NOT Interested In Your New Game: ANTHEM. Give us Expansion of STWOR in PVP & PVE

Dowillia

They have the world's most influencial IP in their hands and they're not doing anything with it. ";

They sit on a gold mine, and choose to mine in the ocean. It's hard to understand their logic. But, I am not surprised. :)

They sit on a gold mine, and choose to mine in the ocean. It's hard to understand their logic. But, I am not surprised. :)

The new Developer species have emerged. They have no Brain! How do they survive? It is a mystery!

Battlefront II. Despite what we may think of it and all the hoopla about lootboxes, the game is still a huge success. Clearly not to the extend they expected, but it has sold somewhere between 7-10 million copies; in comparison Wither 3 has sold about 10 million copies. And there is also a game coming from Respawn at some point (2020?), and possible Battlefront III later on.

But yes it's frustrating that nothing more is happening, and that our game isn't being maintained better with so little star wars competition out there. They could print money with a Knight series or a KOTOR3 or... you know... a new MMO :cool:

Battlefront II. Despite what we may think of it and all the hoopla about lootboxes, the game is still a huge success. Clearly not to the extend they expected, but it has sold somewhere between 7-10 million copies; in comparison Wither 3 has sold about 10 million copies. And there is also a game coming from Respawn at some point (2020?), and possible Battlefront III later on.

But yes it's frustrating that nothing more is happening, and that our game isn't being maintained better with so little star wars competition out there. They could print money with a Knight series or a KOTOR3 or... you know... a new MMO :cool:

They could print money with SWTOR if they didn't make bad decisions about post-launch content and focus.

Between the negative impact Anthem is perceived to have had on Mass Effect: Andromeda's development and the demise of that popular IP (a correct view, IMO) and perceptions that it is now negatively impacting SWTOR's development, the reaction from Bioware fans toward Anthem's development is lukewarm at best, to pit it mildly.

It will be interesting to see how that all plays out when Anthem releases.

If it turns out to be an amazing game all the pre-release negativity won't matter and a lot of people are going to buy it anyway, but if the game turns out to be even slightly disappointing and has negative word of mouth, I wonder if the pre-release negativity combined with a flawed release might kill it, just as what happened with Mass Effect: Andromeda.

But they still mismanaged BF2. I honestly don’t think it’s the producers or Devs. It’s EA management (who don’t understand gamers) over reaching and pushing their own agenda down to the studios as if it’s a normal retail or manufacturing business.

Those at the top are number crunchers and only think about bonuses and the next share holders meeting. They look at spread sheets and costs vs income. As long as they can show they are making money and they get their bonuses, they don’t really care what their customers or players want.

What they probably don’t even realise is if they listened and understood the players and also the producers and Devs, they would be making a hell of a lot more money for shareholders and themselves. All the studios and IPs they purchased over the years have failed or start to declined as soon as EA takes hold of them.

EA are an investment company that preys on successful studios and buys IPs to get short gains in profits and revenue. Then they move onto the next one as they leave the other by the way side. You only need to look at EAs trail of devastation as they’ve laid waste to successful studios and IPs over the last 20 years.

As soon as swtor was released they called it a failure because they didn’t recoupe their money in a month. Then they pulled funding and sacked or reassigned most of the talent. Next they made it F2P and gave the cow away instead of a taste of milk. Sadly, swtor had paid for itself by month 3 and was making money before any of those decisions impacted the game.

If they’d kept the faith and understood the players and how massive an IP they were sitting on and not made any changes, then this game had the potential to be another WoW or FF series.

EA are a parasite on this industry and only look at short term gratification, that is why swtor has never lived up to its potential.

Even if Anthem is a good game, if EA don’t get their money back in that first month, they’ll declare it a failure and probably gut Bioware. They’ll probably pull funding even if it is a success because that’s just what they do. They will milk the cow till it’s dry or make it F2P and make money off a store system and ignore the quality of the game.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

But they still mismanaged BF2. I honestly [...].

I don't necessarily disagree with anything you wrote. EA are bloodsucking business vampires that only care about money, but from a business perspective that is brilliant. EA stocks has gone from $15-20 in 2010 to a current high of $130. Would they make even more money by being a decent company that created and maintained good games? Maybe, but why take the change when things are clearly on an upwards trajectory.

BF2, mismanaged as it has been, is still going to make them a ton of money; from a business perspective they have no reason to change their ways. Anthem is also going to make them a ton of cash I have no doubt - it will be BF2 all over again.

Our only hope is that Disney care more about their reputation long term, and decides to pull the plug on EA when the time comes, but I wouldn't be surprised if they extend the agreement.

Edited by Lundorff