Where did these points come from?

Callimachus

Assuming you are Republic (since it's the Esseles) and assuming you mean "alignment points" (not Dark side tokens) then:

You probably made a couple of "dark side choices" during conversations in the Esseles. If you're not seeing the things that indicate the alignment of a conversation choice, I think there is a setting for that somewhere in "Preferences" which someone else can point you to.

You can't get rid of the dark side points, but you can overwhelm them with light-side points in future.

Also, check what alignment you have highlighted in the two icons at the lower right of your screen.

I can see the indicators for major choices, and I got 250 light side from that flashpoint, I was not aware you could get alignment adjustments from other choices as well... I'm confused as to when I got those DS adjustment, but I guess I can't change that.

You can't get rid of the dark side points, but you can overwhelm them with light-side points in future.

This isn't quite true. Once you get Light to 100,000 points, any further Light points you earn will "burn off" Dark points on a one-for-one basis instead of raising your Light score any higher.

The same operates in reverse for having 100,000 Dark points - you burn off any Light points you have left over.

I can see the indicators for major choices, and I got 250 light side from that flashpoint, I was not aware you could get alignment adjustments from other choices as well... I'm confused as to when I got those DS adjustment, but I guess I can't change that.

On the bottom, er left i think, of your minimap you can select light side or dark side. Make sure this matches your preferences or you could end up getting the opposite alignment points.

Hmm, I don't think you get LS/DS from any convo choices, except those two (for a total of 250), but maybe I'm wrong.

How did you notice that it was exactly 2 DS points, was that on the quest reward window? That would mean you got 252 DS offsetting the 250 LS from the convos for a net 2 DS. In which case, it's gotta be the LS/DS alignment toggle that KendraP mentioned above. That gives you DS points for all the mobs you kill, and I think some value for quest completion, which can add up.

Hmm, I don't think you get LS/DS from any convo choices, except those two (for a total of 250), but maybe I'm wrong.

How did you notice that it was exactly 2 DS points, was that on the quest reward window? That would mean you got 252 DS offsetting the 250 LS from the convos for a net 2 DS. In which case, it's gotta be the LS/DS alignment toggle that KendraP mentioned above. That gives you DS points for all the mobs you kill, and I think some value for quest completion, which can add up.

I just opened up my character window and saw that I had 2898 Light side and 2 dark side, while before the flashpoint I had 0 dark side. I think I pressed the light side on the panel at the bottom, not sure. I certainly did not press the dark side there.