Skipping Illum

BreadKing

Just finished act three on my inquiz because I’ve finished all the content before just wanna skip to knights of the enternal throne.

Can this be done?

Yep, just accept the quest on your ship and you're good to go. The Yavin4 dailies will open up automatically without having to do the story.

Just finished act three on my inquiz because I’ve finished all the content before just wanna skip to knights of the enternal throne.

Can this be done?

If you skip Ilum, Oricon, and Makeb, you can do them at any point in the future.

If you skip SoR (icluding Prelude and Ziost), you can't do them in the future.

So, you can. But there can be consequences.

You can also skip KOTFE/ET and do Iokath and the FPs.

TBH i would do Mekeb (purly for companion influence of story characters and more XP) and start SOR (shadow of revan) to get the backstory of KOTFE then start Knights. its up to you but that what i normally do and skipping IIum and Oricon everytime.

as if your not level 70 by the time you start KOTFE you will be and have a few CXP levels already

Edited by Morvoldo

If you skip Ilum, you are stuck with a mission you can't abandon.

Other than that, there isn't anything later that depends on it.

If you've never done Ilum (on whatever faction you are playing), you might as well do it to see it (it is okay, story-wise, but a little tedious).

If you've never done Ilum (on whatever faction you are playing), you might as well do it to see it (it is okay, story-wise, but a little tedious).

Yes, if you don't want the quests stuck in your log forever don't pick up the initial quests for Ilum or Makeb because you can't drop them. Don't talk to the npcs that begin them on the fleet, I've had Makeb stuck in my quest log for years now. It's way too much of a slog to finish it on every alt.

*Edit*

I am was fairly sure that while you are auto-granted the Ilum quest you could decline it when talking to the npc on the fleet. I guess the alts I don't have it in their logs I've done it on.

Edited by Jessabeans

Yes, if you don't want the quests stuck in your log forever don't pick up the initial quests for Ilum or Makeb because you can't drop them. Don't talk to the npcs that begin them on the fleet, I've had Makeb stuck in my quest log for years now. It's way too much of a slog to finish it on every alt.

You get the Ilum quest automatically (or at least you used to) after completing chapter 3 of your story. You don't have the option of "not" taking it.

Unfortunately these (Ilum and Makeb) auto add to my log after i finish class stories now and can't be abandoned. I thought I could in the past but no, they just sit in my log pointing and laughing at me with the abandon button greyed out :mad:

I did the Illum class story today in under 2 hours. It’s really fast to do. I would suggest doing it so you can get rid of that mission you can’t abandon from your log.