Unplaced stronghold decos are gone?

IoNonSoEVero

ETA: toggling between NA servers resolved the issue on Star Forge, but not Satele Shan.

I was decorating a stronghold last night. Logged out. Logged back in. Every single one of my unplaced stronghold decorations - companions, pets, mounts, furniture, trophies, everything - is gone. The only things listed as unlocked are droids.

Went to a different stronghold. Tried another toon. Same result.

https://imgur.com/0Rr8D1M

In going through the GTN if I hover over decos for sale, the game will acknowledge I own them (example, this holocron of fear that is being old - it correctly acknowledges I own two) but those decos aren't showing up in the list anymore.

https://imgur.com/9ZRMbBB

All of the decos and companions that are already *placed* are fine and have not gone anywhere.

All of the mounts and pets are still showing up in the abilities pane/lists and can be summoned, they just aren't listed as unlocked decos.

Help? I have about 30 pages of decos saved for Rishi so this is somewhat concerning.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

It would be better if the two images showed results for the same item. As it is, I can't see how anything in either image indicates a problem.

In the first image, the "# / #" next to each item indicates how many are able to be placed, out of how many that you own*. So 0/1 for the "Deactivated Iokath Combat Droid", means you own one of them, and zero are able to be placed (because the one you own is already placed somewhere). If you want to place another one in the same or a different stronghold, you will need to acquire another one. Or you can pick up the one you've placed, and the listing will change to 1/1, and then you can put it somewhere else.

Plus, the number placed doesn't mean they are placed in that stronghold you're currently in, only that they are placed somewhere, in a stronghold.

Going down that page, for each of the three Fabrication droids, it shows 5/10, meaning you own 10 of each of them, and have placed five of each, so five more are available to be placed. And the 1/3 for the Factory Welding Droid and Guardian Droid, likewise means you own 3 of each, and one of each is available to be placed, because you have already placed two of each in your stronghold(s).

Also, if you have any filters active, it will only show decorations of that type/subtye, etc. And while you don't have any besides "Unlocked" active in your screenshot, it's worth remembering that if you click on a hook that has a decoration placed, the listing will automagically filter to only show the same type/subtype of decorations as the one placed. So you will have to manually reset the filters to see more decoration types that can go on that hook.

In the second image, the "# / #" in the GTN listing shows shows how many you own*, vs how many you can own, not if or how many of them you have already placed in your stronghold(s). Most decorations, as in your image, have a limit of 999, but some have much lower limits, of 50, or 10, or even 1.

As a side note, Mounts, Pets, and Companions are a bit tricksy, when it comes to using them as decorations. Only ones that are "summonable" by the particular character you are on will be shown as "available" to be placed. IOW, if you are on your Jedi Knight, you can't place any Jedi Consular, Sith Warrior, Trooper, etc., companions (unless you've added them to your available companions via alerts from KotFE/ET). Likewise, any mounts or pets you have on one character can't be placed by another character, unless that character also has the same mount/pet in their list of vehicles/pets that they can "summon". You can, however, "pick up" any of them, with any character, but you will then need to switch to whatever other character in order to place them somewhere else.

*For purposes of these listings, you only "own" the decoration if you have "used" it to "Unlock" it and add it to your available decorations. If you simply bought it, or got it as a mission reward, or whatever, and it's still sitting in your inventory, it will not be included in either count.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

It would be better if the two images showed results for the same item. As it is, I can't see how anything in either image indicates a problem.

In the first image, the "# / #" next to each item indicates how many are able to be placed, out of how many that you own*. So 0/1 for the "Deactivated Iokath Combat Droid", means you own one of them, and zero are able to be placed (because the one you own is already placed somewhere). If you want to place another one in the same or a different stronghold, you will need to acquire another one. Or you can pick up the one you've placed, and the listing will change to 1/1, and then you can put it somewhere else.

Plus, the number placed doesn't mean they are placed in that stronghold you're currently in, only that they are placed somewhere, in a stronghold.

Going down that page, for each of the three Fabrication droids, it shows 5/10, meaning you own 10 of each of them, and have placed five of each, so five more are available to be placed. And the 1/3 for the Factory Welding Droid and Guardian Droid, likewise means you own 3 of each, and one of each is available to be placed, because you have already placed two of each in your stronghold(s).

Also, if you have any filters active, it will only show decorations of that type/subtye, etc. And while you don't have any besides "Unlocked" active in your screenshot, it's worth remembering that if you click on a hook that has a decoration placed, the listing will automagically filter to only show the same type/subtype of decorations as the one placed. So you will have to manually reset the filters to see more decoration types that can go on that hook.

In the second image, the "# / #" in the GTN listing shows shows how many you own*, vs how many you can own, not if or how many of them you have already placed in your stronghold(s). Most decorations, as in your image, have a limit of 999, but some have much lower limits, of 50, or 10, or even 1.

As a side note, Mounts, Pets, and Companions are a bit tricksy, when it comes to using them as decorations. Only ones that are "summonable" by the particular character you are on will be shown as "available" to be placed. IOW, if you are on your Jedi Knight, you can't place any Jedi Consular, Sith Warrior, Trooper, etc., companions (unless you've added them to your available companions via alerts from KotFE/ET). Likewise, any mounts or pets you have on one character can't be placed by another character, unless that character also has the same mount/pet in their list of vehicles/pets that they can "summon". You can, however, "pick up" any of them, with any character, but you will then need to switch to whatever other character in order to place them somewhere else.

*For purposes of these listings, you only "own" the decoration if you have "used" it to "Unlock" it and add it to your available decorations. If you simply bought it, or got it as a mission reward, or whatever, and it's still sitting in your inventory, it will not be included in either count.

Sorry if this sounds rude, but I'm not an idiot and not a novice to the game and did not need the lecture, thank you. I have six strongholds and am clear on what the inventory means. There was nothing in my post that suggested I did not understand how companions, deco placement or inventory numbers worked.

If you'd actually looked at the first photo, there are no filters, I simply called up everything I've ever unlocked. I had over 2000 decorations. Now I only have two pages of unlocked decos showing. That's not hard to understand.

The image is the unlocked list, not the available list.

The list of *unlocked* decorations shows you everything that you own, whether it's placed or not, as well as the number of each item you own. According to the list of unlocked decorations that is currently showing up for me, I only own about 20 decos, all of which are droids.

I am also well aware what the GTN listing means, and did not need it explained to me. The point I was making, very clearly, is that although the game still acknowledges I own two of that type of deco, the deco is not showing up in the unlocked list at all, and thus cannot be placed, picked up or worked with in any way.

I have 2000 unlocked, purchased/earned decorations that cannot be placed on hooks, cannot be accessed, and are not showing up in the unlocked list, because according to the game they somehow have ceased to exist. I don't know how to make that any clearer.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

As a side note to devs, I recently transferred some characters from one NA server to the other and didn't have a chance to place anything yet. All of their decos are gone from their unlocked list as well.

Looking at the list of every single deco in the game (owned, unlocked or not) calls up a list of only 14 pages - all of which have the droid keyword (filters are visible in the photo - "Show All"). https://imgur.com/a/HFBwa4G

On *Satele Shan* if you type other keywords and click on hooks, your unlocked decos do come up, even though they are not showing on the master list. On Star Forge it was acting as though the decos didn't exist.

Toggling between servers has seemed to resolve the issue on Star Forge, but not Satele Shan.