Please remove Instance Depopulating

krisagi

As the title says please remove the instance depopulating feature from the game. I am tired of logging into a planet that has 157 people on Instance 1 but am unable to transfer to Instance 2 because of this warning.

It's possible EA can tweak server load balancing, but server load balance mechanics aren't there just to irritate or inconvenience you.

Sharding of zones is never perfect in any game, but understand what's happening: the server load is moving down, not up, and the load balancing is adjusting for it. Closing that zone is part of it. People constantly hopping into a closing shard doesn't work.

It's possible EA can tweak server load balancing, but server load balance mechanics aren't there just to irritate or inconvenience you.

Sharding of zones is never perfect in any game, but understand what's happening: the server load is moving down, not up, and the load balancing is adjusting for it. Closing that zone is part of it. People constantly hopping into a closing shard doesn't work.

Yes but being on a server shard that has 150+ People on it makes it impossible for some to do their quests. And Im not talking about KS'ing. Im talking about going to an area and seeing no quest npcs to kill.

Yes but being on a server shard that has 150+ People on it makes it impossible for some to do their quests. And Im not talking about KS'ing. Im talking about going to an area and seeing no quest npcs to kill.

I'm aware of that inconvenience, I suffer it myself, especially when trying to get 15 guys dead on the bonus while obtaining the clinic pass key on Coruscant for a heroic. That's more easily handled by instancing the heroics -- adding a green wall at the start of the heroic area since it's used for nothing else but that heroic. That and other places, such as in the Sith Temple on Korriban, two heroics which have been mentioned frequently on the forums that they're in need of instancing.

As the title says please remove the instance depopulating feature from the game. I am tired of logging into a planet that has 157 people on Instance 1 but am unable to transfer to Instance 2 because of this warning.

Not sure if you're aware of it but, if there are still people in that instance, you can ask one of them for help.

When you group up with someone, you should then be able to travel to their instance even when it's depopulating.

That and other places, such as in the Sith Temple on Korriban, two heroics which have been mentioned frequently on the forums that they're in need of instancing.

What are you talking about? The Korriban H2s have been instanced for ages and ages.

And there *isn't* a Sith Temple on Korriban, or at least not one we can get to.

You're probably thinking of the ONE problematic one in the Dark Temple on Dromund Kaas, "Possessed Hunter" with one guy to kill who has a long (much shorter now) respawn time. The other DK H2s are no more than "annoying" because stuff respawns reasonably quickly.

What are you talking about? The Korriban H2s have been instanced for ages and ages.

And there *isn't* a Sith Temple on Korriban, or at least not one we can get to.

You're probably thinking of the ONE problematic one in the Dark Temple on Dromund Kaas, "Possessed Hunter" with one guy to kill who has a long (much shorter now) respawn time. The other DK H2s are no more than "annoying" because stuff respawns reasonably quickly.

I meant DK. And despite his shorter respawn time, people still refuse to group and it's standing room only if there's no other map to jump to. That heroic is definitely in need of instancing behind a green wall.