Question about twilek helpers

evasilievna

HI,

So far i've seen only one twilek actually joining the player character, it is some girl from Sith class . Are there any more? Custom like the nice redhead lady? Maybe obtainable from PvP activities? Sorry but im confused. WE get a lot of humans, but only one twilek?

And given their personalities, I think they'd hate each other. He's way too uptight for her.

Dang, that's some missed opportunities right there.

One of the things I was looking forward to with kotfe was watching the interplay between comps from different chars. We already had a bit of that in vanilla with Kaliyo and Doc / Qyzen and Mako, but I was looking forward to Risha / Vette, Akaavi / Torian, Qyzen / Bowdaar etc. The only real interaction we get is with the 'main characters', and specifically, Kaliyo and Jorgan, who are both bad tempered, generally unlikable characters [another *** BW?" moment for the expansions]. Certainly on my SW during the Spire Raid it was difficult to figure out who I ought to be rooting for. Vette / Gault was done well, though imo it would have worked better with Gault / Risha.

Vette / Zenith would have been very interesting. What they should have done, in addition to having comps team up during missions, was to include a snippet of conversation between comps like this, the way the way the KOTORs used to do comp interaction. Whenever you come back to the Odessen war room, they could have sprung a different cutscene, or even spring cutscenes in different parts of the base to encourage exploration: head to Sana-rae and get a scene between Xalek and Guss, or go to the hangar and get a convo between Qyzen and Yuun. Anything would be better than what we actually got, a bunch of comps who apparently don't have anything to say to each other.

Edited by Ardrossan

Dang, that's some missed opportunities right there.

One of the things I was looking forward to with kotfe was watching the interplay between comps from different chars. We already had a bit of that in vanilla with Kaliyo and Doc / Qyzen and Mako, but I was looking forward to Risha / Vette, Akaavi / Torian, Qyzen / Bowdaar etc. The only real interaction we get is with the 'main characters', and specifically, Kaliyo and Jorgan, who are both bad tempered, generally unlikable characters [another *** BW?" moment for the expansions]. Certainly on my SW during the Spire Raid it was difficult to figure out who I ought to be rooting for. Vette / Gault was done well, though imo it would have worked better with Gault / Risha.

Vette / Zenith would have been very interesting. What they should have done, in addition to having comps team up during missions, was to include a snippet of conversation between comps like this, the way the way the KOTORs used to do comp interaction. Whenever you come back to the Odessen war room, they could have sprung a different cutscene, or even spring cutscenes in different parts of the base to encourage exploration: head to Sana-rae and get a scene between Xalek and Guss, or go to the hangar and get a convo between Qyzen and Yuun. Anything would be better than what we actually got, a bunch of comps who apparently don't have anything to say to each other.

LOL and force us to read the subtitles.

Of course, one could say the same for the vanilla content. We can infer that Adronikos is friendly with Ashara, and LS Jaesa with Vette. We know Mako helps out Blizz, and we know Tharan offers to give Nadia astronomy lessons [presumably starting with Uranus ohohoho]. Agent does it best, with Lokin showing up in cutscenes for Vector and vice versa, as well as a pivotal couple for Kaliyo. But none of the crews give the sense of intra-crew interaction, just the occasional pair splitting off.

Qyzen: Hissss click grum grum

Yuun: Grum grum wobble schnar grum

LOL true. I keep subtitles on by default so I don't really notice. I just thought they would probably have an interesting conversation - our two non-human rangers equipped with a different mystic package.

Zenith is a male DS companion for the jedi consular. :p

He's not that dark. :p

I just made a new Consular because I realized I had no memory of why I like Felix Iresso, so I've just (today) played through, among other places, Balmorra.

Zenith is very, very, very driven. He's ruthless, sure, but I didn't get the impression that he was, like Dark 5. But he definitely will do whatever it takes to reach his goals.

It really was so much fun to see my LS (because I'm lazy and didn't care about the main story, I only wanted to get to Felix asap) have her stance challenged by Zenith. She ended up making some ruthless choices too... and I think she won't ever reach Light 5. :D

He's not that dark. :p

I just made a new Consular because I realized I had no memory of why I like Felix Iresso, so I've just (today) played through, among other places, Balmorra.

Zenith is very, very, very driven. He's ruthless, sure, but I didn't get the impression that he was, like Dark 5. But he definitely will do whatever it takes to reach his goals.

It really was so much fun to see my LS (because I'm lazy and didn't care about the main story, I only wanted to get to Felix asap) have her stance challenged by Zenith. She ended up making some ruthless choices too... and I think she won't ever reach Light 5. :D

Sure, I don't think Zenith is Dark 5 or anything! But if we look at the differences between consular companions, I think he and Qyzen would be the DS ones. Not "cackle while murdering children" evil, more like Dark 2 probably. Zenith is obvious due to his ruthlessness and willingness to sacrifice for the big picture. Qyzen, I think, is more amoral. He has personal loyalty to various people, but ultimately he lives to fight and kill. But anyway, saying Zenith is DS is not intended to mean he's irrational - more, as you say, that his point of view will get in the way of a pure LS playthrough. ;)

I hope you're enjoying the replay. Particular best wishes for the Iresso part of the story! :D

Sure, I don't think Zenith is Dark 5 or anything! But if we look at the differences between consular companions, I think he and Qyzen would be the DS ones. Not "cackle while murdering children" evil, more like Dark 2 probably. Zenith is obvious due to his ruthlessness and willingness to sacrifice for the big picture. Qyzen, I think, is more amoral. He has personal loyalty to various people, but ultimately he lives to fight and kill. But anyway, saying Zenith is DS is not intended to mean he's irrational - more, as you say, that his point of view will get in the way of a pure LS playthrough. ;)

I hope you're enjoying the replay. Particular best wishes for the Iresso part of the story! :D

Oh yes, I'm having loooads of fun. :D I was so happy when I got Zenith and finally could ditch Qyzen (not that I don't like him, just that his babbling started getting on my nerves) that I almost died. Literally. :p I kinda forgot that Qyzen had got to Influence 14-15, and Zenith, obviously, hadn't.

We were up against some silver-and gold Sith, and poor Zenith seemed to not know what to do when killing people alongside someone else. Luckily Qyzen wasn't far away, so he helped out so Zenith got to study team tactics.

But now I have Felix, so I guess Qyzen and Zenith can commiserate on the ship until I get through the Vanilla story and brutally delete all of them to relive some other romance. :D(hmm, maybe I'm DS too?)