Launcher won't open

xthe_jesterx

As the title says. I've tried reinstalling the whole game, that doesn't work. I've tried booting in safe mode with networking, that got the launcher up, but it didn't even start downloading anything. I've tried spamming the launcher and I start getting messages saying that only one instance can be open at a time, but the launcher itself never opens. The closest I've gotten on a normal boot is the launcher showing up in as a background process in my task manager. Any help?

It's hard to help if you give no indication of your system specs or anything. For all I know, you're trying to run it on a Mac, or a phone, or whatever.

But, assuming it's some sort of PC - try disabling any/all firewalls and/or anti-virus to see if that helps. If it does, you can then try to find out which firewall/AV is causing the problem.

Also, make sure ALL your drivers - audio, graphics, chipset, LAN, etc - are up to date.

You might also reset your BIOS or "Load Defaults" to make sure there are no configuration issues.

I know I'm not exactly the smartest when it comes to computers but I'm pretty sure that if I could run SWtOR on a phone, I probably wouldn't need to ask for help when the launcher doesn't work.

But to answer your suggestions, I just tried disabling firewalls and antivirus (I use Norton), and the launcher has not opened. I use a default HP Envy 700 PC, and I've been playing SWtOR for a few years with no problems until now. Well, a couple of problems, but nothing that isn't easily fixed. As mentioned, I have tried to reinstall the game, BitRaider included, but to no avail. In my research, I've come across people suggesting something to do with a Fix Launcher executable in the files but I do not have that available.