SWTOR slowdown?

DocDAM

Seems to me that my SWTOR slowed downed considerably going back a few months ago. I know that's vague, so probably I don't expect much constructive feedback. But loads are much slower. I first noticed it when QT to fleet took somewhere near a minute to load. Every planet takes maybe 2x to load compared to previous. I'm sure of this. More subjectively, I'd say overall performance (FPS) is lower.

Wondering if everyone has noticed it and whether it is due to:

a) game coding changes

b) Windows creators update

c) spectre, meltdown patches

On "c", my PC is rather old (4th Gen i5), which I understand isn't subject to the vulnerabilities, so not even sure it was patched. No other changes to my system. Plenty of free HD space.

Just curious.

Edited by DocDAM

I also noticed an increase in loading times. Some years ago they worked on that and the loading times got much lower. Since 5.0 they have added various quality of life aspects and new options like legacy credits or faster speeding and so on. I assumed that this is causing longer loading times again. There's more going on almost everyhwere (loadingwise).

Going back a few months? Going back two and a half years. Ever since 4.0.

Edit: Oh you didn't mean content updates. My bad. My load times haven't changed.

Edited by kodrac