double exp Cxp should continue until next expansion

scardera

same with all other MMO's. They want you to spend as much time playing as possible so the grind for everything is implemented

True, but this is the problem. Forcing players to repeat boring stuff is the opposite of the purpose of gaming. The main purpose of gaming is to do fun things. The goal for all game designers should be to give players what they want, so they stay around. Having to do boring grind for 19 weeks on every character BEFORE the fun starts, is just dumb.

I really don't understand you guys, leveling is so easy already.

In my last game it took me 4 hours a day, 6 days a week .... for 5 months, to get to max level.

It took real cash to max my gear.

I have multiple level 70s here, one 300, two nearing 200, all in around the same timescale.

Double xp/cxp is good from time to time.

Stack a crate of red bull and make use of It. But extending it beyond a week at a time would kill the buzz.

Edited by Eoinol

...extending it beyond a week at a time would kill the buzz.

Yes it would, but it would also make the 1-300 grind tolerable. I'm not a fan of 1-70 and then another 1-300 grind just to get to a competitive spot. I really don't care about the double XP - it's the CXP that needs to be doubled full time.

Yes it would, but it would also make the 1-300 grind tolerable. I'm not a fan of 1-70 and then another 1-300 grind just to get to a competitive spot. I really don't care about the double XP - it's the CXP that needs to be doubled full time.

Frankly, that's why I wouldn't be opposed to an expansion getting rid of the whole 1-70 leveling grind all together..

I know that would be a monumentis undertaking that could only be done in an expansion, but I feel in the current game dynamic the levelling concept feels arbitrary anyway.

Think about it - since Planet sync was enabled, we still have errors like end boss Sith Lords on korriban being level 10, just because the planet is. Meanwhile, we are level 70 with all those abilities and even though we are synced down to the Planet level we still overwhelmingly thrash the boss.

If levels could be done away with and the entire game simply synced with level 70 as it is now, then the game could be entirely managed by gear, especially with the gear rating we have currently. Then the only grind there is would be for cxp and the Legacy, with the gear determining whether or not someone can move on to harder content such as flashpoints or operations.

Gear is so plentiful by now that gearing someone up wouldn't be hard and if they wanted more of a challenge, they could change their gear themselves.

In addition to my previous thought, this would also make it easier for the game developers to develop content as the process for balancing it would become a lot more simple since they wouldn't need to take level into account.

Sure, there are some hurdles. But this kind of work I wouldn't think would be any more difficult than when they enacted level sync in the first place. That was done for an expansion at a time when everyone was saying the same things then as now in that the development team was short-handed and could never push anything major out.

I certainly think at this point it is an idea to consider, since Market tastes tend to shy away now from a grind and more of a desire to just jump right into the action. Accessibility maybe a better design for the current gaming Market.

As i said before. Double xp weekends. Good compromise for everyone. Just give us double exp every friday, saturday and sunday.

Nah. Compromise is not inherently right. If I think there should be a totalitarian dictatorship enacted, want to meet me half way and just settle for fascism?

Nah. Compromise is not inherently right. If I think there should be a totalitarian dictatorship enacted, want to meet me half way and just settle for fascism?

Disingenuous argument. Compromise in the case the person you referenced wouldn't result in the deaths of millions of people. In your example, it would. Not equitable arguments.

Frankly, that's why I wouldn't be opposed to an expansion getting rid of the whole 1-70 leveling grind all together..

I know that would be a monumentis undertaking that could only be done in an expansion, but I feel in the current game dynamic the levelling concept feels arbitrary anyway.

Think about it - since Planet sync was enabled, we still have errors like end boss Sith Lords on korriban being level 10, just because the planet is. Meanwhile, we are level 70 with all those abilities and even though we are synced down to the Planet level we still overwhelmingly thrash the boss.

If levels could be done away with and the entire game simply synced with level 70 as it is now, then the game could be entirely managed by gear, especially with the gear rating we have currently. Then the only grind there is would be for cxp and the Legacy, with the gear determining whether or not someone can move on to harder content such as flashpoints or operations.

Gear is so plentiful by now that gearing someone up wouldn't be hard and if they wanted more of a challenge, they could change their gear themselves.

i could easily get behind this idea. as it is now...we level 1-70, then we level 1-300. we technically level 370 times just to start getting end gear.

for a little fun: "Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic

ceremony!...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!" Dennis 932 AD

As i said before. Double xp weekends. Good compromise for everyone. Just give us double exp every friday, saturday and sunday.

While that sounds good in theory, it would have a negative affect on Monday to Thursday player participation. You would also be penalising those people who work Friday, Saturday, Sunday and have their “weekend” mid week like Tuesday-Wednesday.

Three weeks on and two weeks off allows people of all walks of life to participate, but it also keeps people subscribed and interested. If you had double XP/CXP every week or all month, you would get too used to it and have overload. Having two weeks off gives you a break from that, but also doesn’t drive players away because of double “addiction” withdrawal.

Yes there would be a small downturn in player participation during those two weeks. But it would be predictable and the hard core players would still play regardless. It would allow the more casual players to wind down a little without having swtor fatigue, which leads to big breaks from the game, like it does usually between double event weeks. Which means some of them will never come back if they’ve been away from the game too long. You don’t want them to break the addiction.

One important thing to mention is the “White acute module” that allow people to turn off double XP. This should always stay in the game to give people the option to not lvl as fast pre lvl 70. Ideally, these vendors should also be placed on the starting planets and a pop-up should tell new players or rerollers what they are and how they work.

If all of that is too much work for Bioware to do or plan, a simpler solution to double CXP (which is the main thing people really need), is to permanently increase CXP to double CXP lvls.

Then you could still have double XP events with the same scheduling we have now and people would have more relief from gear grind fatigue, which let’s face it, is the least fun thing about 5.x.

In my opinion, it’s why people are still leaving after 18 months because they are fatigued by the gear grind, it’s not fun or “exciting”, it’s boring, tedious and frustrating. The playable game content may become stale over time, but if you aren’t having fun because of all these restrictions on fun, like gear grind and making the game Alt unfriendly, people are likely to leave faster from that, than just the content getting stale.

The least they can do is reduce the gear grind on a semi to permanent basis. Make double CXP the normal rate that CXP is rewarded and you will see less people leave and have more people come back.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Disingenuous argument. Compromise in the case the person you referenced wouldn't result in the deaths of millions of people. In your example, it would. Not equitable arguments.

Disingenuous and obtuse nonsense, also totally incorrect. Fascism and totalitarian regimes do not necessarily result in the deaths of millions of people and even if they did that is not sufficient reason to make the arguments inequitable. The argument remains equitable.

Disingenuous and obtuse nonsense, also totally incorrect. Fascism and totalitarian regimes do not necessarily result in the deaths of millions of people and even if they did that is not sufficient reason to make the arguments inequitable. The argument remains equitable.

So let's try this way...

In your example:

- Totalitarians win almost everything.

- General population loses freedom.

In case of CXP weekends:

- Players win some fun and some CXP.

- Devs lose nothing.

So let's try this way...

In your example:

- Totalitarians win almost everything.

- General population loses freedom.

In my example the totalitarians don't win almost everything. They could, but that would be a product of your assumptions, not my example.

The general population loses freedom, but could gain policies that they want.

You're arguing in the weeds particulars in the case of logic, which is not logical. You're not addressing the broader concept: compromise for the sake of compromise alone is not necessarily good.

Edited by RobertFKennedyUS

In case of CXP weekends:

- Players win some fun and some CXP.

- Devs lose nothing.

The idea might have merit or not, but the way it was argued: let's just do it because we're going to compromise with an extremist position that didn't even have any reasoning behind it - is what I object to.

I agree. Double CXP until next expansion, at least. That might make me stay subbed.

As it is, I've let my sub lapse (again!!!) which means I won't be playing SWTOR at all until next double-CXP event and/or next update, depending on exactly what is in that next update.

Even with all normal bonuses and buffs and boosts, getting to Command rank 300 is way too slow, and at 300 it takes way too long to get the next RNG box which most likely doesn't have anything useful. The double-CXP events make it a little better, but what I really wish the devs would do is to lower the amount of CXP needed for the next rank/level/box. Either that or raise the chance of getting the good gear from the boxes.

Oh well. I'll be back in a month or two or five, I guess. Have fun playing!

I agree. Double CXP until next expansion, at least. That might make me stay subbed.

As it is, I've let my sub lapse (again!!!) which means I won't be playing SWTOR at all until next double-CXP event and/or next update, depending on exactly what is in that next update.

Even with all normal bonuses and buffs and boosts, getting to Command rank 300 is way too slow, and at 300 it takes way too long to get the next RNG box which most likely doesn't have anything useful. The double-CXP events make it a little better, but what I really wish the devs would do is to lower the amount of CXP needed for the next rank/level/box. Either that or raise the chance of getting the good gear from the boxes.

Oh well. I'll be back in a month or two or five, I guess. Have fun playing!

Have fun on your vacation. Speaking personally I've got so much gear (50k unassembled components and countless 242 pieces) that I actually vendor a lot of the gear that comes out of boxes (rather than disintegrating them for more components). Why not go ahead and let that sub lapse for another year? See how that works.

Maybe I'll let my sub lapse if the following sets are not immediately given to me right now: Darth Malgus, Gav Daragon, and Naga Sadow. I'd like a steak with cheese and eggs, and a Welch's grape to go along with it. This game is such a chore - I can't be bothered to play unless I am catered to.

Don't let the door hit you.

Frankly, that's why I wouldn't be opposed to an expansion getting rid of the whole 1-70 leveling grind all together...

I can see how Bioware would do that.

New expansion new lvl cap Et voila!! 1-70 leveling grind gone.

Meet the new leveling grind 1-80

:D

(6 x lvl 300 2 more to grind)

Edited by LeMage

For peoples screaming douxle exp Cxp for entire summer would BREAK the game...remember we had a x12 exp for 3 month before 3.0 we had a X2 exp for almost all summer before 4.0 so yeah...catch up mechanic exist for game and we need a catch up before 6.0 Edited by scardera

Let's say they did get rid of the 1-70 grind. There was no more regulkar leveling.

1. How would ability unlocks now be handled?

2. How does that make the new player experience any more enjoyable when there's no sense of progress

3. How would planets now scale?

4. How would gear progress now be implemented? If levels were completely removed, couldn't players just instantly kit out their alts in the best gear right on starting worlds making things somewhat trivial?

Edited by arkanenoobie

For peoples screaming douxle exp Cxp for entire summer would BREAK the game...remember we had a x12 exp for 3 month before 3.0 we had a X2 exp for almost all summer before 4.0 so yeah...catch up mechanic exist for game and we need a catch up before 6.0

Good point.

I'm working to get my 8th class to 300. and it's a... challenge. Or, well, I was working on it, got to 150ish, but my sub's out now, so I won't be playing until I get horrible withdrawals or there's something new to do. ...or a longer double-CXP period.

I've played SWTOR on/off since the Beta weekends and done pretty much everything I've wanted to do, old-content wise. Well, except getting that last class to Command rank 300, but I'm not going to burn myself out by farming years old content for any longer than I have to.