Defeat Vaylin's Spirit is WAY to hard for Light Side Character

worsin

Where are these green heal bubbles? I have not seen anything but her purple ball? She is kicking my *** and i am hardly doing any damage to her at all. I am a level 69 bounty hunter

They spawn and circle the lower platform. One at the front and one at the back side, if I remember correctly.

Where are these green heal bubbles? I have not seen anything but her purple ball? She is kicking my *** and i am hardly doing any damage to her at all. I am a level 69 bounty hunter

As noted, they circulate around the outer/lower platform, and respawn if you trigger them. They are also not bubbles, but green circles on the floor.

Just another KOTFE/KOTET mission in which your sjills are illrelevent. You don't defeat Arcaan with your old skills or even the new ones from your new weapon you beat him with a shield somebody left on the floor. You defeat Valyin with circles on the ground. I purposely had an otherwise all lightside character pic the darkside option so would have help. I still had to avoid letting Vaylin knock me off the platform or I'd die.

And it is extremely annoying to have to run around avoiding her hoping you can get her to step in the circle instead of healing yourself with it. Even with the darkside help I hate this mission.

Edited by RameiArashi

Just another KOTFE/KOTET mission in which your sjills are illrelevent. You don't defeat Arcaan with your old skills or even the new ones from your new weapon you beat him with a shield somebody left on the floor. You defeat Valyin with circles on the ground. I purposely had an otherwise all lightside character pic the darkside option so would have help. I still had to avoid letting Vaylin knock me off the platform or I'd die.

And it is extremely annoying to have to run around avoiding her hoping you can get her to step in the circle instead of healing yourself with it. Even with the darkside help I hate this mission.

So it's been about a year, or so, since I last did this mission, and I'd done it 8 times prior to that time, or maybe that was the 8th time, and I learned about using the circles from this thread... The rest of the time, I beat her, or them, with my class skills and ability, LS or DS. I seriously never knew that circle would hurt her.

Just another KOTFE/KOTET mission in which your sjills are illrelevent. You don't defeat Arcaan with your old skills or even the new ones from your new weapon you beat him with a shield somebody left on the floor. You defeat Valyin with circles on the ground.

You *can* do that, or you can just ability her to death. (In some ways, it's *easier* from an "intricate procedure" point of view, to ability her to death.) No, you can't stay at range and shoot her dead, but you can stand on her toes and shoot her dead.

But at least you have the choice of playing mechanics versus abilities. Consider the various sub-bosses during Guild Wars 2's Hidden Arcana mission (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hidden_Arcana), which have fights consisting solely of mechanics where your abilities are of exactly no value. (And in one of them, where you must put a debuff on yourself that lowers your Health to exactly 1.)

I purposely had an otherwise all lightside character pic the darkside option so would have help. I still had to avoid letting Vaylin knock me off the platform or I'd die.

No companion ever has stopped a player character from being knocked back, so it's not like that should be a surprise.

If doing that annoys you so much, don't do it. It's not necessary, and it's not even the best way to hit her with them.

Instead, if you *insist* on using the circles to hurt her, observe their paths (they run on rails, the same rails every time, although the rails aren't marked) and position you and Vaylin on the path so the circles approach her from behind.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

They (the green heal bubbles) always spawn from the area at the back on the floor between the trees (I think they're trees). They can be difficult to see as they are transparent. When I'm fighting her alone I usually fight her there and position myself facing that spawn point so the circle hit Vaylin (if you're getting low on health you can run in and use one for yourself) Remember to be within melee range of her or you will end up killing yourself as your abilities will be reflected back at you if you aren't.

The most annoying part of that fight for me is seeing the red warning-that-she's-going-to-knock-you-back spawn. If you fight her in the location I suggest, really pay attention to either the red warning circle or look for her long cast ability (I forget what it's called) and run like hell.