The (unofficial) Quality of Life Thread

Zerileth

I don't think I have seen this suggestion in this thread but it's been in the Suggestion Box at least once or twice:

Let us sort our strongholds. Right now on my stronghold pages, the very first one listed is the one I NEVER USE and haven't even bothered really decorating, and two of my favorites are listed on the second page. I'd like a way to sort these in my own order so my favorites are on the front page and easier to get to.

Also it would be nice to have a quickbar slot for my favorite stronghold so I can jump back to it quickly.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other thing I would love- a character reset token.

One that simply resets the entire story and choices so you can go back and replay it all while maintaining your current level (reg and command) and maintains your achievements, gear, crafting etc.

Edited by Suzsi

Add CXP and Unassembled Components as rewards in low and mid pvp. Then make them bound until the character reaches lvl70.

I am sorry but you can't have this, not unless they also add CXP and Unassembled Components to PvE from level one also.

PvP already has far too much over PvE as it is now without this change.

It does? Do tell.

C'mon its clear as day

I hate PvP with a passion of a thousand Tattooine suns but when I was forced to participate to get those two companions, I went in there and just stood around waiting for it to be over.

I earnt a huge amount of CXP and components just doing that, double, triple, quadruple more.... than I ever could running any PvE aspect of the game for the same amount of time. I am not talking OP's or FP's I am talking the basic PvE mechanic of the entire game.

That to me shows how unbalanced PvP rewarding is.

C'mon its clear as day

I hate PvP with a passion of a thousand Tattooine suns but when I was forced to participate to get those two companions, I went in there and just stood around waiting for it to be over.

I earnt a huge amount of CXP and components just doing that, double, triple, quadruple more.... than I ever could running any PvE aspect of the game for the same amount of time. I am not talking OP's or FP's I am talking the basic PvE mechanic of the entire game.

That to me shows how unbalanced PvP rewarding is.

If you hate pvp so much, why do you even care what is rewarded? It’s not like people will stop playing pve stuff to just go pvp to get rewards and never play pve again? So it won’t affect you at all. I can’t see why you have a problem with incentivising people to play lowbie and mid tier pvp, which has died since they removed pvp Comms as you lvl’d up.

The only way they can breath life back in to the low-mid tier pvp corpse, is to make really good incentives to play it.

Adding UCs would be nearly the same as when we had pvp Comms, which actually worked to get people playing those brackets.

More bank slots, like the Guild ones have, would help in this situation and so would more tabs. 6 bays isn’t enough, especially for legacy bank.

I agree, more legacy storage space would be nice. Craft mats do take up a lot of space, then there's legacy gear, cartel items you have claimed before you had the present system. GTN items brought. I think this is one of the few things I agree with TrixxieTriss on. Of cause it needs to be viable for BW to be able to do extra tabs. If it could be done then for me personally this is the only QOL item I want. How many extra tabs? Well as many as BW can add without hindering game play.

My personal "Dirty Dozen" Most desired QoL Additions:

1. All currencies on the currency tab made available legacy-wide.

2. All currencies not yet on the currency tab added there and made legacy-wide (please quit asking us to store tokens!)

3. Be able to sort our character list and keep the order no matter who we log in/out last.

4. Be able to sort our Stronghold list and keep the order no matter where we log in/out last.

5. Remove all "travel to Stronghold" restrictions from all areas. This would mean you could be summoned via flagship from any area as well.

6. Add tabs similar to the outfit designer for equipped gear so that if we want to respec from one role to the other, we just click the tab with that role's gear and "apply". Add the ability to use this for PvP gear also, and to name the tabs with a custom name so we would know which gear set is which.

7. Add the ability to save ability bars in the UI system. We can save everything else about a custom UI, just add that our abilities would appear in the same place as they are in that UI selection when we choose it and "apply" it from the Interface menu.

8. Weapons as part of the outfit designer - either individually or as part of an outfit. Limit this to only the weapon type your class/spec can use, but also give us the option to show NO weapon on our characters (like for sorcerers that never use them anyway). There are weapon draws built into some of the animations for weapons we are not even equipping, so use those types of animations when necessary but let us not have to carry around a "stat stick" that we never use otherwise.

9. Allow us to make custom titles for our Strongholds, or at the very least give us some categories to choose that indicate the type of stronghold it is (not all are used as a "residence").

10. Allow all hooks in a Stronghold's layout to be converted to any other type of hook that would fit that space. For example - All Starship hooks should be able to be converted into a set of large hooks that cover the same amount of area, or medium hooks that also cover the same amount of area. Better yet - just make the entire floor/wall/ceiling space of all Strongholds a grid and let us put decorations of any size wherever we wish.

11. Add a new storage type just for crafting materials that is legacy-wide (a legacy bank for crafting materials only). It should have the same number of tabs as there are material types such that each material type can be stored together or not, but there is room for all of it.

12. Add more tabs to all storage in the game: Cargo, Legacy, and Guild bays. As the game gets older, there is just more and more stuff that we need to store (especially if they keep adding currencies like Unassembled Components, etc.). Every time a new rank of crafting materials comes out, that is just more stuff to store. It's time to expand our storage space and future proof the situation a little bit.

Edited by PennyAnn

If you hate pvp so much, why do you even care what is rewarded? It’s not like people will stop playing pve stuff to just go pvp to get rewards and never play pve again? So it won’t affect you at all. I can’t see why you have a problem with incentivising people to play lowbie and mid tier pvp, which has died since they removed pvp Comms as you lvl’d up.

The only way they can breath life back in to the low-mid tier pvp corpse, is to make really good incentives to play it.

Adding UCs would be nearly the same as when we had pvp Comms, which actually worked to get people playing those brackets.

I don't care what people will do, it doesn't matter if they decide to play PvE or PvP.

What Bioware give with one hand they take from elsewhere with the other this is what I care about.

Every gain in PvP is at the detriment of PvE

I am glad one aspect of PvP is dead, I hope the rest of it follows suit and yes that is selfish but Bioware have proven they cannot be fair to both, just look at the ridiculous attempts at "balancing" the classes because of whining PvP'ers that have destroyed some of them for PvE play, that alone is more than enough reason to want this rot cut out of the game.

So I will never stand by while PvP gets even more boosting not unless PvE gets the same boost.

So I reiterate, no incentive for lowbie PvP unless there is also CXP and Components for PvE lvl1 - 50 questing.

This is the only reason I and quite a number of others buy Masters Datacrons so we can play the entire game and earn CXP and Components and I don't see why I should have to pay 2000+ coins per character to achieve this and you just get it for free.

I hope you can see that what you ask, it very much effects me and other PvE'ers.

Add CXP and Unassembled Components as rewards in low and mid pvp. Then make them bound until the character reaches lvl70.

If they want to offer more incentives for lowbie PvP - great, but I don't think CXP and UCs should be available to any character who isn't a Level 70.

Right now PvP already has the jump on earning unassembled components. According to this, PvP players are awarded UCs simply for showing up, whether they win or lose (http://dulfy.net/2017/01/23/swtor-patch-5-1-gearing-guide/). And they also earn CXP for matches. It's far easier to earn enough UCs to really gear up.

For me as a PvE/solo player to get UCs, I have to get over 5000 in CXP at Tier IV, just to get ONE crate from which I can recover 7-9 UCs. For the lower Tiers that's even less UCs per crate. Considering that each piece of BiS gear takes between 575-800 UCs, this takes a while. The only mission I have ever earned UCs from is the Sith Warrior mission to recruit Pierce, and that is simply because Sith Warriors are exempted from the PvP requirement there and are given the UCs they would have earned from that.

And PvE/solo players do still need to gear up because of the way the current content is designed. Going through the most recent flashpoints with a character in GEMINI vs. Eternal Commander gear is a world of difference.

So I don't think that PvP players need any additional ways to earn UCs, I'm sorry. They already have more than PvE in this respect.

Fix some of the failed animated kiss scenes. My Twi'lek warrior kisses Quinn several inches from his face. My Jedi is the same when kissing Kira. For once have Theron kiss my characters by pulling them in to him instead of the slow come together for the sweet kiss all the time!! Let my guys who romance Lana do the same!

Put companions back on our ships or allow us to recall which ones we want on our ships. For example, my counselor is missing Tharan Cedrax, Zenith, and Nadia. Until they come back, if they ever do, allow us to put other companions on our ships.

Bound items such as non-cartel clothing, weapons, or crystals be remembered in the game so I can vendor them but still be able to recall them and dress my character up if I want. It will save on legacy space - or grant us more slots in our storage.

Increase decoration space in our strongholds. I have whole rooms that are just empty or have one item placed even with all rooms unlocked.

Unlocks like speeders, decorations, emotes, companion customizations, titles - just make them unlocked per account the first time instead of paying more cartel coins.

If my character turns down an original love interest marriage proposal it is because they are ending the relationship. We should have three options: 1. Marriage, 2. Let's just be boyfriend/girlfriend only, 3. It's over, sorry.

Also, not saying you have to rewrite dialog choices, but you can code it for example: Jedi Counselor gets proposal by Felix and says, "Sorry I care about you but we cannot be together." That should be the indicator to end that relationship. That is a dialog choice and I have selected that but yet the game still considers the two characters together. I got letters from him saying he talked to the Jedi Council about "us" (which really bugged me) and after KOTET had to go through another break up scene with the guy!

Put indicator warnings when a romance is ending, starting or will be lost forever in original stories. For example, my first smuggler told drunk Corso to sleep it off because I was pretty put off by his advances but had no idea that would kill the romance forever. A warning on that would have been nice.

Fix some of the failed animated kiss scenes. My Twi'lek warrior kisses Quinn several inches from his face. My Jedi is the same when kissing Kira. For once have Theron kiss my characters by pulling them in to him instead of the slow come together for the sweet kiss all the time!! Let my guys who romance Lana do the same!

Maybe your character just can not kiss properly. :D:sul_tongue:

this.

1. Quickbars for each spec. (or at least the ability to save placement and reload them a la UI/Keybind settings)

2. Dismount keybind.

/claps Thats I've been saying all these years!!

Also:

1- Add a legacy perk "discover all maps". I play this game for 4 years (30k achiev) and still need to discover maps with lowbies. Belsavis and Voss are the worst.

2- Add a LFG chat for everyone. It sucks have to go to the fleet everyday and wait for ppl spam chat. A nice addition to GF

3- Let us search for cross factions on /who. And add them to friend list. It annoying you have to logging to other side to see friends online.

4- Sronghold Dummy. And a dummy for healers. (and itens to increase their dmg if you want to). Ppl said companions dummy. Nice one

5- Fix mimimap colors if ppl are stacking. (you cannot see how many are there if stacked on pvp nodes)

6- Bring back old AOE marker on the ground. This new one looks so Playstation 1.

Edited by Pazuzuh

I don't care what people will do, it doesn't matter if they decide to play PvE or PvP.

What Bioware give with one hand they take from elsewhere with the other this is what I care about.

Every gain in PvP is at the detriment of PvE

I am glad one aspect of PvP is dead, I hope the rest of it follows suit and yes that is selfish but Bioware have proven they cannot be fair to both, just look at the ridiculous attempts at "balancing" the classes because of whining PvP'ers that have destroyed some of them for PvE play, that alone is more than enough reason to want this rot cut out of the game.

So I will never stand by while PvP gets even more boosting not unless PvE gets the same boost.

So I reiterate, no incentive for lowbie PvP unless there is also CXP and Components for PvE lvl1 - 50 questing.

This is the only reason I and quite a number of others buy Masters Datacrons so we can play the entire game and earn CXP and Components and I don't see why I should have to pay 2000+ coins per character to achieve this and you just get it for free.

I hope you can see that what you ask, it very much effects me and other PvE'ers.

Speaking as another PvE'er... no it doesn't. You do not speak for me and being selfish about what one portion of the game gets over another probably doesn't really speak for anybody but you.

I would LOVE to see them do something to reward lowbie/midbie PvP. No one should have to wonder if it will EVER pop.

If they want to offer more incentives for lowbie PvP - great, but I don't think CXP and UCs should be available to any character who isn't a Level 70.

Right now PvP already has the jump on earning unassembled components. According to this, PvP players are awarded UCs simply for showing up, whether they win or lose (http://dulfy.net/2017/01/23/swtor-patch-5-1-gearing-guide/). And they also earn CXP for matches. It's far easier to earn enough UCs to really gear up.

For me as a PvE/solo player to get UCs, I have to get over 5000 in CXP at Tier IV, just to get ONE crate from which I can recover 7-9 UCs. For the lower Tiers that's even less UCs per crate. Considering that each piece of BiS gear takes between 575-800 UCs, this takes a while. The only mission I have ever earned UCs from is the Sith Warrior mission to recruit Pierce, and that is simply because Sith Warriors are exempted from the PvP requirement there and are given the UCs they would have earned from that.

And PvE/solo players do still need to gear up because of the way the current content is designed. Going through the most recent flashpoints with a character in GEMINI vs. Eternal Commander gear is a world of difference.

So I don't think that PvP players need any additional ways to earn UCs, I'm sorry. They already have more than PvE in this respect.

As a solo player, you do not have any need whatsoever for BiS gear. There is a reason that the portions of the game that make active use of this gear get it faster. If you want to play an MMO by yourself, that's up to you but expect it to take longer than those of us who interact with the rest of the population and play the group portions of the game.

As a solo player, you do not have any need whatsoever for BiS gear. There is a reason that the portions of the game that make active use of this gear get it faster. If you want to play an MMO by yourself, that's up to you but expect it to take longer than those of us who interact with the rest of the population and play the group portions of the game.

Actually, as mentioned, yes, solo players do need BiS gear. The Umbara, Copero and Nathema flashpoints are designed for people wearing very high level gear, solo players or not, and those bosses have Ops-style mechanics. You can't even queue for Umbara unless your item rating is 242, and I think Copero and Nathema may have the same requirements.

BiS gear isn't just intended for PvP.

I know it's trendy to bash solo players, but people who "interact with the rest of the population" in lowbie flashpoints and uprisings, or group up for heroics, don't get UCs. People who go into an Ops and don't complete it don't get UCs. Whereas in PvP everyone gets a participation trophy.

So now they're supposed to be even more special that they should get things intended for Level 70s when they're not? No. You already earn UCs faster. No need to accelerate that above the rest of the community even more.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Actually, as mentioned, yes, solo players do need BiS gear. The Umbara, Copero and Nathema flashpoints are designed for people wearing very high level gear, solo players or not, and those bosses have Ops-style mechanics. You can't even queue for Umbara unless your item rating is 242, and I think Copero and Nathema may have the same requirements.

BiS gear isn't just intended for PvP.

I know it's trendy to bash solo players, but people who "interact with the rest of the population" in lowbie flashpoints and uprisings, or group up for heroics, don't get UCs. People who go into an Ops and don't complete it don't get UCs. Whereas in PvP everyone gets a participation trophy.

So now they're supposed to be even more special that they should get things intended for Level 70s when they're not? No. You already earn UCs faster. No need to accelerate that above the rest of the community even more.

1 - If you are queueing, you are not playing solo... you are playing with other people.

2 - Item Rating 242 is not "BiS".

3 - I never said that BiS gear was just intended for PvP and nothing else. It is also used by the Nightmare capable raiding community (of which I used to be a part, up until about the middle of 4.0). So I'm pretty aware of where BiS gear is required and where it is not. You said "solo", meaning that you were playing by yourself (perhaps with a companion). There is nothing that you can play completely by yourself or with just a companion that requires BiS gear. If you are queueing to play with other players, that is not solo.

I am not trying to "bash" you or any other solo player. I think I am just not understanding what you mean when you say "Solo". Grouping with others is not solo play. And those who group for "lowbie flashpoints and uprisings, or group up for heroics, don't get UCs" - but they also do not need them for those activities. However they do get them in the Command Crates that they earn from doing those activities... so that's not entirely accurate, but I think I know what you meant. [Edited to add: Though if you posted in a thread that people should be rewarded with UCs for doing those activities, particularly if they were struggling to maintain activity, I'm pretty sure I'd agree with you, too. But, I cannot determine what activities reward UCs and don't, I just support more encouragement for playing all parts of the game.]

You seem awfully bitter about PvP, so I'm sorry if something I said tripped your trigger. I merely agree that lowbie PvP is an important part of the game and should be encouraged by whatever reasonable means necessary to keep it going. We obviously disagree about what is "reasonable". I don't consider any one group of players more "special" than the rest, but obviously we don't agree about that either.

You are also lumping me into a category that I don't really belong. Honestly, I don't even play this game much anymore and my sub will be expiring here soon. But when I did actively play this game, I played all parts of it - Raiding, PvP, and yes... STORY. I have 84 level 70 characters on Satele Shan server, and 80% or so of them were played through their entire class story. I'm not really a "solo" player, but I don't play MMOs to play alone, I play single player games for that. But that doesn't mean there isn't room for both types of people in SWTOR, in my opinion.

I feel that a small amount of UCs would not be any more unreasonable than the old PvP gearing system used to be. In case you weren't aware (dunno if you participate in PvP at all but I'm guessing no): You used to be able to get tokens that you could use to gear head to toe in PvP once you reached level 65 or 70 (if you did enough lowbie PvP, and that's what made it reasonable to me - it wasn't free, you had to queue up and participate in warzone matches). It was that way for years. No one from the "solo" player community ever complained about it then, so I'm not sure why it would be different now. I guess the difference is now that the gear pool is the same for both, more people are paying attention to how to get it.

But just because I agree with the notion doesn't mean I'm trying to "bash" on anybody. There are pretty clear gear requirements for certain parts of the game, and that's not an insult, it's just a fact.

Sorry if what I said rubbed you the wrong way. It wasn't intended to do so, but rather to point out that shooting down one part of the player base never works out well for anyone in the end, and certain parts of the game need more encouragement to remain viable than others. I don't have a problem with that, but we can agree to disagree here if that's necessary.

Edited by PennyAnn

I feel that a small amount of UCs would not be any more unreasonable than the old PvP gearing system used to be. In case you weren't aware (dunno if you participate in PvP at all but I'm guessing no): You used to be able to get tokens that you could use to gear head to toe in PvP once you reached level 65 or 70 (if you did enough lowbie PvP, and that's what made it reasonable to me - it wasn't free, you had to queue up and participate in warzone matches). It was that way for years. No one from the "solo" player community ever complained about it then, so I'm not sure why it would be different now. I guess the difference is now that the gear pool is the same for both, more people are paying attention to how to get it.

We didn't complain because we used to get Crystals and by lvl70 or whatever it was we also had almost enough for a complete set of gear. We didn't get the whole set because Crystals topped out at 1000 and the full set was about 1200 from memory.

So we didn't complain because we didn't have to, you got, and we got. that is good.

What is not good is if they get and we don't as was the original proposal that started this argument which I vehemently oppose.

As for your other argument.

Solo'ers have as much RIGHT to be geared in BiS as every other type of player. I pay just as much, in fact a lot more than most, to play this game so you bet your backside it is my RIGHT to be in BiS if I so desire, need is irrelevant.

Oh and I never said I was speaking for you or implied it.

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

No one from the "solo" player community ever complained about it then, so I'm not sure why it would be different now. I guess the difference is now that the gear pool is the same for both, more people are paying attention to how to get it.

[/color]

You answered your own question there, solo players never complained before because the gear you used to get had too much of a useless stat "expertise" utterly useless outside of PvP situations for most players, now there is zero difference between the gear there is no reason to give PvP players any UC's before level 70 just like every other play style in the game.

You answered your own question there, solo players never complained before because the gear you used to get had too much of a useless stat "expertise" utterly useless outside of PvP situations for most players, now there is zero difference between the gear there is no reason to give PvP players any UC's before level 70 just like every other play style in the game.

Except there is a reason: so that people are encouraged to continue playing that part of the game. Same reason they put crafting materials in Ranked PvP matches. Same reason they put rewards in any category of content - to encourage people to participate. It's maybe not the absolute best suggestion to encourage participation, but it's one of the few I've heard anyone make, and I'm in support of keeping this part of the game as... well, part of the game.

We didn't complain because we used to get Crystals and by lvl70 or whatever it was we also had almost enough for a complete set of gear. We didn't get the whole set because Crystals topped out at 1000 and the full set was about 1200 from memory.

So we didn't complain because we didn't have to, you got, and we got. that is good.

What is not good is if they get and we don't as was the original proposal that started this argument which I vehemently oppose.

As for your other argument.

Solo'ers have as much RIGHT to be geared in BiS as every other type of player. I pay just as much, in fact a lot more than most, to play this game so you bet your backside it is my RIGHT to be in BiS if I so desire, need is irrelevant.

Oh and I never said I was speaking for you or implied it.

The PvP gear also had set bonuses on it. The PvE gear you bought from vendors with crystals did not, and was poorly optimized. So it wasn't exactly the same. But it was good enough for the content you would run wearing that gear, as supported by your statement.

Why is that any different now? The gear you got for PvP was better than the gear you got for PvE via vendors, and you could min/max it to be really pretty decent. Nobody complained about that. And look, you are still "getting". In fact, you are "getting" better than you have ever had it in the history of this game. You would absolutely never in a million years have had access to this gear without running operations or participating in PvP, and certainly not at the levels that they give you in crates or via vendors using UCs. So you're still getting better than ever. I just don't understand all the vitriol personally.

Making this about your "right" to gear is so over the top that I'm not even going to go there. :rolleyes:

If it's your "right", then do the content to get it just like everyone else. You will hear no argument from me.

Edited by PennyAnn

Except there is a reason: so that people are encouraged to continue playing that part of the game. Same reason they put crafting materials in Ranked PvP matches. Same reason they put rewards in any category of content - to encourage people to participate. It's maybe not the absolute best suggestion to encourage participation, but it's one of the few I've heard anyone make, and I'm in support of keeping this part of the game as... well, part of the game.

Not really your reason is purely down to not enough people playing lowbie it needs incentive's to do it but there is nothing special about lowbie pvp that warrants "special attention" over other areas of the game.

Take 2 players for example under your suggestion:

Player 1 will level 1-70 mostly through Pvp

Player 2 will level 1-70 through other areas and plans to do master mode chapters and HM flashpoints at level cap.

Player 2 will reach level 70 without any UC's or command tokens while player 1 will have lots of UC's and while still needing command tokens they are gained at a much faster rate than UC's.

There is no reason why this play style should be "prioritized" either nobody should get UC's pre level 70 or UC's come from other areas such as heroics, flash points though especially with the incoming PvP changes, warzones will still be the perferred method.

Edited by Jedi_riches