The (unofficial) Quality of Life Thread

Zerileth

Solo players do need good gear these days to get through HM chapters.

I think you will agree that good gear doesn't mean "only 248 BIS gear". Which you do not need to do HM chapters, how could you, no one had 248 BIS gear when they first did the chapters heh

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will agree that good gear doesn't mean "only 248 BIS gear". Which you do not need to do HM chapters, how could you, no one had 248 BIS gear when they first did the chapters heh

I haven't been able to do them yet.

I think you are speaking only of certain people with specific classes who have got through them, and now comps plus many other things have been nerfed.

Edited by Suzsi

I haven't been able to do them yet.

I think you are speaking only of certain people with specific classes who have got through them, and now comps plus many other things have been nerfed.

I'm not trying to insult anyone, but, it is possible to do them without full BIS gear. There people who have more experience than others, and naturally that experience would aid them in completing where it might prove more difficult for others with less experience, but that really isn't unfair persay. The people who end up winning the silver and bronze, they trained hard, the got as much experience as they could and did all the work necessary, someone else just was a bit better than them at it.

Again, im not saying that it's easy persay [HM chapters], only that it's possible. I think you would find even with 248 [assuming you had 242 now] that it wouldn't make all that big of a difference.

Skill, experience, things like that, they are a different aspect of what a player is capable of than say gear, which is also important, but if you played PVP for example you would find people with less gear than others whipping their butts at times and so it isn't the gear that is the deciding factor.

Someone with the best gear in the group could at the same time be the player with the worst DPS. Gear is far less important than understanding the class and spec you play and your experience with it. That is another one of those things that must be earned.

P.S. Just because you haven't been able to complete the chapter on HM yet, doesn't mean you can't or you won't. I didn't complete them the first go thru either. When you do do it finally, pat yourself on the back, because that had nothing to do with the gear, that had to do with you. You earned it. - If you haven't done so yet, try looking on the internet for some guides/walk thrus, even you tube walk throughs, they help a ton. Time investiment being the cost.

If gear wasn't important, people wouldn't be after it. And if Bioware would stop making the story content into flashpoints with bosses with Ops mechanics and 1million HP, perhaps good gear would not be necessary. But that is where it is for solo players right now. And don't forget they're nerfing the classes for PvP without any regard as to how it affects PvE players.

It's amusing that anyone thinks that solo players are out of line to ask for gear to be on level with what the content demands. Or that it's an unwarranted reward. Solo/PvE players earn that gear through a lot of work.

Unwarranted? Right now you can go into a PvP match and walk around in circles until you die and you still get awarded something at the end. It's not like any other game content where you don't get anything if you don't actually succeed. If you were truly concerned with people being rewarded for perfecting their craft in the game, losers in PvP wouldn't get anything. .

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

If gear wasn't important, people wouldn't be after it. And if Bioware would stop making the story content into flashpoints with bosses with Ops mechanics and 1million HP, perhaps good gear would not be necessary. But that is where it is for solo players right now. And don't forget they're nerfing the classes for PvP without any regard as to how it affects PvE players.

It's amusing that anyone thinks that solo players are out of line to ask for gear to be on level with what the content demands. Or that it's an unwarranted reward. Solo/PvE players earn that gear through a lot of work.

Unwarranted? Right now you can go into a PvP match and walk around in circles until you die and you still get awarded something at the end. It's not like any other game content where you don't get anything if you don't actually succeed. If you were truly concerned with people being rewarded for perfecting their craft in the game, losers in PvP wouldn't get anything. But then we'd hear how there weren't enough incentives to bribe people to play.

No one said gear was unimportant, and you are 100% right if it wasn't people wouldn't be working to get it. That's really the only point here [at least the only point I'm trying to make], earning it. I had to earn it doing 7000 wzs to save up the necessary UCs to buy gear directly. Was it easy? No, it wasn't easy, but I didn't think that was wrong. It shouldn't be easy to earn the best gear in the game.

If I could earn in one day, what it takes you a month to earn, how would that make you feel? Doing Operations and Warzones takes lots of time, practice, reading, interactions, and having to put up with BS from time to time. No one forced me do it, I wanted to gear so I did what was necessary to earn the gear. If anyone things that it's hard now, they should have tried it between 5.0 and 5.2. It didnt matter what you did, or how well you did it, or how much time you dedicated, it was all a random rng roll when you got a crate. There was no other way to earn the gear. Ya know what happened?

No one raided anymore because there was no gear that could be earned in raiding. No body cared what content they did because nothing mattered it was all equally useless because no matter what you were doing it all came down to an RNG roll that basically 95% of the time was going to grand you a piece of crap hehe

People hated it, the game lost more players in those few months than ever before, it destroyed end game content, and everyone was suffering for it. So they gave incentive, they made it possible to earn gear the hard way again, and people weren't upset about that, they were happy that they knew what they had to do to get the gear they wanted/needed. It cost time, it would take effort, they'd have to work for it, and they were thrilled.

It isn't a bad thing. It's a good thing and what's more, it's a fair thing. I don't think gearing in this game is bad, in fact, it has never been better. It sucks if you want to gear 18 characters because it will take 18x as much work to get the all geared as compared to just one. But, doesn't that just make sense? Shouldn't it take 18 times as long to gear 18 charterers are just 1? heh No?

All I'm saying is, it should be hard to earn the best gear in the game and the hardest content that the game has should be the way it's earned.

It's what makes Raiders raiders. Labor of love. Someone doing heroics, shouldn't be getting the same rewards. At least that's my opinion.

Regarding PVP, if you walk in circles you what you will be earning will be far less than the players who aren't walking in circles and you will be gearing far slower than they are. So, yeah, there is a tremendous difference between those things and earning gear. You get what you earn. You wanna spend 20 minutes earning 5 UCs or would rather earn 20 UCs for those 20 minutes? Its about what you do and what you earn.

(snipping out a lot of this crap no one wants to read it twice)

You have the same exact access to BIS gear as everyone else, earning it is no harder for you than it is for anyone else, you just don't want to have to earn it, you want it handed to you. Command Crates contents are not earning things, they are gambling. Sure, someone can win the lotto and make a ton of money without working. Same thing. Everyone else who doesn't win the lotto, they have to earn their living. There is no solo content you can't already do with ease with whatever gear you have already.

And the so-called "hardcore elite" show their face.

No we don't have the same access, PvP have 4x or more the amount of UC that we do and Op's players have guaranteed gear drop tokens, Solo'ers only have GCC which is full on RNG.

Also read my posts a little closer and you will see I am only taking about Tier1 gear, BiS is practically impossible for us to even consider.

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

*If* they awarded it for both PvE and PvP activities at lower level, I'd be fine with it too. I'm just not okay with it being offered for PvP only. I feel that's elevating one part of the game above the others, and I don't think that should be done.

As someone else mentioned, it was before my time in the game, but the gear incentives that used to be offered in PvP were for gear that was for PvP play only. Now that there's universal gear that everyone needs, it's different.

It used to be that you couldn't ever get gear for PvE that had set bonuses and optimized stats without doing Operations. Now, you can get that gear doing every single activity in the game. I feel like there has never been a more equitable time in terms of gearing than now, even if it takes longer by certain methods. It used to never be possible at all by any other means but one. Thus, it does not bother me in the slightest if some ways are more efficient, there is access in every mode of play when there never has been before. For me, it doesn't need to be "equal" unless there is a reason to offer incentives to keep some mode of play available.

But I get that we don't agree about that. And, that's okay with me. To each their own, as long as it doesn't hurt the game play of others. Letting lowbie PvP die out just because everything needs to be "equal" would be bad for the game. The health of the game comes first, for me.

It used to be that you couldn't ever get gear for PvE that had set bonuses and optimized stats without doing Operations. Now, you can get that gear doing every single activity in the game. I feel like there has never been a more equitable time in terms of gearing than now, even if it takes longer by certain methods. It used to never be possible at all by any other means but one. Thus, it does not bother me in the slightest if some ways are more efficient, there is access in every mode of play when there never has been before. For me, it doesn't need to be "equal" unless there is a reason to offer incentives to keep some mode of play available.

But I get that we don't agree about that. And, that's okay with me. To each their own, as long as it doesn't hurt the game play of others. Letting lowbie PvP die out just because everything needs to be "equal" would be bad for the game. The health of the game comes first, for me.

Some of what the other people are getting is NOT equality

You ask the Woman that is getting 30% less in her salary because she isn't a Man. Nothing to do with how she works or what she does or how valuable she happens to be.

Sure it is better than what it was but you ask her if it is equal and if it is ok to stop here because it is "better" than what came before.

Just how healthy do you think this game would be if the Solo'ers quit out of frustration that the little content they are getting is gated behind Flash-Points that we don't have the gear to complete.

I know the Solo'er because I am one.

We care about the look of our character so are likely to spend quite a lot on the CM.

Most of us will be subbed

With RNG and a lack of UC earnings our best way to gear is the Masters Datacron which costs us real money

We will have a lot of alts because we enjoy the 1-50 game even if there is NO incentive to play it

I think I have made my point.

Unwarranted? Right now you can go into a PvP match and walk around in circles until you die and you still get awarded something at the end. It's not like any other game content where you don't get anything if you don't actually succeed. If you were truly concerned with people being rewarded for perfecting their craft in the game, losers in PvP wouldn't get anything. .

You are really quick to jump on anyone "bashing" your playstyle, but downright hateful about PvP. Sorry pot, but kettle's calling to tell you that you are both black. Here's another wake up call for you: you do not even DO PvP, but you're so certain this is what's going on during a match? Sorry, but stick to talking about what you know, because the following is absolutely correct:

Regarding PVP, if you walk in circles you what you will be earning will be far less than the players who aren't walking in circles and you will be gearing far slower than they are. So, yeah, there is a tremendous difference between those things and earning gear. You get what you earn. You wanna spend 20 minutes earning 5 UCs or would rather earn 20 UCs for those 20 minutes? Its about what you do and what you earn.

If you walk in circles, or go AFK and do not contribute, your rewards suffer for it. You get fewer medals or objectives points, and if anyone finds you they just kill you over and over (and thus earn MORE UCs for themselves). It absolutely affects the amount of UCs you get (cutting them drastically), so nobody is doing this to farm UCs unless they are utterly clueless.

I have never, in all my time of playing Warzones seen anyone who just walked around in circles during a match either. I've seen a lot of bad players, playing poorly or ignoring objectives and farming kills/DPS numbers, etc. I've seen people who went AFK during a match get vote kicked from the team, but I've never seen anyone EVER be richly rewarded for behaving like this, and you keep saying it but that doesn't make it true. Sorry, but I've just heard you repeat this enough times that I had to correct the error. Carry on.

No we don't have the same access, PvP have 4x or more the amount of UC that we do and Op's players have guaranteed gear drop tokens, Solo'ers only have GCC which is full on RNG.

Also read my posts a little closer and you will see I am only taking about Tier1 gear, BiS is practically impossible for us to even consider.

No it isn't "practially impossible". I have a multitude of 242 optimized sets, and 3 full sets of 248 gear and I got most of it doing heroics when the CXP values were particularly high for awhile.

I have tried to be cordial in our discussions with both you and IoNonSoEVero, but if you guys keep spouting nonsense that isn't true to try to bolster your argument, I'm going to call you on it eventually.

BiS gear is available to everyone, in ALL types of play. Saying otherwise is just not true. The only difference is the amount of time and effort you spend getting it, but you ARE NOT BLOCKED from getting 248 gear by any means. If you choose the slowest method to get it, that's your choice. But to act like it is impossible is just hyperbole and nonsense. And just like IoNonSoEVero's argument that you get tons of UCs for just running around in a circle doing nothing for PvP - repeating this nonsense will not make it true.

Sorry, I'm trying really hard to maintain civility, but it is hard to do when you guys keep repeating falsehoods. Hopefully you understand that I'm not trying to be hateful or pick a fight, but I'm not the type of person that can just ignore false information being spread around on the forums. After awhile, I have to do my best to correct that, for the good of anyone else reading it who might not know otherwise.

You are really quick to jump on anyone "bashing" your playstyle, but downright hateful about PvP. Sorry pot, but kettle's calling to tell you that you are both black. Here's another wake up call for you: you do not even DO PvP, but you're so certain this is what's going on during a match? Sorry, but stick to talking about what you know, because the following is absolutely correct:

If you walk in circles, or go AFK and do not contribute, your rewards suffer for it. You get fewer medals or objectives points, and if anyone finds you they just kill you over and over (and thus earn MORE UCs for themselves). It absolutely affects the amount of UCs you get (cutting them drastically), so nobody is doing this to farm UCs unless they are utterly clueless.

I have never, in all my time of playing Warzones seen anyone who just walked around in circles during a match either. I've seen a lot of bad players, playing poorly or ignoring objectives and farming kills/DPS numbers, etc. I've seen people who went AFK during a match get vote kicked from the team, but I've never seen anyone EVER be richly rewarded for behaving like this, and you keep saying it but that doesn't make it true. Sorry, but I've just heard you repeat this enough times that I had to correct the error. Carry on.

Lets talk numbers then since you are the expert.

WHen I earn a crate I might earn 4 UC if there is something to break down so that is 4 per crate and a crate takes half a planet, sometimes 2 thirds to earn it.

Now how many UC's does the PvP'er earn for ONE warzone where they do not contribute at all? The so-called Participation Trophy.

Some of what the other people are getting is NOT equality

You ask the Woman that is getting 30% less in her salary because she isn't a Man. Nothing to do with how she works or what she does or how valuable she happens to be.

Sure it is better than what it was but you ask her if it is equal and if it is ok to stop here because it is "better" than what came before.

Just how healthy do you think this game would be if the Solo'ers quit out of frustration that the little content they are getting is gated behind Flash-Points that we don't have the gear to complete.

I know the Solo'er because I am one.

We care about the look of our character so are likely to spend quite a lot on the CM.

Most of us will be subbed

With RNG and a lack of UC earnings our best way to gear is the Masters Datacron which costs us real money

We will have a lot of alts because we enjoy the 1-50 game even if there is NO incentive to play it

I think I have made my point.

Actually, the only point you are continuing to make is that you will go a long way to make ridiculous comparisons between Equal Pay for Equal Work and the Civil Rights Movement with gearing in a video game.

Go find any other MMO out there right now where you'd have any access to BiS gear at all. I dare you.

You DO NOT NEED BiS gear to do story chapters, even hard mode. Better than starter gear? Probably, but guess what, you have total access to it. Does it take you a little longer to get it? By your methods, probably yes. But based on the game's design, it should. It's intended to not be easy. In most other games, it's not even possible by just doing story quests.

But stop acting like it's some monumental life-changing thing. It's a video game and not at all in the same league with the equal rights arguments you are making, that actually HAVE meaning. This has no meaning at all and I hope you will quit being so hyperbolic at some point in this discussion. It's really over the top and dilutes any argument you might have because it makes you really hard to take seriously.

Lets talk numbers then since you are the expert.

WHen I earn a crate I might earn 4 UC if there is something to break down so that is 4 per crate and a crate takes half a planet, sometimes 2 thirds to earn it.

Now how many UC's does the PvP'er earn for ONE warzone where they do not contribute at all? The so-called Participation Trophy.

Now see, when you respond like this I'm glad to discuss it with you. I'm going to log into the game right now, do a PvP match and take a screen shot of my rewards after doing nothing but running around in a circle. That's if I can manage to do this without being vote-kicked from the match.

No it isn't "practially impossible". I have a multitude of 242 optimized sets, and 3 full sets of 248 gear and I got most of it doing heroics when the CXP values were particularly high for awhile.

In other words you used the bug, my respect for you is dropping with every reply you make.

I have tried to be cordial in our discussions with both you and IoNonSoEVero, but if you guys keep spouting nonsense that isn't true to try to bolster your argument, I'm going to call you on it eventually.

Just because you declare your argument to be true does not make it so.

BiS gear is available to everyone, in ALL types of play. Saying otherwise is just not true. The only difference is the amount of time and effort you spend getting it, but you ARE NOT BLOCKED from getting 248 gear by any means. If you choose the slowest method to get it, that's your choice. But to act like it is impossible is just hyperbole and nonsense. And just like IoNonSoEVero's argument that you get tons of UCs for just running around in a circle doing nothing for PvP - repeating this nonsense will not make it true.

One of the very first things I said was the grind for gear as a Solo'er was a much longer road than for anyone else and it is practically impossible (not literally) to get BiS gear by the time you need it or want it.

I would go so far as to say that you are lucky if you can even finish a Tier1 set during this time frame.

I have 4 characters that I used the Master Datacron on, all 4 of them are sitting on Odessen after finishing with Nathema, that is all story has been completed.

NONE of them have built a second set of Tier1 gear (I figured I could gear my other characters this way, at least the right side), what does that tell you?

Yes you are correct, it is a choice, it is my choice as this is the way I want to play and to come back to the statement from Bioware, you can play this game however you like. The sheer disadvantages of the "way I like" however were glossed over.

Sorry, I'm trying really hard to maintain civility, but it is hard to do when you guys keep repeating falsehoods. Hopefully you understand that I'm not trying to be hateful or pick a fight, but I'm not the type of person that can just ignore false information being spread around on the forums. After awhile, I have to do my best to correct that, for the good of anyone else reading it who might not know otherwise.

As am I, but the way you are cherry picking through my words to form lies for your argument is making that difficult. and I will not stand and watch this unfold.

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

In other words you used the bug, my respect for you is dropping with every reply you make.

So did Keith, head producer of the game. So you must disrespect him too. But this is you making it personal, and about me and your respect for me. This is why I suggested we not talk about this anymore and I shouldn't have even responded to you in the first place... even if it was to correct falsehoods you're trying to spread. You are making this personal, and it really doesn't have to be that way. (PS: I don't care whether your respect me or not, if you want the truth of the matter).

Just because you declare your argument to be true does not make it so.

There's the pot and kettle thing again. When your argument is that it is "impossible" to get BiS gear just playing story, and my argument is that crates drop giving you access to good quality gear AND UCs that can be used to make that gear into BiS so that does not make it "impossible" as you claim, then I would have to say that you've got it backwards here. It is perhaps more difficult than other avenues, but is NOT impossible... whose argument do you think more qualifies for "Just because you declare your argument to be true does not make it so." I'm quoting how the game works, facts. You're spouting emotional drivel and comparing your "plight" to the Civil Rights Movement. I'm fine with the way I've discussed these issues.

One of the very first things I said was the grind for gear as a Solo'er was a much longer road than for anyone else and it is practically impossible (not literally) to get BiS gear by the time you need it or want it.

I would go so far as to say that you are lucky if you can even finish a Tier1 set during this time frame.

I have 4 characters that I used the Master Datacron on, all 4 of them are sitting on Odessen after finishing with Nathema, that is all story has been completed.

NONE of them have built a second set of Tier1 gear (I figured I could gear my other characters this way, at least the right side), what does that tell you?

Yes you are correct, it is a choice, it is my choice as this is the way I want to play and to come back to the statement from Bioware, you can play this game however you like. The sheer disadvantages of the "way I like" however were glossed over.

There's that word again: "impossible". "You keeping using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means." (To quote The Princess Bride).

To answer your question: "What does that tell you", when a character who has only done story quests doesn't have a SECOND set of good quality gear with a set bonus is that the game is working as intended. But in no other game would you even get a single piece of gear like that for just story questing, so be thankful that SWTOR is so generous.

As am I, but the way you are cherry picking through my words to form lies for your argument is making that difficult. and I will not stand and watch this unfold.

You can sit and watch it unfold, if you like. As this is the first post of yours that I have split up and replied to individual statements of yours, but you've done so a multitude of times to mine, I'm thinking the cherry picking is being projected onto me when it better applies to you, actually. I once again feel pretty good about the side of this conversation that I'm on. I've stated facts, remained unemotional about the entire conversation, and have not stooped to insulting you personally, other than to say you're overly dramatic, which may be considered a personal insult perhaps... but you compared gearing in a video game to the Civil Rights Movement for crying out loud! I think it's accurate.

But I've corrected your misstatements enough and can see that it is for naught. So once again, I bid you adieu.

PS - I earned 20 UCs for the match that I barely participated in (though I did earn 3000 objective points because I couldn't just stand by doing nothing), and we also won the match. I got twice as many UCs (43, to be exact) for disintegrating the items from a Command Crate I got for doing a single Heroic mission after that. The PvP match took a lot more time and I had to group to do it. The heroic mission took me 3 minutes, my companion was the only other one around, and I got twice as many UCs out of the effort. I call bunk on your entire case. You have better access to good gear than you ever have before, and you don't even need it for the type of content you are playing. Be a happier person with your circumstances, it will serve you well. But know that if you don't choose to be a happier person and grateful for what you have instead of what you don't have, that will also be your choice and you have no one to blame for that but you.

Edited by PennyAnn

Apologies to all who are trying to suggest good Quality of Life updates to the game in this thread. I won't derail it with further conversation over one single suggestion and pull attention away from the multitude of good ideas and suggestions here any more than I already have.

UCs for lowbie PvP to encourage participation is an idea I agree with from this thread - but it is not the only nor even the best suggestion I've seen here, and so back to the real reason this thread exists.

Cheers!

Ohh okay, than that is totally my bad and I apologize. I didn't pick that up that it was only Tier 1. That's different.

And just for the record, it isn't Elitism. It's a "fair day's pay for a fair days work".

It may be, and I'm just postulating here, that people who haven't seen all the time and work and practice that goes into progression raiding groups [who have standards of performance that if you do not meet them you will be removed from the group for being able to meet the standards that are required for a minimum chance of a clears], and the credits that go into repair costs [ it costs about 40k to repair one peice of 248 BIS gear after being damage which is unavoidable, x that by 16, that's alot of credits]. People who aren't meeting the minimum standards are causing or partly so a wipe which than leads to repair costs. Each wipe and the repairs get worse.

It's a little different in PVP, PVP it's really all about personal skill and knowledge of what you are playing and to a somewhat lesser extent what other people are playing to know the best ways to fight them. Each person who doesn't carry thier weight contributes to a possible loss for the group and the lose than translates to less UCs being earned for the same amount of time than they would have recieved for a win.

That's the issue here, other people counting on each other to do their best and that effects how quickly they will than be able to gear themselves.

It's not about Elitism [well sometimes it is, but that's more in the respect of thinking you are more skilled than everyone else and they are beneath you, not about the work and time and practice that goes into it].

Group content does require a higher level of skill and knowledge because you are effecting everyone you play with and their own personal gearing times.

Simply put, it's harder content. It's like someone who works in an office as opposed to someone who works ploughing on a farm, the later is simply more demanding work.

Some people are A-Os and want to belittle people and that's where you get toxicity. I don't care how bad someone is, I'm not going to talk mean to them.

I don't think people who do solo content or easier content are worth less than players who so harder content. I do think that the best gear should be the reward for the hardest content though.

That in mind, they could give solo players full 242 gear in the mail for all I care. My comments, which were mistakenly said thinking it was 248 gear [people were saying BIS, which usually means the best , BIS = "best in slot"]. My comments were only regarding 248. For anything else, please withdraw my statements and I apologize for my oversight. That was my bad.

PS - I earned 20 UCs for the match that I barely participated in (though I did earn 3000 objective points because I couldn't just stand by doing nothing)

That's called a "carry". Sure, sometimes you might get lucky doing it that way, but if that sort of thing is done habitually and on purpose for easy UCs, players like that are looked down upon and if you get known for it, hello Toxicity everywhere you go. Not a good reputation to have, no one will want to play with someone like because they feel that person is taking advantage of them. That's a great way not to get heals when you need them heh.

Not saying your one of those people, but there are people like that and they don't get away with it for very long and the reputation stays with them. PVP is the most toxic place on earth. They remember, they respond, and they don't forgive. You probably know all this tho, you've been around a while. Just making the point for others so they don't think that's a good way to go about doing it. PVPers are animals sometimes heh and flaming is a way of life for some of them.

That's called a "carry". Sure, sometimes you might get lucky doing it that way, but if that sort of thing is done habitually and on purpose for easy UCs, players like that are looked down upon and if you get known for it, hello Toxicity everywhere you go. Not a good reputation to have, no one will want to play with someone like because they feel that person is taking advantage of them. That's a great way not to get heals when you need them heh.

Not saying your one of those people, but there are people like that and they don't get away with it for very long and the reputation stays with them. PVP is the most toxic place on earth. They remember, they respond, and they don't forgive. You probably know all this tho, you've been around a while. Just making the point for others so they don't think that's a good way to go about doing it. PVPers are animals sometimes heh and flaming is a way of life for some of them.

Correct, and it is not how I EVER act in a warzone. I did it this one time to make a point after being asked to "talk numbers" and prove that the UCs are not flowing hardcore to anybody who is just standing around doing nothing in a warzone.

In fact, it was so difficult for me to behave that way, I stole the enemy's pylon in Hypergates to win the match (thus 3000 objective points) despite doing little else the rest of the time.

This method of play is absolutely NOT suggested, will not usually be tolerated (you can and will be removed from warzones by vote kick, or everyone will leave the match when they see you in it if you get that type of reputation, as well as flame you mercilessly as Grim mentioned). I ONLY did this to be able to give an exact number of UCs earned, since some are under the misconception that they flow like water, even if you do nothing to participate in a match. Not true. Point would have been better proven if we would have lost, and if I had been able to help myself from staying in the tunnel under spawn the entire time (I just couldn't make myself do it!).

PS - I earned 20 UCs for the match that I barely participated in (though I did earn 3000 objective points because I couldn't just stand by doing nothing), and we also won the match. I got twice as many UCs (43, to be exact) for disintegrating the items from a Command Crate I got for doing a single Heroic mission after that. The PvP match took a lot more time and I had to group to do it. The heroic mission took me 3 minutes, my companion was the only other one around, and I got twice as many UCs out of the effort. I call bunk on your entire case. You have better access to good gear than you ever have before, and you don't even need it for the type of content you are playing. Be a happier person with your circumstances, it will serve you well. But know that if you don't choose to be a happier person and grateful for what you have instead of what you don't have, that will also be your choice and you have no one to blame for that but you.

The rest of your hyperbole aside as it means sweet fa.

You earned 20 UC for doing NOTHING.

I played for half to two thirds of a planet to net ONE crate that supplied me with 4 UC.

20 for doing NOTHING in PvP

4 for playing through half a planet in PvE

Oh yes that is so very fair, I see it now.......

Your numbers have just proven my argument.

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

I see the egoists are still throwing around their epeens.. This is not helping the splits and divides between the player groups at all, and is not the thread for it anyway.

Kind of sad to see a good thread with pretty decent ideas turn into a bickering fest! Not that I haven't done it before, I'm sure I have...Oh well, maybe I'm not one to talk.

:d_cool:

Edited by Eshvara

PS - I earned 20 UCs for the match that I barely participated in (though I did earn 3000 objective points because I couldn't just stand by doing nothing), and we also won the match. I got twice as many UCs (43, to be exact) for disintegrating the items from a Command Crate I got for doing a single Heroic mission after that. The PvP match took a lot more time and I had to group to do it. The heroic mission took me 3 minutes, my companion was the only other one around, and I got twice as many UCs out of the effort

(snip)

I don't want to get into the rest of it, but this is simply not possible. One heroic gives you, IIRC, 225 CXP if you're at Tier IV. You need thousands of CXP in order to get one Command Crate (it's about 5450 CXP for Tier IV right now, off the top of my head). So you can't earn a crate just by doing one heroic in the first place. Even on double CXP you wouldn't get there.

ETA: the crates you earn from heroics are the *Alliance* crates and they have NO UCs, just random stuff you can keep or vendor. If you're lucky you might get a cute pet or vehicle and there's a companion gift, but there isn't any thing giving UCs. There isn't a disintegrate option at all for the Alliance specialist crates.

In every Command Crate there is ONE item,and only one, that can be disintegrated for UCs. The most UCs you can get for a gold GEMINI item at Tier IV is either 9 or 10. That's it. If you're at a lower tier the items give you less UCs when they are disintegrated. There's no way you pulled 43 UCs out of a single Command Crate unless you had some kind of very lucky error.

But I agree with the others that this thread has been derailed, I've had a part in that, I apologize, and I've said my piece on this issue. Back to suggestions, and I won't reply to this topic again.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

It should not take one type of preferred playstyle longer to obtain something then another type of preferred playstyle.

Thats like saying one persons fun and enjoyment of how they play is more important than another's. Its not, everyones enjoyment is equal. Everyone's time is also equal in value around work, family and other real life commitments.

It shouldn't take longer just because someone prefers a different style of play. It should be equal opportunity for everyones precious time and effort.