More aggressive passive option for companions among other things

Jesus_Man

So in an attempt to make the game more difficult for myself, I set my companion to passive and sent them on crew skill missions to avoid having them help. I noticed that every load screen my companion would go back to default help mode. I understand that the passive option is not one used very often as this game doesn't have a problem with companions running off and pulling/attacking every monster (WoW has this problem with some hunters). So could the passive option stick more if one were to set it plz. This mechanic greatly improved the difficulty of the game btw which leads me to my next suggestion.

Medical Probe Cooldown Reduction

I noticed that I was dying a lot more without my companion and would use the medical probes a lot. I am a subscriber so the unlimited probes was awesome but the cooldown on it seemed pointless. I don't know how much medical probe revival gets used but with the current difficulty in the game I'd say not much for leveling. My suggestion would be to lower the cooldown of the probes through either global legacy or by default setting. As well, unlimited medical probes subscription bonus loosening onto preferred or even f2p (incentivizes legacy buying for all account types). Not that the lower account options would use it much in my opinion.

Reduced PvP cc break Cooldown in PvE

This one is just a quality of life for attacking groups of enemies that cc you consistently. Doesn't have to be all PvE but what's the point of it in questing/heroics? Could be added to global legacy in 30 second increments if added.

Aggro on companion after vanishing

Plz drop all aggro on companion when any stealth class vanishes. I've had my companion get aggroed to after I vanish a lot but I can usually just let them chase my companion and beat him to death in stealth until he dies to get out of it. Still a pain and although more a bug than a suggestion I'll just put it here.

Assassin/Shadow Stealth Attack Bonus

So I noticed while playing my assassin the only attack from stealth bonus attack in the Deception/Infiltration tree was from Spike/Spinning Kick and Reaping Strike/Vaulting Slash but the latter can be in a normal rotation out of stealth by a single crit. I saw that this wasn't the case in Smuggler/Operative and they do get a stealth attack bonus on Back Blast/Backstab. I thought this lacked flavour for Assassin/Shadow so I put it here.

As well my chat suggestion

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=948215

But from what I've seen playing this could make the problem worse for people who don't ignore/report spammers. I recently didn't report/ignore a spammer in general chat and he spammed multiple messages probably a minute apart. Doesn't affect the spammers who /yell in the fleet then logoff to avoid punishment (ostensibly). I don't know if they are continuously spamming as I haven't not reported/ignored one. Legacy reward if you do put it in the game is another option.

edit 6: so yeah the guys who do /yell every minute or so aren't actually getting punished they just keep spamming to anyone who doesn't ignore them

Preview from Guild Bank

Suggested before I'm sure.

Experience tradeoff for credits while leveling

This one came from my desire to not gain experience while leveling as to experience the content. If the quests gave more credits and less or no experience (through ingame option) I would heavily want to do every quest if intriguing. Again this would motivate people to experience more of the game especially for somebody who skipped these planets. I noticed that questing upper level planets (35+) was listed on guides for making credits so perhaps to this credit reward for little to no experience as a tradeoff.

Plz

Edit 1:

Deaths due to falling counter/achievement

I just want this because a large portion of my deaths in mmos are from falling damage and I'd like to see exactly how many.

Edit 2:

That pistol sound combination from Ex-Regulator Pistoleer added to obtainable blasters

I love the Hunter's Blaster Pistol MK-1 look but was disappointed when I found out there was no high pitched blaster sound variant as per the Ex-Regulator Pistoleer blaster. These guys can be found at the heroic area for Sharing the Blame on Makeb. This is just because I like the blaster with sound combination and am not aware to this same combination being present (checked through TOR Fashion). These guys also bring up the reduced PvE cc break ability as I just had to kill 5 or 6 pistoleers to get the data spike and all of them cced me including multiple 8 second ccs. Maybe this is by design but if I had just used my trinket properly on the 8 second cc why should I be punished the next group?

Edit 3:

With adding more flavour to assassin/shadow you also gain the incentive to vanish in a flashpoint/ops for a damage boost if one were to be added. Right now the best you can do with vanish generally is a 2 second stun for a side mob and/or a revive outside in the world

Edited by Jesus_Man
another suggestion

I understand that the passive option is not one used very often as this game doesn't have a problem with companions running off and pulling/attacking every monster

In the very, very distant past of the game, it did have this problem. I clearly remember my very first character, a JC=>Shadow, have this very problem with Qyzen (where he'd run off and thump things without me asking him to) until I found the three-way switch and moved it from "Aggressive" to the equivalent of today's "Active", the third choice being what we would recognise as "Passive".

Of course, that was removed somewhere in mid-to-late Spring 2013, probably as part of 2.0, or maybe 2.1.

Tip for mobs attacking your companion after you use your ability to drop aggro and into stealth .. they will only do this if your companion has an active DoT on them when you use the ability. Make sure your companion doesn't have a DoT on them before using the ability.

Tip for mobs attacking your companion after you use your ability to drop aggro and into stealth .. they will only do this if your companion has an active DoT on them when you use the ability. Make sure your companion doesn't have a DoT on them before using the ability.

Yeah i know but i'm lazy. I've been thinking about putting them to passive before vanishing to help this but god damn