SWTOR coming to an end? -- According to gaming news outlets (Rumored I assume/hope)

Vadaris

As the title says. Love the game, and I have been looking forward to subbing and playing SWTOR again. However, I read news over the past couple of days that SWTOR might be actually ending in 2018.

Are there any official sources on this? If so, may I get a link please? If this issue has already been raised, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks! :)

As the title says. Love the game, and I have been looking forward to subbing and playing SWTOR again. However, I read news over the past couple of days that SWTOR might be actually ending in 2018.

Are there any official sources on this? If so, may I get a link please? If this issue has already been raised, please point me in the right direction.

Post your links.. Thanks.

Can you provide links to this stuff you’ve read?

The latest news I see on any reputable or at least notable gaming news website is dated early this year, long before any announcements were made regarding plans for 2018. So I wouldn't take it to heart and just keep playing. The worst thing you can do if you want something to succeed is to give up on it, at least as long as you are enjoying it.

I googled swtor and a few popped up. This one, from Kotaku, was one that caught my attention. Something along the lines of focusing on the game Anthem and possibly considering the fate of SWTOR.

https://kotaku.com/bioware-doubles-down-on-anthem-as-pressure-mounts-1822380989

Nothing was set in stone obviously, but I just wanted to bring awareness and see if I could get some sort of official statement regarding this.

I will however go ahead and sub and jump back into my favorite MMO :)

Thanks all

I cross bridges once I get to them.

Soon Camelot Unchained will be out, so at worst even if SWTOR decides to call it quits, there are some other options out there that will be available within this next year.

Basically, one thing gone means space for something new.

Edited: I can see that others have said the same thing I did: If you have "read news" about it, then you are the one who should post links. The Kotaku article is not really recent, but it was discussed here at length when it was, and before the announcements that they were planning on a 6.0 "expansion". I use that term loosely because even Bioware has not called it an "expansion" but has rather used the term "update". Either way it is new content that is planned for sometime in the next year I would guess... so unless something drastic happens I doubt the game is going to shut down completely.

Edited by PennyAnn

Its utter crap.

They have already announced the next big expansion and there is one more smaller release even before that so right now we are in good shape.

they didnt announce a ''big expansion'' they announced there will be a 6.0 ''expansion''

Soon Camelot Unchained will be out, so at worst even if SWTOR decides to call it quits, there are some other options out there that will be available within this next year.

same here --- I am scheduled to be an alpha tester in Pantheon -- whether it actually MAKES it to alpha is another point (currently in pre-alpha) .... so I have it to fall back on and it will keep me busy even if SWtOR goes bye-bye or if it doesn't --- alpha will keep me occupied regardless --- plans already made

However, I read news over the past couple of days that SWTOR might be actually ending in 2018.

You read an article dated over 5 months ago, actually, and if you had done even some basic searching on these forums, you would have found several threads where that article was discussed at length, such as this one:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=942936&highlight=Kotaku

Or this one:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=942939&highlight=Kotaku

Or this one:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=942924&highlight=Kotaku

It's a good idea to look at dates.

This is probably the best advice anyone can give you. Reading comprehension - learn it, love it, live it.

Nothing official and I doubt it given bioware rather weak roadmap. It's still a roadmap for the future so thats got to be a positive. The only thing I know is bioware only has to give us 30 days notice if they shut the doors and that doesn't appear to be happening. bioware is really slow on doing anything for this game and we'll see little to no development and that means even less than we get now before the doors close but it doesn't appear we are at that critical stage yet. Might be after the slow summer but we'll see.

Edited by Quraswren

Been waiting for CU (while participating in any alpha tests I can) since they announced it.

SWTOR has been said to be "coming to an end" since about 2 months after it started. But, you know, it will definitely be ending sometime ......

(After all, the sun is going to die in a few million years.)

Edited by JediQuaker

Been waiting for CU (while participating in any alpha tests I can) since they announced it.

Noooo, a PVP game. I hate PVP - compulsion.

* sigh * I hope SWTOR will stay with us for a while. :(

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a game (MMOPRG) that:

1. In German is.

2. Have a good story.

3. Has a PvP protection. From time to time I like to do PVP. But it annoys, if you just want quests, is mowed down by hordes of ******. :(

By the way: If someone knows a good game that meets the criteria and is not dead, please let me know.

Edited by Batwer

that news article was only ever designed to troll people and i didn't buy a word of what that person stated as "truth". so many people were arguing that it was all over but i was the only voice that opposed those. the person putting out that piece of trash never did reveal his source and as suspected, it was complete crap in the end.

This is why media types need to prove their sources and to make sure it isn't a piece to feed the masses hysteria for no good reason, it is completely irresponsible reporting for someone who should know better in his line of work.

so yeah, read the dates and change your thread title, it is assuming facts not in evidence since you only had one outlet to work with and not multiple outlets.