Please tell us the details about the update to guild management tools

UlaVii

Please tell us the details about your planned guild management improvements:

We are turning our attention to Guilds, their management tools and related competitive features

These changes will potentially alter how we interact and manage our hundreds of guild members so I don't think it's unfair to ask for some advance notice :)

• 2 weeks later...

These changes will potentially alter how we interact and manage our hundreds of guild members so I don't think it's unfair to ask for some advance notice :)

The details probably aren't yet available in sufficient detail (sorry) for an announcement to be meaningful.

In fact, my reading of the Roadmap page suggests that the guild changes (including management) aren't coming until the autumn/fall (i.e. not before mid-September) anyway, so anything specific now would be premature.

Summer changes: PvP, Rishi Stronghold.

Autumn changes: Guilds, new story, other things.

Caveat lector: I may be wrong on this.

Let's hope the changes to Guild Management are at least 5 times better than the changes to Conquest, otherwise it'll be a farce of epic proportions.

PS: Should Bioware Austin's motto be "May The Farce Be With You"?

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds

• Dev Post

As Keith alluded to in the Roadmap, the Guild changes are planned for a bit later in the year. We will need to be quite a bit closer before we start sharing specifics. Once we have them to share though, we will!

-eric

OK so none of the nitty gritty details but how about general ball park:

"We will be fixing most of the guild panel bugs"

"We'll be investigating what keeps making guild ships disappear"

"We'll be fixing most of the custom chat channel commands"

"We're looking at cross faction chat"

"We'll be creating new tools to help officers and guild leaders"

"You'll love the new in-game guild recruitment panel that is accessible anywhere from the Stronghold panel"

You know, that kind of thing :)

If they can get it to where people can join a guild either by character or by account, and allow those signed up to multiple guilds to choose and auto join (if the guild allows it) a new character with a dialogue once in, that would be fantastic. Edited by ZionHalcyon

OK so none of the nitty gritty details but how about general ball park:

"We will be fixing most of the guild panel bugs"

"We'll be investigating what keeps making guild ships disappear"

"We'll be fixing most of the custom chat channel commands"

"We're looking at cross faction chat"

"We'll be creating new tools to help officers and guild leaders"

"You'll love the new in-game guild recruitment panel that is accessible anywhere from the Stronghold panel"

You know, that kind of thing :)

I take it by Eric's response that you're lucky he even responded. I don't think you will be getting anything more than what they have given you: Guilds are on the radar - but not until later this year. They are not going to say a single thing about it until all the stuff they are working on goes in first (PvP changes, etc)... if I were to guess. That has 100% been their track record. So it would follow that you won't hear another word about any of this until the next batch of stuff is in the game and they turn their attention to the rest of the roadmap. They are very single-sighted that way and always have been.

I understand how frustrating it is, having run a guild that frequently bumped up against the 1000 member cap in 3 guilds on both Imp and Pub side (over 5000 individual accounts). I know that everything you identify as difficult in a mega-guild situation is accurate. But at the end of the day, you have to do it because it is worth doing to you, whether they fix it or not. Because, chances are (and you know this well) - even a "fix" might not fix anything but just make something else not work right. Quit holding your breath and work with what you've got. That's the best advice I can give you. Asking for clarity and communication here is just asking for disappointment. When they do communicate, be pleasantly surprised - but otherwise go about your business and accept that it isn't likely they will ever do most of the things you ask. Run your guild despite that, or don't. Receive any positive changes from Bioware as an unexpected gift. That is the only way to not be continually frustrated, in my experience.

Good luck to you either way.