Theron on Nathema and then summoning him??

Dael_Adaon

I can't find a necro thread on this, I can't find anything on the web at all which baffles me because I know there's got to be a ton out there on this, but whatever. Her goes:

Theron is dead, or at least left for dead. I left him and his douche haircut on Nathema, and got a really hateful cutscene look from Satele as he dies. So why can I now summon him as a companion and it's like nothing happened?

I killed Xalek and he's gone for good, no option to summon him.

I killed Skadge. Ditto.

I killed... oh you get the idea.

So why do my choices not matter with Theron? I know it's possible (likely) he'll be back in the future anyway, but even so, shouldn't he be unavailable?

I know KOTFE was a hot pile of storytelling, but I'm really just wondering if this is really how it's supposed to be, or if there's a glitch.

I can't find a necro thread on this, I can't find anything on the web at all which baffles me because I know there's got to be a ton out there on this, but whatever. Her goes:

Theron is dead, or at least left for dead. I left him and his douche haircut on Nathema, and got a really hateful cutscene look from Satele as he dies. So why can I now summon him as a companion and it's like nothing happened?

I killed Xalek and he's gone for good, no option to summon him.

I killed Skadge. Ditto.

I killed... oh you get the idea.

So why do my choices not matter with Theron? I know it's possible (likely) he'll be back in the future anyway, but even so, shouldn't he be unavailable?

I know KOTFE was a hot pile of storytelling, but I'm really just wondering if this is really how it's supposed to be, or if there's a glitch.

I guess that's because unless they were your class companions, you get to kill them before you recruit them, so technically they were never you companions, hence why you can't summon them.

But Theron was a companion for any class long before you can do that.

Alright, that might be the case for class companions, I don't know but I'll go with it. I suppose I'm wondering about the larger issue here, which is that I got an email from his mom saying she felt his death. I can only see two options, really:

1. None of this matters at all. Theron as a companion has nothing at all to do with the months and months (years and years?) of storytelling and in the end, save him or leave him to die has zero effect on the actual gameplay. I know there is inexplicable love for him out there and the idea that you could actually kill him might have struck some as a bridge too far. That's also why Quinn couldn't be killed (though he could be in Beta) - people want choices to matter, but they don't want choices to matter. If this is the case, though, it's disgusting design on Bioware's part (shocking, I know).

2. He isn't actually dead and he's coming back. This is surely what they'll do, and I suppose I can live with it since I avoid Theron like the plague unless railroaded into using him.

Either way, however, he should not be available to me as a companion right after I choose to leave his sorry *** on Nathema. That's not about Theron love or Theron hate - that's just common sense. So does anyone actually know if there's an answer out there? Why is he still available as a companion after he's left for dead on Nathema?

Sounds like it's just a glitch. In a similar vein, there are folks that cannot summon Theron even though they spared him and received his new customization. Hopefully this will be addressed in the patch on the 22nd when they attempt to fix other issues that occurred during the Nathema patch.

You're asking, "why?" for something that was clearly just overlooked like things sometimes are initially. Just report the "bug" and possibly create a thread about it in the bug forum. I expect it will get fixed if they are aware of it.

1. None of this matters at all. Theron as a companion has nothing at all to do with the months and months (years and years?) of storytelling and in the end, save him or leave him to die has zero effect on the actual gameplay. I know there is inexplicable love for him out there and the idea that you could actually kill him might have struck some as a bridge too far. That's also why Quinn couldn't be killed (though he could be in Beta) - people want choices to matter, but they don't want choices to matter. If this is the case, though, it's disgusting design on Bioware's part (shocking, I know).

Well, it's more that people don't want other people's choices to matter in their own game.

So far the possibly dead companions just become as good as dead for those who did not kill them, just look at Koth, he was not even here when his beloved ship exploded, not even a single letter about that.

I'd have no problem with any kill option if that did not imply that my companions that are still supposed to be alive for me just become some sort of plants standing in the background with nothing to say and nothing to do most of the time.

Edited by Goreshaga