Gear Confusion

vacalpotan

Okay, this is frustrating af now... How do I search for 246 crafted gear in GTN? I can't figure it out.

Honestly... from what you have described as your planned play... 246's is overkill. You will pay a crafter (via GTN) between 2M and 4M per piece to gear, and then you have augments on top of that. You could use orange shells and add mods, but that usually is a bit more expensive as the mods tend to price higher. Not particularly expensive by today's standards in the game.... but for you.... I think this is over-reach given your current wealth levels. This would be the 50M+ route to gear, and will get you close to BiS... but for what you say you plan to play.. it is kind of overkill.

Whereas,

You could simply shop for 228s (which are level 65 artifact quality items) and then put 228 augments on them and bring them up in the range of base level 242s. Why go this route? Because it will cost you around 1 to 1.5 M credits (all in) for the items, MK10 augment kits, Augments, and install fees for the augments. That gets you up and running quickly, at modest costs, and then you can let GC level gains provide you progression in gear beyond this point. Note: again.. you could go with orange shells and then put 228 mods into them as well.. and these are common and dirt cheap on the GTNs. This would be the 1M+ route... but gets you up and running in effective gear for what you say you plan to do.

It really boils down to how much you want to spend for what you feel you need/want. If I were in your position right now.... regardless of how much wealth I have in terms of credits... I would go the 228 route and then let normal day to day game play bring you better gear piece by piece. The 228 armor is pretty ugly (so are 246s to be honest) ... but you know what.. you have appearance tabs.. so you put the ugly armor in the character slots, and then use shells of your liking to fill an appearance tab and select the appearance tab as your actual in game appearance.

Also keep in mind... building influence in your companion (via influence gifts) will also notably improve your solo or duo playing power as well.. and it not that expensive to do now days.. around 1M credits will buy you enough gifts to move your companion well above level 40 influence and a companion that is 40+ is a beast.. no matter what role they play.

What is the power/stat difference between 228s and 246s? About 15%, give or take.. depending on exactly what choices you make in terms of stats. So as you can see... as is common in MMOs.... you pay a hefty premium (either in credits, or time, or both) to approach BiS because of the way studios approach diminishing returns as you reach for the best gear.

Edited by Andryah

Do a search for Versatile hilt (or barrel) 54. Presto!

For mods: Advanced Lethal Mod 54

For Enhancements: Advanced Critical (or Alacrity) 54

Good luck :)

The enhancements to look for Alacrity is called Overkill and the crit one is called Adapt