Please help me stay active in this game...

I always swore that I'd be the last person to d/c when they finally shutdown the servers. I used to play daily, but in the last month I have found myself logging in less and less. I want to stay active in this game, but I'm not having fun any more. The guild I've been in has faded away into nothing. Pugging in to an Ops Group takes longer than running the Op itself. And all to often the Pug group is worse than a Root Canal without Novocaine.

I am on Satele Shan and I need a PVE guild, that regularly runs SM/HM Ops, with Progression to NiM, preferably one with Sister guilds on both sides.

I have 65 toons (4 of every advanced class, except 5 commando) mostly I have done DPS, but am willing to learn Heals and/or Tanking (I used to Shadow Tank back in 2.x and 3.x but its been a while) I have 1 of each crafter maxxed at 600.

I want more than anything to stay active, but I'm afraid without some friends and some focus, I'll just drift away. If your guild sounds like what I am looking for and could use someone like me, please reach out to me and we can get together in game.

Change servers. Star Forge is the best server ever. Since The Ebon Hawk died, anyway.

Make new toons too. Start from ground zero. You done everything already, stop toiling on old, decrepit toons.

Make new friends. Meet new people.

It's time for you to go to the change, not expect the change to come to you!

Edited by Lhancelot

I always swore that I'd be the last person to d/c when they finally shutdown the servers. I used to play daily, but in the last month I have found myself logging in less and less. I want to stay active in this game, but I'm not having fun any more. The guild I've been in has faded away into nothing. Pugging in to an Ops Group takes longer than running the Op itself. And all to often the Pug group is worse than a Root Canal without Novocaine.

I am on Satele Shan and I need a PVE guild, that regularly runs SM/HM Ops, with Progression to NiM, preferably one with Sister guilds on both sides.

I have 65 toons (4 of every advanced class, except 5 commando) mostly I have done DPS, but am willing to learn Heals and/or Tanking (I used to Shadow Tank back in 2.x and 3.x but its been a while) I have 1 of each crafter maxxed at 600.

I want more than anything to stay active, but I'm afraid without some friends and some focus, I'll just drift away. If your guild sounds like what I am looking for and could use someone like me, please reach out to me and we can get together in game.

Keep the faith pal, sometimes things just go into a slump for a while, it happens but than things can pick up again.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't try and get into a new guild, but I haven't been in a guild for the last 3+ years and I'm fine with it. Don't limit yourself only to the possibilities that may arise from being in a guild. I was in two seperate HM/NiM progression raid groups and I wasn't even a member of their guild.

Even pugging raids is a good way to meet other raiders who than might say to you "You were good in there and my raid team is looking for a good <insert whatever you are>. That's exactly how I got into my first progression group. They told me I'd need to join their guild though and I told them flat out "Than I'm not joining." heh and than they made an exception for my and let me join the raid group and I was the only member of that team that was not a guild member. Had a similar experience with my second group, but as they already knew that I wouldn't join a guild when they asked me to join they said straight out "You don't have to join our guild, we know your not into that". It worked out great for me in both cases, made some good friends and had a ton of laughs along the way.

You never know who you might bump into when your around other people and the opportunities that might arise even from the most seemingly unlikely circumstances.

Do some pugging, you'll meet other raiders and for sure some of them will be in progression groups of their own that play on different nights and that might be all it takes for you to get into something new. You got nothing to lose by trying, and nothing to gain if you don't.

Keep at it and good luck.

Personally I'd recommend trying PVP . - It's not as scary as a lot of people think. You can watch a YouTube videos of all the maps beforehand to get a grasp of the tactics and objectives, but follow the crowd and play your role and you'll be fine.

It'll improve your PvE game a lot, make you think, & it can be enormous fun.

I'm nearly at Valor 100 - with 1 character, several at well over 60 and I think I got yelled at only about 3 times - genuinely my mistakes, - once as a noob and twice when I simply pressed the wrong key(s) at the wrong time.

I say hi to people and they say hi back, so even though I don't know them well, I soon built up a number of friends to play wz with.

If you really can't stand PvP then maybe start on some of the achieves, the macrobinoculars, the datacrons, the lore objects the champions, the planetary kills, the titles and all the rest. If you have a stack of UCs from PvE - Try kitting out another character /class and learn that.

It is hard when your friends drift away and there's very little new PVE to get stuck into. Start asking around - try making new friends too.

- Or organize an event - advertise here on the forums, and your server forum. You could do a fashion show, a duel, a podrace, a miss Nar Shaddaa - a best dressed companion, a smuggling run, a bounty hunt or get people to group up for some of those hard- to get achieves.

Try GSF - you can potter in the tutorial for as long as you want, learning the basics - and they're normally a really nice bunch of people - who will usually help out rookies rather than yell at them.

GL. OP - If it's still not working for you, then maybe take a week or 2 off - you'll not miss anything- and it might give you a chance to recharge the batteries.

Personally I'd recommend trying PVP . - It's not as scary as a lot of people think. You can watch a YouTube videos of all the maps beforehand to get a grasp of the tactics and objectives, but follow the crowd and play your role and you'll be fine.

It'll improve your PvE game a lot, make you think, & it can be enormous fun.

I'm nearly at Valor 100 - with 1 character, several at well over 60 and I think I got yelled at only about 3 times - genuinely my mistakes, - once as a noob and twice when I simply pressed the wrong key(s) at the wrong time.

I say hi to people and they say hi back, so even though I don't know them well, I soon built up a number of friends to play wz with.

If you really can't stand PvP then maybe start on some of the achieves, the macrobinoculars, the datacrons, the lore objects the champions, the planetary kills, the titles and all the rest. If you have a stack of UCs from PvE - Try kitting out another character /class and learn that.

It is hard when your friends drift away and there's very little new PVE to get stuck into. Start asking around - try making new friends too.

- Or organize an event - advertise here on the forums, and your server forum. You could do a fashion show, a duel, a podrace, a miss Nar Shaddaa - a best dressed companion, a smuggling run, a bounty hunt or get people to group up for some of those hard- to get achieves.

Try GSF - you can potter in the tutorial for as long as you want, learning the basics - and they're normally a really nice bunch of people - who will usually help out rookies rather than yell at them.

GL. OP - If it's still not working for you, then maybe take a week or 2 off - you'll not miss anything- and it might give you a chance to recharge the batteries.

@OP - This is very good advice as well and I agree with Storm on many points.

Well done Storm.

Raiders are still around, but they have diminished substantially in numbers since there's been no new content. NiM raiders - especially impside ones - are very cynical; the people I talk with say hated the Gods ops and they're not generally hopeful about this game's future. Some of them are bordering on malcontent because they've been doing the same raids over and over again. And some have ADHD or other mental problems, so stay clear of those cos they won't be caring about your learning. This game's player quality has substantially declined over the last few years, cos BW isn't doing any moderation....I heard Blizzard is using machine learning algorithms to detect problem players and toxic behavior, sure BW could've learned a few things from their playbook.

There are very few groups that's willing to recruit and teach how to play a class and learn the mechanics. You gotta find those and if you can prove that you can commit to those raids regularly and show improvement, they'd be happy to take you in I'm sure. Best raiders in this game (i.e. in terms of overall attitude and skill level) are at Satele Shan and Malgus; Star Forge has a few guilds that do serious progression but the in-game toxicity has gone worse there since the merge, I don't really recommend it. And don't join NiM guilds with no teaching emphasis because they usually don't have any patience with anything and won't be teaching you the mechanics properly.

TL;DL: People are moving to different games. BW-EA has abandoned Swtor and slowly retiring the game; it doesn't take a genius to figure it out, it's there for everyone to see....So log in and find a raiding guild to clear content, fights are still fun. Try pubside raiding guilds if you want minimal toxicity.

Edited by Northernian