The (unofficial) Quality of Life Thread

Zerileth

1) Please allow fast/quick travel from spaceports. It's soooooo annoying.:eek:

2) Please turn on all eye colors for all races. FPS, (Pete:p) mounts can defy gravity but humans can't have purple eyes?

3) Please leave Double/Double on. The game is so much smoother/ more fun. Bring back the red token thing for those that want to turn it off. Options!

4) Please turn on all tatoos/scars/slave brands for all races.

*Ok some are cosmetic but I'll think of more. :cool:

Edited by Zerileth

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please -

1. Make legacy bank slots the same size as guild bank slots or give us more legacy bank tabs

2. Allow us to sort the character login page. Ie sort Mara’s, sort lvl, sort faction, sort crafters, etc

I’ll add more as I think of them

Edited by TrixxieTriss

2. Allow us to sort the character login page. Ie sort mara’s, sort lvl, sort faction, sort crafters, etc

this.

Also,

1. Quickbars for each spec. (or at least the ability to save placement and reload them a la UI/Keybind settings)

2. Dismount keybind.

Edited by BarbarikDave

1) Give us feature to create quickbar profiles, so we can save and load slotted skills/items as well as utility builds.

2) Make social features server wide: Adding a character to friend list adds account to friend list / ignores account; inviting one character to guild invites all characters to guild etc...

3) Remove/increase roster cap from guilds (count legacies only).

4) Allow us to join multiple guilds at same time so we can set one active and switch on fly if we want (cap at 5?).

5) Allow all emotes in account collections to automatically unlock for all characters on the account.

6) Allow sorting characters on character page and sorting strongholds on stronghold page (manual sort, by name, by class, by faction, by date etc...).

7) Add Master Uprising to activities group finder window.

8) Speed up one time password email arrival.

Edited by BoySaber

2) Make social features server wide: Adding a character to friend list adds account to friend list / ignores account; inviting one character to guild invites all characters to guild etc...

"Friend his whole account" MUST MUST MUST MUST send an invite to the player and can only be done when the player is on-line. If the other player refuses the invite, no friendship at all. AND there must be a way to "hide" that you are online once you have been friended like that. If someone can secretly friend all my characters just by friending one, he can stalk me effortlessly.

On the other hand, I have no problem with "if I friend him on this character, I automatically as part of that friend him on all my others."

What happens if you "whole-legacy invite" my one non-guilded character? What happens to my other characters?

They are :rolleyes:

They aren't. Only Seeker droid heroics are.

You need 4 people to push buttons in Macrobinoculars's The Shroud’s Last Stand/The Shroud Revealed.

In addition to all awesome suggestions:

1) Legacy planets maps.

2) Addition to sort characters request: custom sort/pin

3) Saved search for GTN would be cool

4) Legacy wide crafting storage. I like this feature in ESO, and really miss it.

Finally fix group finder so people joining group finder ops in progress can see the ops chat. AFAIK it's working as designed but it does not fulfill any purpose except make things needlessly more difficult.

Decouple ©xp and conquest bonuses from group finder ops, either remove completely or give the bonus for that op even when entering manually. Alternatively you could make it so that if group finder formed group loses people someone can be invited to the group and still receive the bonuses. As it is now it is difficult to get replacements even when you have people who WANT to join that group because of the mess of having people with proper roles etc. I personally find it far easier to do pug HM ops because the group finder is tedious, buggy and basically working against me instead of for me.

"Friend his whole account" MUST MUST MUST MUST send an invite to the player and can only be done when the player is on-line. If the other player refuses the invite, no friendship at all. AND there must be a way to "hide" that you are online once you have been friended like that. If someone can secretly friend all my characters just by friending one, he can stalk me effortlessly.

On the other hand, I have no problem with "if I friend him on this character, I automatically as part of that friend him on all my others."

What happens if you "whole-legacy invite" my one non-guilded character? What happens to my other characters?

Well said, accepting/rejecting friend requests should be a thing, as well as online status options for online, don't disturb, afk, invisible, and no stealth adding friends in secret.

If inviting your character invites your entire legacy, but you still want to play a character without guild, just don't set any guild active? They could have that option too. Activate one of the guilds you joined, and you will gain access to their stronghold, guild bank, guild chat, guild roster, your conquest points will contribute to the active guild, you will gain xp/rep bonus from the active guild. But for those who want to deactivate guild will lose access to all of it and play as never joined until they decide to switch back if they do.

Edited by BoySaber

1) Give us feature to create quickbar profiles, so we can save and load slotted skills/items as well as utility builds.

^ this

Plus, multiple gear tabs to so armor sets for different spec don't need to take inventory space.

They are :rolleyes:

I believe the poster is referring to the final Shroud mission, which unless I missed a patch note, still has a couple 4 person checkpoint spots required for completion of the story arc. The rest can be soloed with varying difficulty depending on class.

1) Stackable Superior CXP Boosts

2) Less Convoluted / Complicated Gearing System for 6.0

I had no idea when I first hit max level that set bonus was tied to just the armor piece. Add on to that the visual bug. Add on to that the going back and forth b/t vendors on the fleet to upgrade / trade up.

3) Minor and not that important, but -- allow more characters to be viewed on select screen or let us arrange order.

Dasty

Yes. A faction-wide player based friend and ignore list is a good QoL idea.

But if the friend / ignore system gets redesigned to automatically include entire legacies, that's a game breaker for me. Even if you implement a Do Not Disturb feature, a friend might see your character and still get feelings hurt (if they know who you are because of legacy friending. The current system allows for anonymity that isn't compromised. Any changes should respect that.

1) Stackable Superior CXP Boosts

Dasty

This would be nice and while on the subject, improve stacking in general. There are still old items that can only be stacked in small amounts. I would like to see any crafting material allowed to be stacked beyond 9999. Also, it would be nice if some things that are not bound could be stacked like in the item stash (just not for the GTN or trading).

All emotes once unlocked for account in collections should automatically be active for all account characters without having to claim them. I have seen requests for a "claim all" button, but you'd still have to log into every single toon to claim all every time you buy a new emote unlock. There is no logical reason why a player that pays for the account unlock wouldn't want the emote available for every character.

Also Toys should work like abilities so when unlocked on a character, we don't have to carry them in our inventory to use them.

It amuses me to read this and then recall the time when they only stacked up to 99.

Yeah. I remember when people used to only loot one item out of gathering nodes on planets, leaving the other less useful items there for the poor sap that comes along later. Nobody could afford to fill up their storage with too many stacks of anything.

The problem lies as the game goes forward, more and more items are added to the game that have to be stored. Every once in awhile solutions should be considered to help the overall game performance. We could add more bays or just let people keep making more storage characters or we can increase stacking.

I could be wrong, but wouldn't increasing stack sizes reduce the strain of tracking multiple smaller stacks? For example:

I like to move all my crafting mats gathered from the current player to my legacy storage when I'm about to log out. I don't really have extra room in legacy storage for multiple stacks of mats. If I have a certain Mat up to 9999, I then have to store smaller stacks in the cargo holds or inventories of the characters that gathered them. So not only is the game tracking my one legacy stack, but also my several toons that gather that material each have a small stack that is also being tracked by the game.

Anyway, maybe the reason for the 9999 limit is because a 5th digit won't fit nicely into the icon. I don't know.

You've already listed most of my favorite suggestions. I'll add (or maybe already up there):

1) training dummy stonghold deco (want to be able to use my companions)

2) a training dummy that hits back!

3) sort my (too) many comps in that window. Heck, give me a checkbox to make them invisible

4) make every identical item stackable. Not only saves space, but lets me know when I already have 5 Arkanian Knight cuffs

Stop autoplay on the KOTXX chapters when you're playing through the story. It's my game and I should be able to go at my own pace, not one set for me.

Thanks!

Or better yet, give us an options to auto-play the chapters, or to not auto-play, even when replaying the chapters.

There are times when the auto-play is fine but we should have the options to "Stop" auto-play or "Start" auto-play on demand.

I know when I replay the chapters, sometimes I would like to be able to Que up a few chapters and let them auto-play instead of stopping and starting a new chapter. Then there are times when I only want to replay one chapter and not several in a row.

The same is true for the first run through the chapters. There are times when it is necessary to "Stop" auto-play.