No More Cxp farming for me

ZeroTypeR

Getting to Rank 300 felt a bit like this Theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKivu9uSe8A

A great feeling.

At the same time, realizing that it took almost 3 months of pvp to go from 44 to 300, I've quickly realized that it's not worth it to do this again on alt's (It's not like I'm getting PAID to do this). From now on, wherever my gear is at is exactly where it's going to stay.

Edited by ZeroTypeR

Your post makes no sense. Like many, you chose not to grind / farm CXP efficiently and instead chose to engage in an activity you presumably enjoyed -- in this case -- PvP. Nothing wrong with that all.

If you had fun PvPing, then I don't see the problem.

If you didn't have fun PvPing and thought that just PvPing alone was the best way to grind CXP then you were wrong.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Your post makes no sense. Like many, you chose not to grind / farm CXP efficiently and instead chose to engage in an activity you presumably enjoyed -- in this case -- PvP. Nothing wrong with that all.

If you had fun PvPing, then I don't see the problem.

If you didn't have fun PvPing and thought that just PvPing alone was the best way to grind CXP then you were wrong.

Dasty

Believe me, I didn't do it for fun. I simply gritted my teeth and kept pvping till I hit 300 and I'm very much burnt out on pvp, fun for me is the vanilla story's, and SOR, but I did want to have at least one character at 300.

I must agree with JDast on this one. Of all the means to accomplish this task, you stuck to the most arduous path. That's on you. You could have reached 300 cxp far, far sooner than you stated that it took you.

Basically, this is what you admitted to:

I don't like washing my car. It's tedious, and I don't enjoy it. But the end product is a clean car. I like cleaning everything with an old tooth brush. It took me FOUR WEEKS to clean my car last time, can you imagine? Hate cleaning my car.

Pick up the garden hose, grab an old wash rag, and clean your car. If you want to stick to the tooth brush, feel free, but...don't complain about the complete misapplication of time spent for something far more easily accomplished otherwise and subsequently expect any sympathy for doing so.

Edited by xordevoreaux

A great feeling.

At the same time, realizing that it took almost 3 months of pvp to go from 44 to 300, I've quickly realized that it's not worth it to do this again on alt's (It's not like I'm getting PAID to do this). From now on, wherever my gear is at is exactly where it's going to stay.

The grind is terrible but the worst part is how bioware setup the RNG crates and the gear you get from them. All other tiers are setup to drop better and better gear the higher you are in the tiers level. rank one in tier 1 has a low chance are good gear. However, rank 80 tier one has a really good chance at good set gear. So on and so forth through the remaining tiers except tier 4.

Since you are consistently stuck at the lowest level of tier 4 and cannot get higher. You are also stuck with the lowest possible chance at good set gear.

So even in all that grinding if you wanted to continue. It still just sucks for the amount of grind you do and thats on a main I take it. Doing it on alts is just soul killing.

Edited by Quraswren

The grind is terrible but the worst part is how bioware setup the RNG crates and the gear you get from them. All other tiers are setup to drop better and better gear the higher you are in the tiers level. rank one in tier 1 has a low chance are good gear. However, rank 80 tier one has a really good chance at good set gear. So on and so forth through the remaining tiers except tier 4.

Since you are consistently stuck at the lowest level of tier 4 and cannot get higher. You are also stuck with the lowest possible chance at good set gear.

So even in all that grinding if you wanted to continue. It still just sucks for the amount of grind you do and thats on a main I take it. Doing it on alts is just soul killing.

I agree.

Personally I don't grasp the point of the command levels in the first place. The most exciting thing it got me so far was a Grand Chance Cube (which actually contained an armour set, so yay!) and a lightsaber model they've removed from the game's regular loot rotation. Is there a spesific point the system becomes relevant, or can I keep ignoring it? Think I'm at 120 or so now.

I must agree with JDast on this one. Of all the means to accomplish this task, you stuck to the most arduous path. That's on you. You could have reached 300 cxp far, far sooner than you stated that it took you.

Basically, this is what you admitted to:

I don't like washing my car. It's tedious, and I don't enjoy it. But the end product is a clean car. I like cleaning everything with an old tooth brush. It took me FOUR WEEKS to clean my car last time, can you imagine? Hate cleaning my car.

Pick up the garden hose, grab an old wash rag, and clean your car. If you want to stick to the tooth brush, feel free, but...don't complain about the complete misapplication of time spent for something far more easily accomplished otherwise and subsequently expect any sympathy for doing so.

It's true, there are faster ways to grind the Cxp and on occasion I did complete the Weeklies for both the Veteran and Master mode Flashpoints, till I got bored. However, there's a reason that I stay away from ops and ranked pvp. While those 2 routes give enormous amounts of Cxp (or ops at least), the amount of stress that comes with those modes are not worth it, to me.

Personally I don't grasp the point of the command levels in the first place. The most exciting thing it got me so far was a Grand Chance Cube (which actually contained an armour set, so yay!) and a lightsaber model they've removed from the game's regular loot rotation. Is there a spesific point the system becomes relevant, or can I keep ignoring it? Think I'm at 120 or so now.

It's not necessary to do if you most run: story modes, vanilla story - SOR, Story to veteran mode Flashpoints, Story mode for Kotfe and beyond.

It is very necessary if you do any of the hard content: Ops, Pvp, Veteran - Master mode for Kotfe and beyond, and Master mode FP's (you can still survive with 230 gear), etc.

So, it really depends on what content you play.

Edited by ZeroTypeR

I think what some of us don't understand is the following. I envision the term "farming" or "grinding" to imply that you are trying to reach a particular goal.

You seem to have put the cart before the horse and chased after an arbitrary number -- in this case -- GC Level 300. As Kodrac noted in his pot of gold at the end of the rainbow reference -- what does that number actually get you?

I don't grind to achieve a number or a title. I have done plenty of grinding before, but that was because I knew I needed certain level of gear to accomplish a goal -- meaning complete a difficult level of content. In those cases, I did what was most efficient.

Look, it's not our place to tell you how to enjoy or play the game, but I don't see the point of grinding for the sake of grinding. And, if you do want to level up CXP to gear alts, and contrary to what Quras says, it is RIDICULOUSLY easy now. Moreover, if you have a couple alts, gearing up your main in full BiS is a trivial task given UCs being legacy-wide. Quras is simply mathematically wrong.

Edit: The evidence of this is people complaining about players being decked out in full BiS and having no idea how to do basic things like cleanse, interrupt, etc., because they are Ziost Daily Heroes!

Dasty

Edit 2: I accidentally typed "horse before cart" in original -- LOLZ! Doh! Fortunately, the original is captured in post after this one. :p

Edited by Jdast

I think what some of us don't understand is the following. I envision the term "farming" or "grinding" to imply that you are trying to reach a particular goal.

You seem to have put horse before the cart and chased after an arbitrary number -- in this case -- GC Level 300. As Kodrac noted in his pot of gold at the end of the rainbow reference -- what does that number actually get you?

I don't grind to achieve a number or a title. I have done plenty of grinding before, but that was because I knew I needed certain level of gear to accomplish a goal -- meaning complete a difficult level of content. In those cases, I did what was most efficient.

Look, it's not our place to tell you how to enjoy or play the game, but I don't see the point of grinding for the sake of grinding. And, if you do want to level up CXP to gear alts, and contrary to what Quras says, it is RIDICULOUSLY easy now. Moreover, if you have a couple alts, gearing up your main in full BiS is a trivial task given UCs being legacy-wide. Quras is simply mathematically wrong.

Edit: The evidence of this is people complaining about players being decked out in full BiS and having no idea how to do basic things like cleanse, interrupt, etc., because they are Ziost Daily Heroes!

Dasty

Reason for gearing:

- Survive better in pvp

- Have a decent set of gear incase I decide to try my hand at OP's

- Have a decent set of gear incase I decide to try the expansion again, but in Vet/Master mode

- Survive better in Master Mode FP's

Not a big set of reasons for gearing, but I did have some goals in mind when I lvled up the GC rank.

*You can choose to set a goal of reaching Rank 300

*You can choose to use your favorite playstyle (e.g. PvP) to get there, even if inefficient

*You can get there, then still say, "man that was too much of a grind, with too little reward"

These can all co-exist in the same person, without any inconsistency. I want to get to 300 --> I don't like heroics and such, so I'll do PvP -->but dang PvP takes forever! Nothing inconsistent here IMO.

The grind never ends, now you need to get 248 gear :eek:

Well it ended on my sage. She has a complete set of 248, including ear pieces, relics and implants. Now she is getting extra gear for my sorceress and she is 3 short from the gear I can transfer to her. The rest she will use the unassembled components to get to 248. (And no I didn't do pvp or operations)

Edited by casirabit

*You can choose to set a goal of reaching Rank 300

*You can choose to use your favorite playstyle (e.g. PvP) to get there, even if inefficient

*You can get there, then still say, "man that was too much of a grind, with too little reward"

These can all co-exist in the same person, without any inconsistency. I want to get to 300 --> I don't like heroics and such, so I'll do PvP -->but dang PvP takes forever! Nothing inconsistent here IMO.

Exactly.

A great feeling.

Yeah, getting to 300 is 1% of the work, it is really not an accomplishment its just now you have permission to START gearing up. Welcome to the next 70 years of working your way to BiS.

If you’re level 70 and still on the vanilla stories then I really feel sorry for you

Level has no bearing on where one should be on story, especially now that there's a token to let you be level 70 starting fresh on your story. Divorce level from progress in your mind. They're not related any more.