Replace Combat Support Droid with a 2nd companion in Story Mode Flashpoints

JercGhyron

Like what the title says, we really should have the option to replace the droid with a 2nd companion, it shouldn't be to hard for them to do it anyways. Not only that but it would make Story Mode Flashpoints even more fun that way.

Like what the title says, we really should have the option to replace the droid with a 2nd companion, it shouldn't be to hard for them to do it anyways. Not only that but it would make Story Mode Flashpoints even more fun that way.

I don't understand why we *should* have that option. I understand that it's a cool thing, and would add something, but it is in no way at the level of "should".

And before you say it, while I'm not seeking or advocating this(1), I do think it would be a cool thing to have.

(1) But I'm not opposing it, as such, either. I just think that there are other things that are cooler, and my analytical mind suggests that it would be more work to build than you think because there's a big pile of weird corner cases.

Examples:

* There needs to be some UI to allow me to select and pre-fill the companion so I don't have to dismiss the droid and summon a companion. OK, it isn't necessary, but nobody's going to like it if there isn't.

* If there is a pre-selected companion, what happens if that companion is temporarily unavailable? (Example: the wounded trooper companion after the Gauntlet. Example: the former spy in between the end of CoU and the end of Nathema Conspiracy.)

* If there is a pre-selected companion, what happens if I have taken that companion with me to do the FP?

* No matter when/how the companion is selected, what happens if the companion is on a crew skill mission?

i can imagine in one or two occasions where it would be appropriate in the SoR prelude in those flashpoints, you could get Jakarro in the Selkath facility once liberated and those mobs before hands were weaker than they should be to compensate. He can act as the jesus droid.

The Rakata prime FP, Jakarro could again assist you through the entire mission as the jesus droid.

i mean there is an occasion where another character could take over the role from the jesus droid and turn into that role, however a lot of the time it will remain the droid.

seems like a lot of trouble though.