IZAX mount feedback

DarthEnrique

Did we really need another character inspired jetpack? The HK-55 one was cool and all but this IZAX jetpack is just overkill, not well thought out and just plain ugly.

If you wanted to do an IZAX-inspired mount why not make it where you are riding a miniature IZAX that shoots an ominicannon beam when you press Z? That would have been a lot cooler than this ugly jetpack you announced. Oh well, maybe an IZAX-inspired mount like this for a Cartel Market pack/direct sale item to make up for the ugly jetpack.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Did we really need another character inspired jetpack? The HK-55 one was cool and all but this IZAX jetpack is just overkill, not well thought out and just plain ugly.

If you wanted to do an IZAX-inspired mount why not make it where you are riding a miniature IZAX that shoots an ominicannon beam when you press Z? That would have been a lot cooler than this ugly jetpack you announced. Oh well, maybe an IZAX-inspired mount like this for a Cartel Market pack/direct sale item to make up for the ugly jetpack.

I dont believe everything released in game needs feedback.

Edited by olagatonjedi

It looks more like a motorized hang glider than a jetpack.

This is one of the beautiful things about opinions...

I think it rocks. It's unique -- distinctively so (though the tautology of that statement is not lost upon me). :rak_03:

/shrug

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Different strokes.. etc. etc.

Personally, I like the Izax variant of backpack mounts more than all the others released so far.

Not that I need it, or will chase it... just noting that not everyone will agree with the OPs critical narrative here.

At least this month it's not a thread about someone being mean to the OP.. so that's positive progress. :)

Edited by Andryah

Different strokes.. etc. etc.

Personally, I like the Izax variant of backpack mounts more than all the others released so far.

Not that I need it, or will chase it... just noting that not everyone will agree with the OPs critical narrative here.

At least this month it's not a thread about someone being mean to the OP.. so that's positive progress. :)

Agreed. I don't care if people call me a White Knight in this regard....I actually like it enough that I will pursue it.

Strange that way, I don't care about any flair, any title, but ... I just can't explain it... I want that mount! Imagine, people having different preferences.

/shrug

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

It's just a poor reskin they don't have ideas and can't think outside of the box look at the title why didn't they have Destoryer of the gods or god slayer but bane of izax I mean come on team that is horrible.

this mount is really a poor mans version of the brontes wings and for them saying the boss was nightmare tuned it wasn't because revan was so much harder when it was released and to me that was more of a hardmare style because not many guilds could kill it before the nerfs.

Its different. Not my style but I'm sure others will like it. I'll bet those that have passed the IZAX challenge a lot of them would even just for the "I did it" factor. This could be a Trophy kinda thing for those people; use it or not they'd still have something special and unique.

It's just a poor reskin they don't have ideas and can't think outside of the box look at the title why didn't they have Destoryer of the gods or god slayer but bane of izax I mean come on team that is horrible.

this mount is really a poor mans version of the brontes wings and for them saying the boss was nightmare tuned it wasn't because revan was so much harder when it was released and to me that was more of a hardmare style because not many guilds could kill it before the nerfs.

What mount is it a reskin of? Brontes is very different.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

It's still a jet pack based mount and even the name wings of the dragon.

Yeah, this is one of those...let's agree to disagree situations.

There are only so many base mount types available. And, I couldn't give a rip about name similarity.

So, it could be: a) vehicle-based mount; b) jet pack-based mount; c) creature-based mount.

All ears on what I've missed.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

There are only so many base mount types available. And, I couldn't give a rip about name similarity.

So, it could be: a) vehicle-based mount; b) jet pack-based mount; c) creature-based mount.

Dasty

Heh.. the only thing you missed is some players can and will complain about anything and everything. :)

The mount actually follows the graphical theme of the boss... so it makes complete sense in this case that they went with what they did here.

They could make a "covert mount" ... where you cannot actually see the mount and the player zips along as though they were on rocket boots.. and people would complain about that too. :p I'm sure someone would even complain about the "coloring" and "style" on said invisible mount. :p:p:p

Edited by Andryah

In the spirit of mounts that are based on an op/fp motif (and just for fun); how about mini-train mounts like the Umbara train, but with different types of train sections available; engine, cargo, caboose? People could look like they are on a kid's ride; RPers could line them up and ride around fleet :D

Heh.. the only thing you missed is some players can and will complain about anything and everything. :)

The mount actually follows the graphical theme of the boss... so it makes complete sense in this case that they went with what they did here.

They could make a "covert mount" ... where you cannot actually see the mount and the player zips along as though they were on rocket boots.. and people would complain about that too. :p I'm sure someone would even complain about the "coloring" and "style" on said invisible mount. :p:p:p

For the most part your right just like this "Kill / No Kill" dilemma BW has written itself, the story and its customers into and being that (As Boys said himself) if they can be killed they probably will. No Thought, No Reason and no Consequences but also there are issues (Conquest, Content, Sub. Rewards) That its a wonder how anybody could've Not thought it was going to be bad?? Not knowing the customers, CompanyCentric, lack of communication, writers with a vengeance and "Electronic Arts" Secrets Status Quo. Like I said earlier this mount isn't for me, some will like it, some wont, but there comes a point where nothing will be right (Too many wrongs :( )

Dasty

Yes I agree with you :) we all have our own opinions and most times it does end up with the agree to disagree result because who is wrong or right really nobody is.

Yet another person who thinks that cuz they don't personally like something it shouldn't even be in the game at all and screw anyone else who actually likes what they don't.

I think I hate

But nothing tops the "delete the JC class" thread.

I for one collect the most unusual mounts, however it saddens myself knowing I won't be able to obtain the "Wings of the Dragon" mount considering how ridiculous guilds are asking for a carry run.

Overall, the design of it was expected, so I'm not quite surprised, the flourish however is the one thing that I love the most about the mount.

The design however I agree is a little bit bleh, ugly in a way, but I would still use it for a certain amount of time, however I would prefer and I still do, the Wings of the Architect.

Considering Brontes is my favorite Dread Master anyway.

I for one collect the most unusual mounts, however it saddens myself knowing I won't be able to obtain the "Wings of the Dragon" mount considering how ridiculous guilds are asking for a carry run.

You can still get one, they said post 5.9 Izax will still have a chance to loot it. The people who do it pre 5.9 just get it as a legacy wide freebee and a special title. So you can still get it for doing the operation.

Edited by thepilk

Overall, the design of it was expected, so I'm not quite surprised, the flourish however is the one thing that I love the most about the mount.

The design however I agree is a little bit bleh, ugly in a way, but I would still use it for a certain amount of time, however I would prefer and I still do, the Wings of the Architect.

Considering Brontes is my favorite Dread Master anyway.

The price is only 1 billion credits that's not much anymore and you have to remember these people are actually locking out the toons from the entire op just for you to get an Izax kill.