New Roadmap!?

LEBU

The last "Roadmap" was posted on Feb. 15th 2018 and was supposed to cover the time till April 2018.

Now that we are in mid May I think we can at least ask for a new "Roadmap" of what content we can expact in the summer / in the next 90 days. And I dont count teasing a new expansion, the repeat of Events or promising the return of Companions and such as a content roadmap. We are paying a lot of money for subscription and even when we dont get new content right now we want to know what content we can expact in the near future.

The last "Roadmap" was posted on Feb. 15th 2018 and was supposed to cover the time till April 2018.

Now that we are in mid May I think we can at least ask for a new "Roadmap" of what content we can expact in the summer / in the next 90 days. And I dont count teasing a new expansion, the repeat of Events or promising the return of Companions and such as a content roadmap. We are paying a lot of money for subscription and even when we dont get new content right now we want to know what content we can expact in the near future.

your entitlement aside, i would also like to get an update on what Bioware have in the works for SWTOR. Admittedly i don't expect a great deal through the next few years because of Anthem and the untitled Dragon Age game in the works, but i would expect some barebones updates and a few other little things over the next few months.

I have to agree, having no news is getting old. I would like to think we will hear something by the end of this week but I doubt it.... Ill keep positive though for as long as possible. Edited by Zellous

Admittedly i don't expect a great deal through the next few years

You honestly think the game still has years to run?

It's clearly already in maintenance mode, with all Dev efforts expended on things that will drive more and more players away.

I'll be shocked if it makes it to it's 8th Birthday.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds

It's clearly already in maintenance mode, with all Dev efforts expended on things that will drive more and more players away.

All The Best

You forget, there's maintenance mode. That can last years.... ;)

All The Best

Not about what i think Spuds, it is what the team running SWTOR have in the works:

You forget, there's maintenance mode. That can last years.... ;)

Unfortunately in both your cases, it is false even though it might look that way, it is the reason i called it barebones updates.

E3 is less than a month away (June 12) and I expect that any big news would be shared around that time if not shortly before.

While they most likely won't announce anything SWTOR at E3 many companies still announce things around the time of E3 because that's when many sites like IGN, Gamespot, etc, are generating a lot of traffic and are basically 24 hour news cycles during the days E3 is going on so people who aren't even at E3 will still make announcements about games hoping that they get picked up in the news cycle.

There's also usually a Cantina Tour or community meet up when E3 is going on. Bioware (Austin) typically does this sort of thing when big events are going on. For instance they won't actually be on the show floor of a place like Comic Con, PAX, E3, etc, but they usually have something like a Cantina Tour going on in those same places as a way to sort of piggyback off what's going on in town that week.

E3 is less than a month away (June 12) and I expect that any big news would be shared around that time if not shortly before.
Big news? About this game you mean?? Or do you mean any new games being developed? SWTOR hasn't been mentioned at E3 in 6 years now...

The "quarterly roadmaps" are not only NOT roadmaps in any classic sense of the term ... they also do not come out quarterly. More like a summary update of the coming few months planned updates, published every 4-5 months (on average).

In other words.. we will get more info when we get more info. When, and how much info, rests at the whim of Keith... and there is nothing any of us can do about it... other than to temper expectations to match the history of "roadmaps" under Keith's tenure.

Edited by Andryah

Big news? About this game you mean?? Or do you mean any new games being developed? SWTOR hasn't been mentioned at E3 in 6 years now...

nevermind the fact that KOTFE has been announced at E3 2015, but yeah 6 years lol.

anyway , on topic....this game is a non-factor for EA (just look at the past earning reports).

don't expect anything big anytime soon...

Why does anyone care anymore?

Roadmap ETA is announced (many people don't know what ETA means and freak out when the date is moved).

Roadmap speculation runs wild from the announced day (many people see everything discussed in the speculation threads by non-gold forum members and turn everything said into an iron-clad promise that Bioware made to all their players when Bioware has said nothing to this point).

Many threads pop up stating Bioware better hold to those "promises" or they will "unsub."

Roadmap is released with more or less the same information that they said it would contain (many people FREAK THE F OUT because those "promises" were not kept. AND/OR the Roadmap did not contain the specific information a specific forum member wanted to see and more threads pop up about how Bioware isn't listening to the ENTIRE POPULATION).

Many threads pop up with people complaining about how little the Roadmap includes because their unchecked expectations were not consulted by Bioware on a personal basis and "many" people "unsub" in protest.

Rinse and repeat every "quarter"

Unless you actually enjoy the drama that these Roadmaps cause (I kind of do ;) ) you are going to be disappointed no matter what you're looking for, so just continue enjoying the game and Bioware will continue doing what they can with what they have with who they have to continue keeping those servers warm. The Roadmaps have all been "disappointing" and anyone hungrily waiting for the next one needs to just remember the last one, and the one before that, and before that, etc.

Why does anyone care anymore?

Roadmap ETA is announced (many people don't know what ETA means and freak out when the date is moved).

Roadmap speculation runs wild from the announced day (many people see everything discussed in the speculation threads by non-gold forum members and turn everything said into an iron-clad promise that Bioware made to all their players when Bioware has said nothing to this point).

Many threads pop up stating Bioware better hold to those "promises" or they will "unsub."

Roadmap is released with more or less the same information that they said it would contain (many people FREAK THE F OUT because those "promises" were not kept. AND/OR the Roadmap did not contain the specific information a specific forum member wanted to see and more threads pop up about how Bioware isn't listening to the ENTIRE POPULATION).

Many threads pop up with people complaining about how little the Roadmap includes because their unchecked expectations were not consulted by Bioware on a personal basis and "many" people "unsub" in protest.

Rinse and repeat every "quarter"

Unless you actually enjoy the drama that these Roadmaps cause (I kind of do ;) ) you are going to be disappointed no matter what you're looking for, so just continue enjoying the game and Bioware will continue doing what they can with what they have with who they have to continue keeping those servers warm. The Roadmaps have all been "disappointing" and anyone hungrily waiting for the next one needs to just remember the last one, and the one before that, and before that, etc.

The Roadmap creates hype. Hype creates interest. Interest creates excitement. Excitement creates happy players.

It's foolish for Bioware to not hype this game...it would be like Disney not advertising Solo.

I thought they were getting rid of roadmaps because they took longer to write than the content they covered, can't think where I got that idea from though. So instead they would use the forums to allow more responsive communication and really come in and address the players concerns and maintain a better dialog.

With this in-mind, we’ve decided to use the Forums as the means to get you the information about the next couple months versus waiting for a Roadmap. This will allow us to be more responsive to your questions, address your concerns, and maintain a better dialog going forward.

Though it does appear that as none of the reasons for changing from a roadmap were really met it is logical to go back to the roadmap style.

Though if the past is anything to go by, the roadmap will be launched a few weeks after the first update it was meant to come. Be mostly focused on that update and then say things like 'We look to build on the amazing communication we have developed with the players on the forums!' we are really excited to see where this 'chapter' is going to take the players and finish with how important it is to keep the feedback coming!'

So we can be pretty sure the next 'roadmap' will included a lot on how amazing companion returns have been, how swift they have been to quash bugs, the on going changes to improve conquest and this Summer there is a massive pub crawl event planned! Travel to 10 cantina, click on an npc, read or don't bother his 2 lines of dialogue to recruit this notorious pirate buttercup! I can't actually remember his name but he really is notorious; and you are going to have to feel for the people that completed the event in 12 minutes (most of that time getting out the space port to fast travel) when he was accidentally released in 5.9. Cause that was the massive summer event!

I think they've learned from the last two roadmaps not to bother announcing them ahead of time.

Roadmap incoming soon

Yay! OK. When?

Soon

When?

Soon

When?

Soon

Now?

No

Now?

Soon

When?

Not yet

Why not now and when god dammit?!

-silence-

When?

-silence-

But when Keithhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

-silence-

Finally some peace and quiet for a week

Here's the roadmap!

Not about what i think Spuds, it is what the team running SWTOR have in the works:

That assumes we believe anything Bioware says regarding SWTOR doesn't it?

And why would we believe them?

They told us they were holding back on companion returns so they could "do them right" and we got 2 minute cut scenes most of which had dialogue written by someone who has never played the game.

They told us the Conquest changes would make things more fun, more rewarding, more inclusive and give players more options - they did the EXACT OPPOSITE of all four.

They even told us (again and again) they were going to be more communicative - LMFAO!

I'll believe 6.0 is real the day it releases - until then its just another in a long, long line of empty promises from Bioware.

All The Best

The Roadmap creates hype. Hype creates interest. Interest creates excitement. Excitement creates happy players.

It's foolish for Bioware to not hype this game...it would be like Disney not advertising Solo.

Yeah but they have consistently - for almost three years now - over-hyped and under-delivered; so no one believes their hype anyway.

Remember the hype about how improved Conquest was going to be?

All The Best

Yeah but they have consistently - for almost three years now - over-hyped and under-delivered; so no one believes their hype anyway.

Remember the hype about how improved Conquest was going to be?

All The Best

HAHAHA! I wish that were true my friend...players never learn though...ever...

This old news again. Has anyone actually seen the whole stream, particularly everything that they said AFTER the "confirmed"? Or has everyone just read that one quote and then it went viral?

Anyone waiting impatiently for 6.0, please watch the stream and focus on the banter following the "confirmation". There you find the real answer(s). Am I the only one who has noticed that?

As for the roadmap: If you want to know what the next 90 days bring aside from Nightlife and the tidbits they already mentioned, here it is:

And that is the roadmap.

Expecting anything more is naive at best. Where should something new suddenly come from?

I gonna take a shot in the dark and guess you have not seen E3 in 6 years :D

last time they were mention was either 2015 for kotfe (that's were they announce the kotfe expansion and shown the trailer) cannot remember if they were mention in 2016 E3

Oi, Keith! Can we get a roadmap for the next roadmap :D

your entitlement aside, i would also like to get an update on what Bioware have in the works for SWTOR. Admittedly i don't expect a great deal through the next few years because of Anthem and the untitled Dragon Age game in the works, but i would expect some barebones updates and a few other little things over the next few months.

Everyone is "entitled" to ask more for their money, particularly since less content is being produced for the same sub fee. Nice troll usage of the word "entitlement" though. Not sure if you're my grandfather, or a FauxNews watcher.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Big news? About this game you mean??

Any announcement from this game is basically "big news" at this point, whether it's a road map or whatever else. That is what I was referring to. In other words it's announcements are so lackluster as of late that whatever they confirm/announce/share at E3 is going to be big.

Or do you mean any new games being developed?

It's unlikely that Bioware has anything else in development beyond Anthem and the next Dragon Age game. In other words there's no surprise announcements coming out of Bioware at E3.

SWTOR hasn't been mentioned at E3 in 6 years now...

KOTFE was at E3 in 2015. How do you get 6 years from that?

Also pretty sure I specifically mentioned something about them not being at E3 didn't I? Wait let me check...

While they most likely won't announce anything SWTOR at E3 many companies still announce things around the time of E3 because that's when many sites like IGN, Gamespot, etc, are generating a lot of traffic and are basically 24 hour news cycles during the days E3 is going on so people who aren't even at E3 will still make announcements about games hoping that they get picked up in the news cycle.

Oh yup, there it is, right under the part you quoted.

I can see after all that tricky math you did how it might be hard to read or get a handle on the above.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

Any announcement from this game is basically "big news" at this point, whether it's a road map or whatever else. That is what I was referring to. In other words it's announcements are so lackluster as of late that whatever they confirm/announce/share at E3 is going to be big.

It's unlikely that Bioware has anything else in development beyond Anthem and the next Dragon Age game. In other words there's no surprise announcements coming out of Bioware at E3.

KOTFE was at E3 in 2015. How do you get 6 years from that?

Also pretty sure I specifically mentioned something about them not being at E3 didn't I? Wait let me check...

Oh yup, there it is, right under the part you quoted.

I can see after all that tricky math you did how it might be hard to read or get a handle on the above.

That's fine...you can hope for new news and I wish you luck waiting on it, I just don't think it's coming...not from Bioware at least. Bioware's future is Anthem, not Star Wars.

That's fine...you can hope for new news and I wish you luck waiting on it, I just don't think it's coming...not from Bioware at least. Bioware's future is Anthem, not Star Wars.

Note that I'm not talking about anything major or earth shattering, but if you go back and look at when Bioware makes announcements about SWTOR there's almost something released around the time of E3.

Them dropping a trailer for 5.10 (due out in July) during E3 (June) falls under what I'm talking about.

I'm not suggesting that we'll get a complete outline of 6.0 or anything like that, but some "new" thing will get announced at E3 related to SWTOR and it could very well be something we already know about that isn't significant at all but given that they typically do release some sort of new media for SWTOR around E3 I'd say there's a good chance that process will continue, even if it's just a trailer for 5.10.

Edited by Darth-Obvious