Why will I quit this game once my sub expires

I don't expect that some of BW or EA will notice it or will care about it, but Robert, from Customer Service ruined my experience of this game and this company. I was a sub in 2013-2016, I had a break and when I've returned I found many of my companions naked and without their weapons. Some of my chars have received mails with companions' gear, but others haven't. Not to mention BW lost 2 of my CM items while combining the servers. I tried to be patient in the conversation with Robert, I didn't raise my voice or use explicit language, but Robert was stubborn and uncomprehending, he refused to admit, that BW messed the things up. He hasn't even apologized for the delays in the replies and refused to refund anything, while his colleagues in EA customer service are always welcoming, benevolent and ready to help. In the end I haven't got any of lost items back (btw I even attached a screenshot with the proof of ordering CM item) and it was unnoticed. I want to say, that I had plans to stay with the game till the end, but now, with my ruined impression of your game and company, I will just quit. Also I forgot to mention, that I've always been a valuable player, who was donating and inviting completely new players to the project, who later would become subs and that's how you repaid me. Thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go over the reps head to his superiors and if they still wouldn't refund me my cm items, I would file a complaint with the better business bureau.

Most people are able to get their items back -- that is, where they are clear, courteous, and able to provide sufficient detail. Many people with this approach report CS to be generally good in this game. Judging solely from the nature of the original post, I don't think that happened here...

Most people are able to get their items back -- that is, where they are clear, courteous, and able to provide sufficient detail. Many people with this approach report CS to be generally good in this game. Judging solely from the nature of the original post, I don't think that happened here...

You can't gauge a persons initial reaction from a complaint. By this time they have already exhausted their avenues and are frustrated and upset, so of course that's going to come through in their post. Patience after all is finite. He might've been very polite in his initial tickets but just had the bad luck of having a bad cs agent who jerked him around.

Well, I provided them a screenshot of my order from GTN and it went unnoticed. They just didn't comment it

Just mention it again - they're only human, I'm sure it was an honest oversight.

Well, I provided them a screenshot of my order from GTN and it went unnoticed. They just didn't comment it

They might not have a way to verify that you didn’t sell or give the items to anyone else. The screenshot shows you bought it, but not what you did with it.

They might not have a way to verify that you didn’t sell or give the items to anyone else. The screenshot shows you bought it, but not what you did with it.

they used to have your whole story of operations with creds back to 2012 and now they can't tell what happened to my items? I don't ask them for anything supernatural, I just don't want to see my companions naked (yes, I could give them items from my sets, but my sets are RPed, I don't see Ashara in Tulak Hord's set or Skadge in Mandalor The Ultimate), also some of my companions can't use their previous weapon types, for example I can't give Xalek his lightsaber, now he uses 2 lightsabers. I told him about it and made a list as he asked, but he didn't read attentively, his attention was drawn only to my requst of returning me my companions' gear

He said, he has no desire to continue the dialogue since he consider it pointless

PM Eric and Keith then - that guy's just wrong. He didn't do his job, nor address one of your issued...just take it up a notch (up a notch by going to Eric and Keith, I don't mean in anger or tone).

^^ I agree with this assessment.

Like it or not... if they cannot verify your claims for items in their logs... not much they can do. And.. no.. a screenshot will not do. Why? Because they are simply too easy to Photoshop.

You could of course be polite and ask to escalate the ticket... and maybe a supervisor will override the fact that they have no log entry for what you claim. Or.. maybe not. It would not hurt to ask and see what comes from it.

What you should not be doing is prosecuting your frustrations about CS in the forum here. All it will do is get you banned for harassment... just like they can ban your account for harassing a CS representative.

You are the person asking for help... so be civil, polite, answer all questions and provide any requested information and then see if they can help or not.

If none of the above appeals to your sensibilities at this point in time.. then send a polite, accurate, and detailed PM to Eric and see if he can assist. Again.. you may or may not get results.... because in the absence of any actual log data on the studio side... all you have is words, claims, screenshots of who knows what, and accusations. OR.. you could just make good on your threats and not renew your sub. The choice is yours to make.

Edited by Andryah

He said, he has no desire to continue the dialogue since he consider it pointless

Something is missing here. This isn't the MO of customer service generally. I've had, as have many others, very little difficulty getting items replaced -- they want to help you. I don't totally discount the possibility that this one person may have been unwilling to help. But what's FAR MORE likely is that you are not giving them the basic data they need to restore the item: specific dates, proof of purchase, clear explanation, and if you can dates/evidence that it was lost (and perhaps, politeness - dunno). Even without hard 'proof', polite and honest interaction goes a long way toward getting these restored -- these are human beings at the end of they day. I suspect that once your situation devolved into argument, it was a lost cause for both parties.

For example, simply showing a screenshot of purchase is problematic for a number of reasons: is it your screenshot (vs. some friend or random internet), did you sell the item later on the GTN, etc.?

So my advice is to try again. Be specific, courteous, and give as much detail as possible. Be patient. If that fails, then you can try to PM the very busy devs...

CS has the power to see everything related to your characters, provided you can lead them to what you're specifically (not generally) complaining about. If you give them enough information to get inside the gigantic clustered tangle of data they can usually find it. Not giving them enough information is just telling them to find a tiny needle in a haystack the size of New York (I might be underestimating, even).

Let's say you've given them enough information (as others have said, a screenshot is not enough. It's too easily manipulated by multiple parties). There is a complication that any CS agent cannot get by, and that was the most recent server merge.

Before the merge, you could give them enough information and they could grant anything provided there were no shenanigans on your side (they can see that). I had things and toons restored from years ago (four years was the oldest thing I had granted). After the merge I asked them to find a deleted toon from less than a year ago (but deleted before the merge). Even though the toon was younger than the ones I've had restored before, the data was either lost or purged during the merge. There was nothing the CS agent could do to restore it, even when I asked for a higher-up to explain why (they VERY politely and honestly explained the merger as the reason, which at the time I hadn't even considered).

Anyone that gets anything restored now from before the merger is going to be very lucky indeed if they can find that data, and there is almost nothing that can be expected from the CS side other than just taking someone by their word with no real evidence and conjuring new items to replace what is claimed to be lost.

The only thing I think that OP can do in this situation (if going higher up the totem pole doesn't work) is look up Collections and see if the CM items are in there and just need to be unlocked, if they aren't already. Those can be restored that way regardless of the merge(s) as long as they were unlocked at some point.

PM Eric and Keith then - that guy's just wrong. He didn't do his job, nor address one of your issued...just take it up a notch (up a notch by going to Eric and Keith, I don't mean in anger or tone).

I've heard a couple of different people telling stories about how they were given flat out wrong information from customer service when they filed complaints recently and who did have the situation rectifyed to their satisfaction upon taking it up the 'chain'.

To the OP, I would recommend not having such a knee jerk reaction that would cause you to leave the game before trying to take the matter up further with Eric/Kieth, I think Tux has given you some good advice and I hope you will consider doing so. You came back for a reason, see the matter through to it's full recourse before making a final decision. You don't know what you may be missing out on if you don't.

Best of luck to you and I hope the matter gets resolved to your liking. Be well.

Gonna have to agree with customer service here.

Seriously. Who screenshots every purchase they ever made.

Seems dubious.

Someone who values their monetary investments and would like proof of purchase for their personal records. Like those who keep receipts of every purchase ever made for through the year for when tax season arrives. It is far more odd not to gather some type of proof to prove a transaction happened since the cartel market gives no purchase receipts.

Someone who values their monetary investments and would like proof of purchase for their personal records. Like those who keep receipts of every purchase ever made for through the year for when tax season arrives. It is far more odd not to gather some type of proof to prove a transaction happened since the cartel market gives no purchase receipts.

Except a screen shot is not proof of anything.. given how easy and pervasive it is these days to photoshop anything and everything. [it is a convenient way to record information for the player, but the player is going to have to relay said information in a form that the studio can actually use AND trust.] Which is why you need to provide specific information that is asked for, so they can try to confirm in their data logs. Why? Because not using server logs to verify the veracity of a claim... means players would simply make screenshots, doctor them, and then go demand CS "give them back their stuff".

As for the CS response to the OP... proper, polite, succinct, and informative. I have had this same message a time or two from CS.. and you know what I did afterwards?... I bug reported it in game an in the bug report forum, and encouraged others to do the same. Trying to verbally slay CS in public forum over this particular incident makes no sense at all.

Edited by Andryah

Except a screen shot is not proof of anything.. given how easy and pervasive it is these days to photoshop anything and everything. [it is a convenient way to record information for the player, but the player is going to have to relay said information in a form that the studio can actually use AND trust.] Which is why you need to provide specific information that is asked for, so they can try to confirm in their data logs. Why? Because not using server logs to verify the veracity of a claim... means players would simply make screenshots, doctor them, and then go demand CS "give them back their stuff".

As for the CS response to the OP... proper, polite, succinct, and informative. I have had this same message a time or two from CS.. and you know what I did afterwards?... I bug reported it in game an in the bug report forum, and encouraged others to do the same. Trying to verbally slay CS in public forum over this particular incident makes no sense at all.

If the screenshot has his characters name in it, they can cross reference it with their data across the characters on his account. If the character did exist on his account, they can look at cartel market purchases and refund him his purchase.

If the screenshot has his characters name in it, they can cross reference it with their data across the characters on his account. If the character did exist on his account, they can look at cartel market purchases and refund him his purchase.

They don't need a screen shot for that.. the player can simply provide that info when the studio asks for it.. as it alwo provides a second level of validation about the player (whereas a screenshot could come from anyone anywhere). They in fact cannot trust a screenshot for the reasons I have already stated. A screen shot is, as I state previously, a good reference for the player though for when/if said info is needed.

But the OP simply thinks the screen shot is all he should be required to provide.. apparently. Flawed thought process there.

Edited by Andryah

Answer to all of you, who wanted to help me and who were on CS's side:

I'll try contacting Eric, but I don't know how do it yet, since it's my first time on forum ever, because I didn't need to log in here, because CS used to work far better in my days.

"The screenshot" is a picture taken on my smarthphone, cuz my PC back in those days was really slow to afford ALT-Tabing, running Fraps or Bandicam and taking the screenshot. It wasn't CM purchase, I bought Tythonian Force-Master on GTN for a ridicilous price in 10k credits to resell it in case when I need money when I return to the game.

They can ban me, I don't care anymore, cuz my experience of this game, this CS is already ruined. I can easily quit, even I've subbed for 90 days.

I tried to be specific and patient with CS representative, I provided him with the information and detailed description of my problem, but he kept saying "It was a long time ago, we can't confirm or refute your information, so we can't do anything. I didn't ask for any compensation for anything (yet I feel uncomfortable in all its ways), I didn't ask for anything I didn't have, I asked for, God help me, usual green companions clothes, cuz they are naked and dressing them in my sets would be ridicilous from aesthetic point of view and also some of them can't use their weapons anymore on some characters, but can on others. That was all it was about.

Well, I wouldn't post it here, unless my problem would have been solved, I would have treated like unworthy and there were other means to contact any of EA or BW representatives, who can actually help.

We have to subscribe in order to get help, where else you can find it?! No SWTOR section on help.ea.com, where you can talk with a real person! If they ban me for having problems and being treated as someone unimportant (I won't even mention how much money I spent on BW and EA), well, it should be a warning for others, that this can happen to any of you

Answer to all of you, who wanted to help me and who were on CS's side:

I'll try contacting Eric, but I don't know how do it yet, since it's my first time on forum ever, because I didn't need to log in here, because CS used to work far better in my days.

"The screenshot" is a picture taken on my smarthphone, cuz my PC back in those days was really slow to afford ALT-Tabing, running Fraps or Bandicam and taking the screenshot. It wasn't CM purchase, I bought Tythonian Force-Master on GTN for a ridicilous price in 10k credits to resell it in case when I need money when I return to the game.

They can ban me, I don't care anymore, cuz my experience of this game, this CS is already ruined. I can easily quit, even I've subbed for 90 days.

I tried to be specific and patient with CS representative, I provided him with the information and detailed description of my problem, but he kept saying "It was a long time ago, we can't confirm or refute your information, so we can't do anything. I didn't ask for any compensation for anything (yet I feel uncomfortable in all its ways), I didn't ask for anything I didn't have, I asked for, God help me, usual green companions clothes, cuz they are naked and dressing them in my sets would be ridicilous from aesthetic point of view and also some of them can't use their weapons anymore on some characters, but can on others. That was all it was about.

Well, I wouldn't post it here, unless my problem would have been solved, I would have treated like unworthy and there were other means to contact any of EA or BW representatives, who can actually help.

We have to subscribe in order to get help, where else you can find it?! No SWTOR section on help.ea.com, where you can talk with a real person! If they ban me for having problems and being treated as someone unimportant (I won't even mention how much money I spent on BW and EA), well, it should be a warning for others, that this can happen to any of you

PM Eric or Keith by clicking on the pull down menu at your log in name on the top of the page. Oh and really get over your self.. Just because things did not go the way you wanted them to does not mean you throw a tantrum and quit.

You will find that you will have a much better time in life if you just calm down and reevaluate the situation and try again. Not throw your hands up in the air and pout in the corner.

Even if Eric or Keith can not help you, be an adult about it and not a 2 year old. Remember it's only a GAME. Get over it and MOVE ON....

If you left and a server merge occurred during your absence then you cannot reasonably expect that your account will be the same or that you will be compensated for what any loss as a result of you being unsubbed.

If you abandon the game then why come back and complain? When you leave a game, leave for good, and if that is not your intention then you must follow the updates so that you can know what is going on.

BW did everything to ensure that players would not be affected by the merger, you weren't here and so that's on you. Give it a rest or keep it moving.

I never understand why players always feel the need to announce that they are leaving. No one cares, just leave and go about you life. It's a simple unconventional fact.