Warning before character deletion that there are unclaimed CM items

Nightblazer

A common issue I notice over on the customer service forums is that someone buys an item from the cartel market, leaves it in the unclaimed section and then deletes the character to claim the items on another character.

I think it would help but of course not fully prevent but to put a warning before a character can be deleted that there are unclaimed items that will be lost to give someone who may be new and not understand that the unclaimed items is character specific before they are lost.

This would save unnecessary emails or in-game tickets for item or character restoration.

Another option if not would be to make the unclaimed items section legacy wide just like the Item Stash window of the cartel market.

Another option if not would be to make the unclaimed items section legacy wide just like the Item Stash window of the cartel market.

They used to be account wide. You could buy items on one server then claim them on another. A few years ago BW quietly changed it to character-specific, which really serves no purpose I can imagine (other than the occasional double purchase when you forget that you already have it in another char's unclaimed list.)

Edited by Mubrak

They used to be account wide. You could buy items on one server then claim them on another. A few years ago BW quietly changed it to character-specific, which really serves no purpose I can imagine (other than the occasional double purchase when you forget that you already have it in another char's unclaimed list.)

Yeah I really don't understand why they did that.

I'm still wondering why anyone would buy something from the CM and *leave* it unclaimed for any longer than it takes to buy the other three items they want and press "Claim All".

I'm still wondering why anyone would buy something from the CM and *leave* it unclaimed for any longer than it takes to buy the other three items they want and press "Claim All".

For me I found out the hard way how this works. I didn't really care which toon bought what weapon because I figured it doesn't matter, so I bought it on one toon, went to another server to a toon who could actually use the weapon, and um...hm.... not there in the cm queue. Had to go back to the other server and invent a toon who could use it.

Edited by xordevoreaux

For me I found out the hard way how this works. I didn't really care which toon bought what weapon because I figured it doesn't matter, so I bought it on one toon, went to another server to a toon who could actually use the weapon, and um...hm.... not there in the cm queue. Had to go back to the other server and invent a toon who could use it.

For reference, no, to unlock the weapon in the buyer's inventory, all you need to do is your choice of:

* Equip it on a companion who can use it.

* Insert a hilt/barrel, mod, or enhancement (even a carppy cheap one from the level 10 vendor on the Fleet) into it and click Apply.

* Wait 36 hours and give it to a character who can use it.

Personally, I'd write off 500 credits for a level 10 green hilt.