Reaching Command Rank 300 with all 8 classes should get you better rewards

Phazonfreak

Edit:

I was very happy to see on the PTS that with the release of Onslaught BioWare will put all the galactic command achievements into the Feats of Strength category and plan to give specific legacy titles for all of them:

Command rank 300 with any single class --> The Upper Echelon

300 with Knight --> Knight Commander

300 with Consular --> Consular Commander

300 with Smuggler --> Smuggler Commander

300 with Trooper --> Trooper Commander

300 with Warrior --> Warrior Commander

300 with Inquisitor --> Inquisitor Commander

300 with Agent --> Agent Commander

300 with Bounty Hunter --> Hunter Commander

300 with every single class --> The Resolute Commander

Thank you!

So if you guys want these titles, you only have till the 22nd of October to get them.

Original Post:

It's a pretty lackluster bonus that you get mere 20 Cartel Coins for each class. Considering the fact that this is probably the most time consuming and grinding achievement you can possibly accomplish with your legacy, I would think that at least a legacy title is in order. Something like "Galactic Commandment". I would also suggest to reward reaching the rank with the 4 republic and 4 imperial classes with something like "Republic Commandment" and "Imperial Commandment" respectively. I would be happy with just that, but I would go even further and reward this achievement with a unique Flair you can pick for your characters, so other players can immediately see what you have accomplished. You know very well that people love to brag (I sure would) and giving us these rewards would probably increase the willingness of players to grind for it.

Edited by Phazonfreak
Fixed

At least getting to 300 isn't as bad as it used to be. I have like 44 rank 300 and will get another 2 or 3 to 300 next week

sure, It used to be much more grindy and I think you are in the vast minority to have that many rank 300 chars... :eek: But I still think it takes quite some effort to do it and you should get a legacy title for it. Especially compared to many other achievements that get you the most random titles and can be done in a heartbeat.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Title: "Galactic Masochist"?

That would be hilarious! Though in fairness, it's a lot easier to get to 300 than it used to be. Even as a solo player with limited playtime, I'm closing in on my 4th character at 300. If I tried, I could probably get my Galactic Masochist title by the end of the year. :)

That would be hilarious! Though in fairness, it's a lot easier to get to 300 than it used to be. Even as a solo player with limited playtime, I'm closing in on my 4th character at 300. If I tried, I could probably get my Galactic Masochist title by the end of the year. :)

Indeed. And would'nt it be nice if you get some acknowledgment for that? :cool:

Either that or make it so that each class counts towards the CXP bonus, so that would mean people who got all 8 classes would have 200% extra CXP. Sounds like a fair deal to me. Also if I were to pick a Legacy Title for that it would be "Eternal Commander", though the masochist fits as well.

Either that or make it so that each class counts towards the CXP bonus, so that would mean people who got all 8 classes would have 200% extra CXP. Sounds like a fair deal to me. Also if I were to pick a Legacy Title for that it would be "Eternal Commander", though the masochist fits as well.

I'd pick once you get all 8 classes to 300, the bonus for 299 and less applies to 300 as well. :D

I'd pick once you get all 8 classes to 300, the bonus for 299 and less applies to 300 as well. :D

This would actually be handy. Imagine farming tier IV with double CXP and 100%/200% bonus along with the 100% CXP bonus.

Considering the fact that this is probably the most time consuming and grinding achievement you can possibly accomplish with your legacy, I would think that at least a legacy title is in order.

Not that I'm against an improved reward for the achievement, but anybody claiming, that grinding 8 classes to 300 is the most time consuming achievement has obviously never bothered with the seeker droid ones... :p

• 1 year later...

Bump:

I was very happy to see on the PTS that with the release of Onslaught BioWare will put all the galactic command achievements into the Feats of Strength category and plan to give specific legacy titles for all of them:

Thank you!

So if you guys want these titles, you only have till the 22nd of October to get them.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Titles don't motivate me. I turned off all titles on my toons. What I suggest is maybe give us a choice of title or unique looking armor set or mount which we can wear/ride and parade (aka show-off) to other players. Nobody take a second look at your title but everyone will be admiring with desire if you are wearing/riding a unique armor/mount especially when they are awesomely stunningly and amazingly good looking and unique (no re-skin or re-color please) and are more importantly not attainable elsewhere in the game by other means. Just suggesting.

How about awarding a second personal ship (which you can choose the design from your various faction ship design) which you can decorate and summon companion (like the guild flagship) which will complement and bypass the limitation of the primary personal ship which is tied to the storyline and cannot be customized. You will be sure every tom, dick and harry will be grinding day and night to get that achievement to obtain such ship. But if solely just to get title, nay.

Bump:

Thank you!

That's great news! Back when I was working toward the Resolute Commander achievement, I thought it granted the title, and I was really disappointed to learn that it didn't. Looking forward to finally being able to use the title on my Trooper!

Titles don't motivate me. I turned off all titles on my toons. What I suggest is maybe give us a choice of title or unique looking armor set or mount which we can wear/ride and parade (aka show-off) to other players. Nobody take a second look at your title but everyone will be admiring with desire if you are wearing/riding a unique armor/mount especially when they are awesomely stunningly and amazingly good looking and unique (no re-skin or re-color please) and are more importantly not attainable elsewhere in the game by other means. Just suggesting.

How about awarding a second personal ship (which you can choose the design from your various faction ship design) which you can decorate and summon companion (like the guild flagship) which will complement and bypass the limitation of the primary personal ship which is tied to the storyline and cannot be customized. You will be sure every tom, dick and harry will be grinding day and night to get that achievement to obtain such ship. But if solely just to get title, nay.

Um, speak for yourself, people rock their titles all the time to show off. Armor would be nice but I have no faith in it being unique or a redolor of another model we already have and though I finished this grind myself, I'm not a fan of locking off armor for specific feats that require such a horribly long grind Reputation? Fair game. Command? Hell no. Especially with no double/triple xp events coming until Onslaught.

Title: "Galactic Masochist"?

That is most definitely what it feels like for me, in retrospect. Granted, I didn't do it purely for the achieve. I don't care enough about achievements to put in that much effort in a video game. I mostly used the completion of it as a way to indirectly farm credits that I could spend on the real end-game: Space Barbie.