (a full restart was not required)

3) log back in to my PC

4) run the launcher again.. and it will complete with errors and tell you to run the repair utility

5) ran the repair utility and it fixed the issues and everything was fine

I checked the log files and for some reason during the client install.... one or more files get corrupted... and that causes the initial hang as the launcher is somehow borked in it's process. I do not know if the launcher hanging corrupted the files, or corrupted files hung the launcher.... or both.

I also think there is something funky about the client versioning during the patch because the launcher says it is installing client 242... yet my log file at the end of successful patch clearly states that it installed client 241. So I also checked the client version file and it also stated that the current client is 241.

I see that the OP already put this in the bug report forum... so I encourage anyone who has this issue to echo that fact over there.

After reading this it reminded me to update my game. I noticed the client 242 while it was patching but had no issues logging in. Gameplay is fine. I use Windows 7. Wonder if it is just a Windows 8 and 10 issue? Curious.